Home Sports Talk
Options

ROMO vs. REDSKINS...........THIS SUNDAY

1985fan and Skin2 think the world of Romo, and are against the Redskins.

Edmundfitzgerald could care less about Tony Homo, and Snyder's rich football franchise.

Let's see if 1985fan and Skin2 can have the last laugh this Sunday.

Let's see if Mr. INT himself can lead a game winning drive in the final two minutes to beat the beloved Redskins.

What's your prediction ?

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Frazier over Ali in 11 rounds.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Let's see if Mr. INT himself can lead a game winning drive in the final two minutes to beat the beloved Redskins

With the Dallas defense, he will have to start his game winning drives with the opening possession.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea which team will win the game, but I feel confident that the meeting of these two teams will generate lots of lively banter on the Sports Talk Forum both before, during and after the game.

Both teams have generated lots of buzz on the forum this season with multiple topics being discussed that generate passionate and heated debate (Romo good, Romo bad; Redskins name good, Redskins name bad; Shanahan, RGIII, Snyder soap opera; Romo, Garret, Jones soap opera; Dallas Defense being the sole cause of Dallas losing to Denver and Greenbay; Romo's late game interceptions being the sole cause of Dallas losing to Denver and Greenbay; RGIII being treated badly and brought back to soon from his injuries last year; RGIII and "his camp" forcing his sitting out preseason and then forcing his starting in the regular season when he was rusty and not completely healthy; etc., etc.)

So many villians, so many heros, so many goats and so many GOATS.

Makes for good melodrama, in fact so good it warrants its own reality show on BRAVO right after THWOBHimage

As far as the game games, I predict a Dallas win, 24-20.
  • Options
    I say 200 posts before kickoff and 200 posts after kickoff.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know is IF Dallas has the lead and it's late in the 4th.....better bring in the backup QB!
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    still waiting on the call Edmund.....
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Cousins beats Romo and Shanahan keeps his job next year with a new QB...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Dallas has a lead of less than 7 late in the 4th quarter then Washington has them right where they want themimage
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather watch Judge Judy than this game.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Romo wins the game, but Cousins goes off for my fantasy teams.....
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>All I know is IF Dallas has the lead and it's late in the 4th.....better bring in the backup QB! >>

Or watch replays of the Cold Bowl.
  • Options
    the skins scalp the cowpokes 51-33........and axtell oh wait 1985fan is 3 2 1
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Cowboys by 14 in a rout.
  • Options
    wow
  • Options
    Well, it's almost here. Romo has had a full week to see and here what the sports world thinks of him. With a full week of hard practice he should be ready to go and at least try to prove he is as good as 1987fan thinks he is! image

You couldn't ask for a better team to have to play coming off that debacle last week. The Redskins are pathetic at best this year.

So, how is Tony going to handle things this Sunday???????
  • Options
    Cowboys will lose 92-90 and Dimeman will blame it on Romo.
  • Options
    I find it laughably arrogant that someone thinks Romo (or any other athlete) spends any amount of his time worrying about what the fans think, least of all those fair weathered clowns who can't even remember the names and dates of his team's history!
  • Options

<< <i>I find it laughably arrogant that someone thinks Romo (or any other athlete) spends any amount of his time worrying about what the fans think, least of all those fair weathered clowns who can't even remember the names and dates of his team's history! >>

I was at the Snow Bowl for the USFL Title in 1982 when my Boys played the Packers.
  • Options
    I find it laughably STUPID that you keep harping on bad spelling and mixing up dates tat were almost 50 years ago!

You are either a STUPID A$$HOLE or jealous because my team has a better history than yours!

Probably both!image
  • Options

<< <i>I find it laughably STUPID that you keep harping on bad spelling and mixing up dates tat were almost 50 years ago!

You are either a STUPID A$$HOLE or jealous because my team has a better history than yours!

Probably both!image >>

If my team played in one of the most famous games in the history of the NFL with a famous nickname given to said game, I assure you I could remember the name of the game and at least get within half a decade of the right year. Cold Bowl, HA!!!

And I'm jealous that you hate "your" team so much.
  • Options
    unwoundsage - You are as big an IDOIT as 1985fan! I called it "Frozen" not "cold" and it was within a half decade.

And I don't hate my team - just Romo "The Choker"!

You need to get a life...IDIOT!!!!!
  • Options

• Options
    Sorry....No group hug with these IDIOTS!!!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimeman gets all worked up so easily, lol...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    unwoundsage - You are as big an IDOIT as 1985fan!

Well DIMEMAN, i'm not sure if I should feel proud or ashamed that you have not grouped me with them.

You actually hate Romo? i can understand the frustration of witnessing some of his critical mistakes, but do you honestly feel that he is the biggest, singular failure of the Cowboys' teams over the past 8 years or so?
  • Options

<< <i>unwoundsage - You are as big an IDOIT as 1985fan! I called it "Frozen" not "cold" and it was within a half decade.

And I don't hate my team - just Romo "The Choker"!

You need to get a life...IDIOT!!!!! >>

What's an idoit?

Within half a decade? image

You don't hate your team, just the best player on it?

And I think the moderators will frown on your continued and blatant swear word bypassing. There are kids that read these forums. Have you no shame, sir?
  • Options
    >>>You actually hate Romo? i can understand the frustration of witnessing some of his critical mistakes, but do you honestly feel that he is the biggest, singular failure of the Cowboys' teams over the past 8 years or so? <<<

Lightingboy - I have "NEVER" said Romo was the biggest or the only problem the Cowboys have. They have all kinds of problems. The biggest being the owner which causes the next biggest problem the coaches. We will never get good coaches. Who would want to work for Jones. The first thing he did when he bought the team was fire Tom Landry. He was a legend and one of the best coaches ever.

I don't hate Romo ... I just can't take any more of his ineptness at the end of games. We will never be more that average with him as QB. He just doesn't have what it takes. He finds ways to lose....we need a QB that can find ways to win.
  • Options
    we need a QB that can find ways to win.

I'm all for that. But in all honesty, I dont think there is a QB today (Manning, Brady, Brees or Rogers) that would win consistently with the current defense they have on the field.

The 2006 Colts are the worst ranked defense to ever win a Super Bowl. They were ranked 23, not 32. Plus they played one of the luckiest, least talented Super Bowl opponents (Bears) . Really not sure Manning could have overcome in the defense was 9 spots lower.
  • Options
    Even with the defense he has.....The Denver game was his to win as was the Green Bay game.

And he blew them both......that's my beef with Romo.
  • Options

<< <i>Even with the defense he has.....The Denver game was his to win as was the Green Bay game.

And he blew them both......that's my beef with Romo. >>

Your continued insistence on letting the defense off the hook is mindblowing. Seriously, dude, the FACTS are:

The defense (not Romo!) allowed Denver to score 51 points. Period. Asking a QB to overcome that FACT is the height of moronic.
    The defense (not Romo!) allowed a career backup QB to (a) throw for over 400 yards and (b) allow 3 80 yard TD drives in the second half.

Romo is the only reason the team was competitive in either game. Suggesting either game is his fault for losing is PROOF you have NO IDEA how to analyze football, period. Now, go drink up! You have a cowboys team to root against tomorrow!
  • Options
    1985fan you are the one that can't seem to get in touch with reality. Romo had those 2 games to win and instead threw game losing INT's. Plain and simple....sorry you are too ignorant to grasp what really happened.

As for tomorrow....I ALWAYS root for the Cowboys and hope Romo has a great game and we win.
  • Options

<< <i>1985fan you are the one that can't seem to get in touch with reality. Romo had those 2 games to win and instead threw game losing INT's. Plain and simple....sorry you are too ignorant to grasp what really happened.

As for tomorrow....I ALWAYS root for the Cowboys and hope Romo has a great game and we win. >>

Romo was the only reason the Cowboys were in a position to win. The DEFENSE (not Romo, you dolt) allowed the opposing team to score at will. The DEFENSE has had two (of the three) games where they didn't force a punt. The DEFENSE is why the team loses. No matter how much your simple brain cannot comprehend something longer than one play of the game, it's the DEFENSE that has time and again let the Cowboys down, and NOT Romo.

What's an idoit? You used this term earlier and I've never heard it before. Is it because you're so furiously rushing through your posting you don't even proofread? imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Again with the spelling! What an IDIOT you are! There spelled it correctly,image

As I walk away......don't think you have won.

You are just not worth any more of my time!image
  • Options

<< <i>Again with the spelling! What an IDIOT you are! There spelled it correctly,image

As I walk away......don't think you have won.

You are just not worth any more of my time!image >>

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that nonsense from your yap, I'd have a whole mess of nickels.

Romo is the only redeeming player on the entire team...the defense, as it has all season, is the reason the team loses. Period.
  • Options

<< <i>
    , I'd have a whole mess.

. >>

Time to clean the basement again ?
  • Options
    I remember when the Cowboys won the SB in 2001 or so. Oh wait, what? Well at least I was within half a decade.

Frozen Bowl is even worse. The one human that ever referred to it as such claims he was there half a decade after it happened and I'm the idiot. Cool story bro.
  • Options
    I can already tell dimeman can't wait for the boys to lose so he can run and blame romo for this loss.
  • Options
    Romo has a 65.0 QB Rating through 3 quarters against the Redskins.

Looks like DIMEMAN will have lots to say if things don't change.
  • Options
    Big clutch 4th and 10 touchdown by Romoimage

Lets see if their vaunted defense can actually preserve a win for him
  • Options
    Well what do you know. The Cowboys defense did not blow another game. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • Options
    Big time win that should once and for all shut up the haters like dimeman. Now get lost!
  • Options
    4th and 10 down by 6 less than a minute to go and your QB comes through with a TD? That's money right there.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Where's Dimeman? Romo playing injured and leads them to victory. Guess he will credit the defense for only giving up 17 in the 2nd half.
  • Options

<< <i>Romo has a 65.0 QB Rating through 3 quarters against the Redskins.

Looks like DIMEMAN will have lots to say if things don't change. >>

I guess things changed, huh?

• Options

<< <i>Where's Dimeman? Romo playing injured and leads them to victory. Guess he will credit the defense for only giving up 17 in the 2nd half. >>

He only posts when his "team" loses..Had Romo thrown a last second pick instead of the gamewinning TD, he'd have already started a thread by now.

• Options
    Come on DIMEMAN, dont be a sore loser. You should be at least slightly happy that "your" team stayed in the playoff hunt with that thrilling victory.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Philly beats the Bears tonight, then that 4th down play was the Cowboys' season. Making it happen when the season is (or could potentially be) on the line....that's all I've been asking for out of Romo. And today he did just that. Major props!

Give it up, Dimeman!
  • Options
    >>>Big time win that should once and for all shut up the haters like dimeman. Now get lost! <<<

You actually think 1 game of doing what you are suppose to do wipes out all the games he has BLOWN!!!! WHAT AN IDIOT YOU ARE!!

Now to the rest of you...I didn't get see the game (not televised here) but it looks like Romo pulled this one out and won a game...even if it was the hapless Redskins. Great job Tony, but I still don't trust you. Hope he has a great game next week because I hate the Eagles. We will see.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romo won the game for the Cowboys today. Good for him and give him due credit.
  • Options

<< <i>>>>Big time win that should once and for all shut up the haters like dimeman. Now get lost! <<<

You actually think 1 game of doing what you are suppose to do wipes out all the games he has BLOWN!!!! WHAT AN IDIOT YOU ARE!! >>

No, sir, this isn't the first time. We've repeatedly posted the number of game winning, fourth quarter drives Romo has engineered, only for you to brush them off as it's meaningless. You continue to blame him when the defense is to be blamed. You, sir, are no fan, and it's telling that you are here posting faster after a LOSS than after a WIN. No matter what you say, your ACTIONS show you're happier when the team loses and the loss can be (erroneously) blamed on Romo than when he wins. If I'm a Cowboys fan, I'm ELATED after today - it breaks the Cowboys absymal December record of late, and beating the Redskins which as a division rival has always played Dallas tough. But instead, we get...

<< <i>Now to the rest of you...I didn't get see the game (not televised here) but it looks like Romo pulled this one out and won a game...even if it was the hapless Redskins. Great job Tony, but I still don't trust you. Hope he has a great game next week because I hate the Eagles. We will see. >>

This is it. This is all you can say about a player that in your eyes doesn't close games (false), doesn't engineer fourth quarter come from behind drives (false) or beat division rivals or win in December. All you can say is 'I still don't trust you'. Not even a GLIMMER of happiness or elation over an amazing come from behind win, despite his running back taking a 3rd and goal from the 1 and turning into 4th and goal from the TEN.

You, sir, are a blight on sports fans EVERYWHERE. You, sir, are the worst 'fan' I have ever encountered. I have never in my life encountered someone who is happier when his team loses than when it wins. As a fellow sports fan, sir, you are the WORST.