Home Precious Metals
Options

Floodgates are open........sub 1k gold next?

Why not?

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    May well happen. Lots of folks that bought from the telemarketers at 50% upcharges are buried and may need to get shaken out before prices rise.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>May well happen. Lots of folks that bought from the telemarketers at 50% upcharges are buried and may need to get shaken out before prices rise. >>

Those "folks" represent a tiny tiny portion of the gold market and will have no affect, just like they had no affect when they purchased at a 50% premium over spot. Gold & Silver will rebound when the speculators return and not before.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>May well happen. Lots of folks that bought from the telemarketers at 50% upcharges are buried and may need to get shaken out before prices rise. >>

Those "folks" represent a tiny tiny portion of the gold market and will have no affect, just like they had no affect when they purchased at a 50% premium over spot. Gold & Silver will rebound when the speculators return and not before. >>

But those speculators must first be driven from where they are currently parked - cash and equities. Rising interest rates and/or a floundering bond market will do the trick.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>Those "folks" represent a tiny tiny portion of the gold market and will have no affect, just like they had no affect when they purchased at a 50% premium over spot. >>

Agreed.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Those "folks" represent a tiny tiny portion of the gold market and will have no affect, just like they had no affect when they purchased at a 50% premium over spot. Gold & Silver will rebound when the speculators return and not before. >>

But those speculators must first be driven from where they are currently parked - cash and equities. Rising interest rates and/or a floundering bond market will do the trick. >>

That's a big 10 4. Looks like 2014 will be another dull PM year.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sub 1k is fine by me. My pirate chest could use some more!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.... just being an observer - and one who never predicts things correctly - I would say that the only thing we can depend upon is surprises.....and no doubt 2014 will have a few... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well.... just being an observer - and one who never predicts things correctly - I would say that the only thing we can depend upon is surprises.....and no doubt 2014 will have a few... Cheers, RickO >>

Agreed, very tough to accurately predict anymore.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd that JMBullion doesn't list gold Maple Leafs as being out of stock; just item not found.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure looks like it !!! image
    Timbuk3