Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Are the Doilies back?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    so its safe to say that PCGS helps certain "good customers"? I mean why not make them available to others ?

Not very fair....makes you think about grading too
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a dealer on ebay has a date run of ASE proof. the dealer is liberty.coin

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>a dealer on ebay has a date run of ASE proof. the dealer is liberty.coin >>

There was a date run up on the BST here too. Same one perhaps?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. They just want more money and trying to ruin the originals. I hope it slaps them in the face and I hope ngc gets the same thing with there black holders. Neither service care about the hobby they just want more money. Regrade regrade enough times you get it in the holder you want. Just give either one enough money and it will happen, or have Heritage,David Lawrence, Ledgends,Stacks,or any other big name submit the coin and it will get the grade. This whole NEW label crap is that crap. Yes I collect the original doily holder b/c I am doing a type set for them to see how many coins are still in those holders and some coins are hard and some I will never fine b/c they exist. So the bring back holders and label thing is just about more money for both places and I hope they loose money on it rather then make money.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retro black and retro doilies are still not the originals.

Never will be.

It would be interesting if these doilies are made in fewer numbers than the originals.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Well, then I will stand corrected, that the coin and slab are legit. It looked fishy to me at first glance. Thanks to all who researched this thread. good info.
  • Options
    RINATIONALSRINATIONALS Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

Saw one of these today at a shop, a 1990 proof ase, they wanted $100 for it - bargain or not?

buying Rhode Island Nationals please email, PM or call 401-295-3000
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love retro. How retro can PCGSGo? Maybe 2x2 Manila envelopes with cursive dip pen writing?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file