Home Precious Metals

Stopped at gas station on the way home.

Sorry again my wife's camera won't do close-ups. I have to get my camera fixed this is driving me crazy.

On the way home from dinner I stopped at the gas station to grab a couple beers for the night. I always look in the till when it's opened and I said, "Can I get the halves?". Then the guy said, "There's $5 of them". I said I would take all and below is a pic of what was in there. I was shocked he didn't say he was saving them or something else. Fifty cents each, my luckiest strike in quite a while.

Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.

Comments

• pennyholicpennyholic Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    Outstanding now go buy a lottery ticket.
  • LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Feels good I bet. Very nice Sir...

It's all about what the people want...

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dangz, that's sweet. About $71 melt.

• << <i>Outstanding now go buy a lottery ticket. >>

You know, I should have done that. I'll get one this week just for the fun of it.

It's surprising how many people have no knowledge about coins or silver especially. It seems they would notice franklins as being odd at least. Some kid took pop's coin collection for a pack of cigarettes or something. (all different dates, no duplicates) I did the math and that's about $3.50 per cig. Ouch.
  • vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Outstanding now go buy a lottery ticket. >>

You know, I should have done that. I'll get one this week just for the fun of it.

It's surprising how many people have no knowledge about coins or silver especially. It seems they would notice franklins as being odd at least. Some kid took pop's coin collection for a pack of cigarettes or something. (all different dates, no duplicates) I did the math and that's about $3.50 per cig. Ouch. >>

haha, something I would have done when I was a kid.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think where I live cigarettes already cost $3.50 each image
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!

Must be something about gas stations. I was in one about 15 years ago in Seattle, and the guy just ahead of me (scruffy dude, maybe 40 years old) was buying a pack of cigs. He pulls out some cash and tosses it on the counter. The guy working the counter counts it and says something to the effect of 'Looks like you are 55 cents short". The guy reaches in his pocket, pulls out a handful of coins, and proceeds to count out eleven BUFFALO nickels. He puts them on the counter, and walks out.

I'm was in total shock, as was the guy behind the counter. I immediately said 'I'll buy those', but before I could even get the words out, the guy said 'nope' and dropped them in his pocket.

To this day, I still can't figure out what that was all about.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    AWESOME!!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Hope you still had enough left for the beer. image

• << <i>Hope you still had enough left for the beer. image >>

Lol, funny you mention that. I gave him a twenty and that was part of the change. On the way out I thought, why didn't I even glance at the quarter slot? I still wonder. Happy with what I got though.

I guess I was just so pleased to get the Franklins and not showing too much interest that I didn't think to glance at the rest of the change.

Somehow it made the beer taste better than usual.image
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic.... I always glance at the till...never been so lucky....Cheers, RickO
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Nice score, I always peek in the till too. Had a very similar experience at the Post Office one time. On my next visit I gave the Clerk a gift card for the heck of it.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my, that's a haul!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super cool and congrats!!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is cool

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love stories like this. Great score.
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Score!
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    talk about hitting the lottery. thats a way nice score image