Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭
    Great!! Thanks for the Post!

This should be the Key to the Proof Buff until its not.
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be the Key to the Proof Buff until its not.

Lol, Coinboy!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on how many additional orders were taken. The price of the coin dropped last week and it would not take too many new orders to push it into

third place. If it does become the new low mintage and prices climb the strugle of a future present for my Grandson VS. a nice profit on the sale of the coin sets in.

At what price can I sell him out?image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    2013 W Proof American Buffalo Gold Coin sales as of Dec. 1, 2013 was 18,264 coins and the US Mint needed to sell ~1,500 Coins in less than a week to **NOT** be the Key to the Buff series.

I can assure you, it is the KEY, and I predict a final sales **under** 19,000 coins.

--------

2012 Proof Gold Buffalo* 19,765 in 2nd place for the series. (sold-out)
    2013 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo* 47,836 (sold-out)

http://www.coinnews.net/2013/12/04/us-mint-sales-2013-p-fort-mchenry-silver-coins-sold-out/

Edited to Correct that the 2008 W $50 was the Key to the Big Coin of the Series
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options
    There a few PCGS PR70 non-FS (about 20) at APMEX at this point at $1816
  • Options
    The numbers for the 2008 proof that I have seen are 18,863. Is that not the lowest mintage so far ?

If so the 2013 would have to sell 599 or less than the last published number.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 153 ✭✭

<< <i>The numbers for the 2008 proof that I have seen are 18,863. Is that not the lowest mintage so far ?

If so the 2013 would have to sell 599 or less than the last published number. >>

18,863 is the current low.

The latest update from Coin Update dated 4 Dec showed sales of only 136 the prior week to rise to the current 18,264 figure. The backorder notice popped up Fri 6 Dec. It will be interesting.
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2006-2012 gold buffalo mintages

Note that the two lowest proof mintages are the 2008 $25 (12,169) and $10 (13,125). The 2013 W will only become king of the one ounce proofs, a series of only nine coins (including the one oz. rev. proof).

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    There were two on ebay this morning for $2195.00 also which are now gone.
  • Options
    MCM had 25 PCGS 70 FS for sale for three weeks and only sold 3 even though the price dropped to $ 2,149.00.

Last week they became temporarily out of stock. They will be back at a much higher price soon.
  • Options

<< <i>There were two on ebay this morning for $2195.00 also which are now gone. >>

Speculators?

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard market for them is on way up - some people putting them away for when the bids come out..... I bet shops are taking them out of the cases and putting them in the safe until prices sorted out.
    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There were two on ebay this morning for $2195.00 also which are now gone. >>

Speculators? >>

That's what I'm speculating, but am no prognosticator or procrastinator image
  • Options

I FEEL GOOD!

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad Coinboy is feeling good because I own boatload of them. Two weeks ago, I resigned myself to the likely loss I might expect on them as I bought them to make pairs with the reverse proofs. Then I saw the massive dumping of then on ebay and prepared myself to take the medicine. Today, I feel like I am back in the game. We will see what tomorrow brings. Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Way to go Mitch!

Yeah, I've been watching these all Summer.

I was going to play around a bit, (not on your scale, of course) but I bought 10 from the Mint a month ago, I then got creeped out when they arrived and I sent them all back under the wire on the 7th Day and just made it for the credit.

I have (4) and just bought (1) FS PR69DCAM Flag for $1,783 on EBay a few minutes ago.

Hopefully, these older listings will start drying up tonight and in the morning I would think (at this price).

In addition with no more gimmicks on the horizon with the Buffs, Mintages will rise back next year a bit, etc.

Of course when the Banksters collapse it all again, these could even get cheaper despite any mintage ;>

• Options
    Nice going Coinboy. While we are not out of the woods yet, it is sure better than where we were 2 weeks ago. Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    While not on the scale of the big boys I also long expected it to be this year winner overshadowed by Reverse Proof action.

So I've two of them when they just came out - one PCGS PR70 FS from Goldmart (oh yeah waited for more than a month :-) and one graded myself PCGS PR70 FS.

Now hoping one day I can trade one of them for 2008-W when dust settles :-)
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be a while...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    Was it a 500 coin order Monday morning that took the total to the 19,000 coins that were produced and caused the sell out ???????

We will have to wait until the next mint update on 12/15 to know for sure. Keep your fingers crossed until then.
  • Options
    A new KING !!!!

.2013 AMERICAN BUFFALO GOLD PROOF COIN 18,555*

coinupdate.com...................see sales report.
  • Options
    Bullsitter. Isn't there one day or sales potentially remaining before that call can be official? Not sure if any sold on 12/09/13?

Wondercoin
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell on the news. Buy on the rumor. Flip it, before the prices drop. (I'll take one at issue price, please image )
  • Options

<< <i>Bullsitter. Isn't there one day or sales potentially remaining before that call can be official? Not sure if any sold on 12/09/13?

Wondercoin >>

Sales report dated 12-10-2013, 18,555 is final.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The '08s bring some big bucks.
    I wonder how much of a hit they'll take.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    The sales report is as of 12-8 and the coin didn't officailly go off sale til 12-9. Probably not much difference though.
  • Options
    The complete US Mint numismatic product sales report appears below. These figures are compiled through December 8, 2013. The first number column represents total sales through the reporting date, and the second number column represents the change in sales since the last report. Products which make their debut on this report are shown in bold. Products with sales followed by an asterisk (*) are no longer available from the United States Mint. Currently available US Mint products can be found online at http://catalog.usmint.gov/

Bullsitter,

We all want to do the victory dance as much as you, however I will feel better after the sales report for December 15 is published.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    My order page says - Your order is in process - product expected to ship 12/25/13. Am I actually going to get this?
    I sure hope so. It would make a nice set with my RP Buffalo.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Placed my order on Sunday 12/08/13 about 6:30 PM.
  • Options
    Keep things in perspective and don't wait too long to cash in, it's only king of a nine-coin 1 oz. proof series. There are two other smaller proofs with lower mintage and a total of six gold buffalos with lower mintage.

• Options
    Still available at Mint issue price, but not for long!!!!!!!

from the mint news blog

December 10, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Hi all,

The Denver Mint gift shop has 16 of them (proff gold buffalos) I just got off the phone with them and got one. Early bird gets the worm. Hope everyone gets one.

Denver (303) 572-9500

Matt says:

December 10, 2013 at 1:42 pm

They charged me 1,590 plus overnight shipping of 20 dollars.

Matt

Samuel says:
    December 10, 2013 at 1:46 pm

wow!

Steve says:
    December 10, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Thanks Matt…I just ordered 2 of them. 1590 x 2 plus $20 overnght shipping for a total of $3200
    Brad says:
    December 10, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Matt,

Thanks for the redemption opportunity. I decided to gamble after all and ordered two of them myself. Now I hope they still bring a premium by January 1st!

• Options
    I ordered on Sat. Dec 7 from the mint and it is in process. We shall see. I would have bought more, but funds are limited. I usually take a chance and wait til they go red and on backorder status before I take the plunge.
  • Options
    Let the feeding frenzy begin. First Ebay sell yesterday PCGS PR70 Biason Label $ 2,950. Several others around that price for sale and

one guy "going for the GOLD" at $ 7,425 or best offer. Riddle me this flipper! Go for $ 3,000 now or hold off for $ 7,000 later?

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I would think the die hard buffalo gold collectors would already have their 2013 Buffalo Gold Proofs. I have one backordered at the mint. Not sure if I would get it.

For those still looking, since they closed operations at the kiosk in Union Station in Sept and moved to the mint headquarters in DC, I would be giving them a ring or heading down there right now. I don't have the funds to invest, but good luck. Maybe they have a few lying around down there.

kiosk closing
  • Options
    Hattrick. You need to look a little closer. That was not a sale at $2,950 yesterday, but rather at $2,190. I do think the prices have turned upward from that $2,190 sale, which was simply an older ebay ad that was matching, or close to matching what an 800 pound gorilla was "dumping" them at a couple weeks ago. As always, just my 2 cents. Wondercoin
  • Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Just FYI. I had two regular 2013 proof Buffs, a PCGS FS 70 I plan to keep for at least a while.

And a First Release NGC70 I listed on EBAY last night for $2595, it just sold. I'm happy with the sale price.

So hopefully onward and upward from here.
  • Options

<< <i>Hattrick. You need to look a little closer. That was not a sale at $2,950 yesterday, but rather at $2,190. I do think the prices have turned upward from that $2,190 sale, which was simply an older ebay ad that was matching, or close to matching what an 800 pound gorilla was "dumping" them at a couple weeks ago. As always, just my 2 cents. Wondercoin >>

Wondercoin,

I don't know what you are looking at, however there was a Biason Label sold for $ 2,949.75 by Southeast Quality on the 10TH

as well as two Flag labels for $ 2,695 sold by Liberty Coin on the 10th according to the sold listings on Ebay.

also a NGC early release Buffalo lable for $ 2,899.95 sold on the 10th.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Hattrick. Open up that sale and look at the $2,190. Ebay does not show the true sale price when you simply do a completed auction search. Wondercoin
  • Options
    I am looking at # 360808189163 and all I can see is the buy it now price of $2,949.75. It was not an auction.
    I am searching sold items not compleated auctions. It shows buy it now sales, best offer sales and auction sales.

I do not know what you mean by open up the sale. I do not have a Fleabay account and never will. Only use it to see going prices.

I will never buy on Ebay or use ripoff pal. I only buy from MCM and APMEX where I can count on excelent service, quick delivery,

getting exactly what I ordered and competitive pricing and often the best price if the timing is right.
  • Options
    "private listing -- buyers' identities protected US $2,189.75 1 Dec-09-13 09:42:27 PST"

Hattrick: Above is the ebay sale you are referring to.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Wondercoin is correct. He had more at that price but yanked them.
  • Options
    Don't know why they can not show the real final sales price instead of some bull$$ number they show as the sold price.

Just goes to show they can not be trusted any more than many of the scammers and ripoff artist they allow to sell on their site.

Showing something as sold on 12/10 for $ $ 2,949.75 when it was sold on 12/9 for $ 2,189.75 is fraud as far as I am concerned.

It is BS like this as well as the BS rules for First Strike and the over issue of " limited " or "specisl" issues that is taking the Modern Coin

market down the path the sports card market followed.
  • Options
    Bullsitter: Here is the new asking price of $2,799.75 (eBay item number:360783444675).

Hattick: I agree that it is very difficult to navigate ebay these days to see the REAL sale prices. Obviously, now that you know the way it works, you won't make that mistake again. But, many people may not know to "jump through the hoops" to get to the REAL sale price.

Wondercoin

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Local coin shop has three raw ones for $1820. Debating.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>Bullsitter: Here is the new asking price of $2,799.75 (eBay item number:360783444675).

Hattick: I agree that it is very difficult to navigate ebay these days to see the REAL sale prices. Obviously, now that you know the way it works, you won't make that mistake again. But, many people may not know to "jump through the hoops" to get to the REAL sale price.

Wondercoin >>

Thanks for the info. You showed the sale price but you did no explain how I could look up the actaul sale price or it the item was removed and re listed.

any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    Hattrick: Click on the (1) bid showing in your $2,950 auction. Do you now see the $2,190?

Wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>Local coin shop has three raw ones for $1820. Debating. >>

$1790 original issue price, I'd buy all 3 quick.
    OMP will bring more than graded 69s which are now selling at $2300+.

Hurry and good luck !!!
  • Options
    on the search it said buy it now not auction. when i clicked on original listing it said nothing about bids.

however it did say 2 available / 1 sold and when i clicked on the 1 sold link it gave the price you had listed under buy it now price.

nothing is mentined about it being an auction or a bid. What a way to confuse the public and I am sure this causes a lot of misinformation and lost business.

Thanks for the help Wondercoin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file