Home Precious Metals

anyone ever heard of this dealer?

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone bought from wholesalecoinsdirect.com?

The prices don't look too bad. I got there from an ad on the side of my gmail inbox that popped up yesterday.

I thought the minimum shipping charge ($20) looked a bit high but today when I went back I got a free shipping for orders over $500 offer . the code is " BestCoins "

OPM 1 oz. rounds for 1$ over spot seem like the best deal in silver but if you dig around a bit in the nooks and crannies the price on the Pamp 5 gram year of the dragon bars is pretty good.

Prices are about even with APMEX on most things but they also take paypal so that might be useful for some , I don't know of any other bullion dealer that takes paypal anymore.

Comments

• bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭
    I know moderncoinmart takes paypal. Haven't delt with them personally but they have decent prices and positive reviews. Thinking about a purchase with them.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the best prices on bullion can be had by wiring payment.

I'm leary of using bullion dealers that are unknown to me in a market that is experiencing declining spot prices. Buyer risk is increased in such a market. When metal prices are dropping many bullion products are sold at a loss. This can put dealers into financial difficulty and force them to sell product they do not have or even put them out of business. I try to stick with my proven guys in such times.

<< <i>I know moderncoinmart takes paypal. Haven't delt with them personally but they have decent prices and positive reviews. Thinking about a purchase with them. >>

MCM is one of my "proven guys." The fact that they sell much more than just bullion also reduces their risk (and the bullion buyer's risk) dealing in bullion.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    OK.... so...... this is not directed at the company mentioned in this thread but rather my personal more general observation:

In the past 2-3 years, no less than 20 highly visible bullion (and modern coin) companies have grown wings. Why? Because they think they spotted an opportunity and I'll go as far as to say that some may have even naively thought it would be easy money.

Fact is, almost no other business could be as difficult to navigate as their are moving targets, a ridiculous amount of competition, and an ever changing landscape in which to do business. If you judge these newcomers (nearly all of whom claim to be industry insiders for many years but yet are unknown to virtually everyone) on website appearance alone, you'd be ready to hit the buy it now button in a nano second.

First stop, study the "about us" page. They all look great BUT is their real content in there or is it a magical story or manufactured fluff? Again I quote Jerry Seinfeld, "Who ARE these people???"
    In some cases, you can't even figure out what state they operate out of....

Second, are the principals named, and are they PNG members? You can buy a hundred memberships in a day and look like a real player but you can't buy a PNG membership. Strict requirements, code of ethics, binding arbitration, net worth requirements, etc.

Third, understand the model. Some are just honest small time companies, others trying hard to be something they are not, others primary objective to farm contacts for future solicitations, and a few are WYSIWYG.

When I have my consumer hat on I prefer to stick with known and proven. EVEN if I pay just a tad more.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stick with established dealers with which you have a proven track record....in today's market, odds are against gamblers...well, the odds are pretty much always against gamblers, but right now seems a bit more risky. Cheers, RickO
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree totally with what John Maben said. Totally.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OK.... so...... this is not directed at the company mentioned in this thread but rather my personal more general observation:

In the past 2-3 years, no less than 20 highly visible bullion (and modern coin) companies have grown wings. Why? Because they think they spotted an opportunity and I'll go as far as to say that some may have even naively thought it would be easy money.

Fact is, almost no other business could be as difficult to navigate as their are moving targets, a ridiculous amount of competition, and an ever changing landscape in which to do business. If you judge these newcomers (nearly all of whom claim to be industry insiders for many years but yet are unknown to virtually everyone) on website appearance alone, you'd be ready to hit the buy it now button in a nano second.

First stop, study the "about us" page. They all look great BUT is their real content in there or is it a magical story or manufactured fluff? Again I quote Jerry Seinfeld, "Who ARE these people???"

Second, are the principals named, and are they PNG members? You can buy a hundred memberships in a day and look like a real player but you can't buy a PNG membership. Strict requirements, code of ethics, binding arbitration, net worth requirements, etc.

Third, understand the model. Some are just honest small time companies, others trying hard to be something they are not, others primary objective to farm contacts for future solicitations, and a few are WYSIWYG.

When I have my consumer hat on I prefer to stick with known and proven. EVEN if I pay just a tad more.

John >>

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rock bottom prices to the collecting public?

I just flipped over to their Saint Gaudens page and found stupidly high prices that no one on earth should be paying. MS65 Saint was dropped from $2750 "retail" to $2310 "wholesale." You could probably buy all you want
    from Heritage or Rarcoa for 15-20% less than that. I don't ever recall MS65 saints being worth $2750 even when gold was $1900/oz. These guys are full of you know what. Their prices for slabbed classic gold across the board
    are well beyond any retailer than I know. Hopefully, their pure bullion stuff is more reasonably priced. And if it is, what is their current financial status in this very tuff bullion market where demand is down? There are some
    long time US bullion dealers who are taking 4-6 weeks or more to send out coins or checks. Here today....gone tomorrow.

Link to Saint offerings
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OK.... so...... this is not directed at the company mentioned in this thread but rather my personal more general observation:

John >>

The voice of experience!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    I do not put any added value on the PNG members. I agree though that one must do their homework before choosing a dealer. I find references from known satisfied customers to be most important.