Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2014 Hall of Fame Ballot Announced

A lot of big names making their first appearance on the Hall of Fame Ballot: Greg Maddux, Frank Thomas, and Tom Glavine topping the list. Those inducted on the ballot will be named along with Bobby Cox, Joe Torre, Tony La Russa, Steinbrenner and Marvin Miller. Who is going to make it this year? Will Craig Biggio or Jeff Bagwell get the 75% needed after falling just short last year? Will Jack Morris make it on his last year of eligibility? Will the voters continue to pass by those who have PED implications linked to them?

ESPN-HOF Ballot Announced

Comments

• Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭
    Maddux,Glavine, and Mussina
  • Options
    It's a stacked ballot for sure. Pretty sure it's gonna hurt alot of guys. My bets on Maddux and Thomas. Think every one else waits a little longer. To many guys pulling votes from others. Crazy ballot when 3000 and 300 win guys don't get in. I could be wrong just think that's how it will shake out.
  • Options
    I'm just preparing for the whining about how wrong the system is again. Ill just write it now cause I'm sure ill write it later on.....Berra waited a few years and he's thought of by some as the best catcher ever, Killebrew was 5th on the home run list when he retired and it took him 4 years?? It wasn't a huge travesty that Biggio didn't get in on the first try although everyone seemed to think so.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say Maddux and Thomas are locks. Glavine and Biggio are going to be close. I'd like to see Piazza get in, too, as a Mets fan, but this ballot is likely too strong for this year.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking Maddux and Thomas get the call. There are a lot of votes being spread out to deserving players, which will affect many that are on the cusp of making it in.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    IMO, Glavine was a HoF pitcher, but a clearly defined notch below Maddux and waits a year or two on a very crowded ballot.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maddux, Biggio, and the Big Hurt. I think Glavine belongs in as well, but won't make it this year.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should elect Piazza, a rather obvious Hall of Famer. I'm sure the voters will manufacture a reason or two to only elect Greg Maddux however. Which is cool. Very deserving, as well, obviously. And I wouldn't be shocked at all if the voters see to it that Maddux gets the stage all by his lonesome.
  • Options
    Should be Clemens, bonds, and Maddux
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Maddox,Biggio,Thomas. Unless they open the door for Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe anyone else with a questioned past should not be voted in.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    Does Maddux join the hallowed 98% club?
  • Options
    My bets is on Maddux, Thomas and Biggio. Glavine is possible too but might have to wait a year with a crowded group. With the Veterans, I say Larussa and either Torre or Miller, leaning more toward Miller. The only knock on Torre is his time managing outside of NY and the unimpressive record and stats
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea of Glavine not going in first ballot is mind boggling to me, particularly given the PED fiasco.

In addition to being a 300 game winner with a heck of a W-L % IMO, he was a solid hitter, clutch in the post season, etc. Here's some more tidbits, including a W.S. MVP.

10× All-Star (1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006)
    World Series champion (1995)
    4× Silver Slugger Award (1991, 1995, 1996, 1998)
    2× NL Cy Young Award (1991, 1998)
    World Series MVP (1995)

I think the 16 year span (not consecutive) of All Star appearances should not be overlooked; that is high-level consistency.

Is he overshadowed by Maddux? yes, but every pitcher who ever played, except for Walter Johnson and a few others are as well.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    I don't think Thomas gets in this year but 2nd ballot for sure
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Maddux join the hallowed 98% club? - yes
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't happen but Maddux deserves to get 100%
  • Options
    And as always, there will be a few hometown homer idiots that cast a vote or two for guys like JT Snow and Sean Casey who weren't even one of the 5 best players on their own teams.
  • Options
    Maddux (97.5%), Thomas (90.1%), Biggio (76%)....Glavine falls just short at (74%) because some writers wrongly contrast him with Maddux.

Too bad on Morris and Trammell...the veterans committee will surely vote them in someday.

Clemens, Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa can suck-it. For those that use the lame "but everybody does it" excuse...please try to explain to me why we then don't let all convicted murderers and rapists go free because we are unable to catch them all.
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options

<< <i>Maddux (97.5%), Thomas (90.1%), Biggio (76%)....Glavine falls just short at (74%) because some writers wrongly contrast him with Maddux.
    >>

I would like to argue with the Glavine part because 300 wins is supposed to be first ballot, especially by today's standards. However, 3000 hits is also supposed to be a first ballot guy. Any writer that votes for some hometown scrub and doesn't include those 4 guys should have his voting rights revoked.
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous if Glavine doesn't get in on first ballot. I don't know what else the guy could do besides be Maddux to get in on first ballot. I think those voters that believe that players don't deserve first ballot are dumb. Does he belong in, yes or no? If players are good enough to get in, get them in. I don't like the idea of players campaigning and finally getting in on their final ballot. Morris shouldn't get in. If he didn't get voted in the past 14 years how does he numbers suddenly improve to where he does get in? Wouldn't make much sense if he does.

Maddux, Glavine, Thomas, Biggio. All belong this year. Get em all in.
  • Options
    How many are "allowed" in one year? First-ballot this year should be Maddux, Thomas and Glavine, while Biggio should get in this year too, on his second try. That's four that I believe should most definitely be in THIS year. Bagwell, Mussina, Schilling, Raines, Trammell, McGriff, Kent, Edgar Martinez and Lee Smith should all get in sooner than later. Jack Morris will have to hope for Veterans Committee. He's not breaking in with this crop.
  • Options
    I think in any other year Glavine is a first ballot guy you can't help that the ballot is loaded. Glavine belongs but is it such a big deal that he doesn't go right in? Clemens, Bonds and all the other cheats are gonna clog the ballot for years! If I had my way the living HOF's would vote in players. Not sure how that wouldn't be better than a group of fat ol men that may never have swung a bat or turned a double play in there life.
  • Options
    other than myself and grote, why the lack of Piazza talk? Certainly deserves to be in before the corpse of marvin miller in my opinion. It's not a long limb to go out on and say that Mike was the greatest hitting catcher ever, or certainly in a strong argument for top 2. No MVP, no World Series but everything else stacks up well. Now, I would put Maddux first on the ballot, but I would go with Piazza before Frank, Biggio, Bagwell, Raines and probably even Glavine.
  • Options
    Each voter can vote for 10 people but too many morons wont vote for guys because of grudges or just not liking a guy or who he played for! I say Maddux,Thomas,Biggio,Glavine for sure and Piazza an outside shot. Just my humble opinion.Lou
    Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.
  • Options

<< <i>Maddux (97.5%), Thomas (90.1%), Biggio (76%)....Glavine falls just short at (74%) because some writers wrongly contrast him with Maddux.

Too bad on Morris and Trammell...the veterans committee will surely vote them in someday.

Clemens, Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa can suck-it. For those that use the lame "but everybody does it" excuse...please try to explain to me why we then don't let all convicted murderers and rapists go free because we are unable to catch them all. >>

but thomas did steroids and so did maddux so you are a hypocrite
  • Options

<< <i>

Clemens, Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa can suck-it. For those that use the lame "but everybody does it" excuse...please try to explain to me why we then don't let all convicted murderers and rapists go free because we are unable to catch them all. >>

but thomas did steroids and so did maddux so you are a hypocrite >>

Shouldn't you be scanning the rest of your collection so you can post multiple threads asking for grade opinions?
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I remember somewhere 4 or 5 years ago posting that Thomas would get elected with at least 90% of the vote...I also remember a poster saying that were going to revive the thread to prove me wrong. Looking forward to it.

Might as well unveil a project I've been working on...it's the beta version and I have a massive update coming up very soon, but you can get the basic idea of the site...overlook the dead pages and a few formatting issues.

www.BigHurtHOF.com
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    maddux for sure. after that it looks like it will be very close among four or five players. my top three would be maddux, thomas and glavine.

is it possible that jack morris gets the call this year?

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way on Morris. Not on this ballot.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>but thomas did steroids and so did maddux so you are a hypocrite >>

Right, because steroids give a pitcher the capability to hit a fly on the wall with a change up.
  • Options
    Maddux, Glavine, Biggio, and Trammell (gotta pick a wild card) get in.

There was a great article by (I think) Rick Telander in the Sun Times several years ago about the people of Chicago wanting to make Frank Thomas the team leader when he didn't have it in him. So when he said Jackie Robinson didn't mean that much to him it wasn't Frank ripping Jackie. It was just that Frank didn't think beyond the terms of his own game. There's plenty of stories that still circulate around the city about him being a turkey tit. Whether they are true or not, there's little love lost between him and the local writers. I give him an even 60% of the ballot. And he was the best pure hitter I ever saw live.

Maddux absolutely did 'roids. It's just that no one told him about the lifting weights part. HEYOHHHH!

Chicks dig the long ball
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

but thomas did steroids and so did maddux so you are a hypocrite >>

Shouldn't you be scanning the rest of your collection so you can post multiple threads asking for grade opinions? >>

isnt this a grading website ? belongs to psa right ? if you dont like it leave and you are reported to the mods, read the rules.
  • Options

<< <i>

Right, because steroids give a pitcher the capability to hit a fly on the wall with a change up. >>

so why cant clemens be in ? he is as good or better than maddux
  • Options

<< <i>Maddux, Glavine, Biggio, and Trammell (gotta pick a wild card) get in.

There was a great article by (I think) Rick Telander in the Sun Times several years ago about the people of Chicago wanting to make Frank Thomas the team leader when he didn't have it in him. So when he said Jackie Robinson didn't mean that much to him it wasn't Frank ripping Jackie. It was just that Frank didn't think beyond the terms of his own game. There's plenty of stories that still circulate around the city about him being a turkey tit. Whether they are true or not, there's little love lost between him and the local writers. I give him an even 60% of the ballot. And he was the best pure hitter I ever saw live.

Maddux absolutely did 'roids. It's just that no one told him about the lifting weights part. HEYOHHHH!

Chicks dig the long ball >>

roids do not pack on mass, thats a myth
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Right, because steroids give a pitcher the capability to hit a fly on the wall with a change up. >>

so why cant clemens be in ? he is as good or better than maddux >>

1. I was being facetious.
    2. Clemens was not better than Maddux. Marginal baseball fans get hung up on things like strikeouts. The rest of us know what makes a truly good pitcher. Maddux looks up to no one in his era.
  • Options
    I'd agree about Maddux being better then Clemens the only thing in my mind that keeps him outta the top 5 for pitchers is his pedestrian record in the post season. For some reason that regular season dominance evaporated in the playoffs.
  • Options
    DRC

I couldn't agree with you more!
  • Options
    DiMaggio's being left off the first time around is among a long line of HOF voting absurdness. And that was after retirement. As an active player in 1945 HOF voting he got 1 vote. Joe D was still in the service and no guarantees to return, I would like to think however that his first 7 seasons body of work was worth more than one vote. I mean damn that's hardcore. In the case of Yount, I actually think he was/is a HOF'er. So why not elect him first time around. Same for guys like Rice, Dawson, and among those waiting now like Biggio, Bagwell, etc. Are they any better candidates now than they were last year? Was Rice a better candidate in 09 than 06? Did Jim Bunning suddenly become a HOF later? Tony Lazzeri? I like Ted Simmons for the HOF, but, what makes him better now than a decade ago? Or Alan Trammell? All the HOF's have this same problem. Baseball seems to be worse dealing with it however image
  • Options
    Back when the HOF wasn't as full DiMaggio was being compared to Ruth and Cobb now Biggio is being compared to Tinker and Evers and Chance. The Hall's not broken its just watered down. Just an opinion.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A lot of big names making their first appearance on the Hall of Fame Ballot: Greg Maddux, Frank Thomas, and Tom Glavine topping the list. Those inducted on the ballot will be named along with Bobby Cox, Joe Torre, Tony La Russa, Steinbrenner and Marvin Miller. Who is going to make it this year? Will Craig Biggio or Jeff Bagwell get the 75% needed after falling just short last year? Will Jack Morris make it on his last year of eligibility? Will the voters continue to pass by those who have PED implications linked to them?

ESPN-HOF Ballot Announced >>

The names in your 2nd sentence (Larussa, Cox etc.) are voted on separately via the veterans committee. They aren't competing for votes with the players list with Maddux, Thomas etc. etc.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    The two 300 game winners should be locks...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

so why cant clemens be in ? he is as good or better than maddux >>

1. I was being facetious.
    2. Clemens was not better than Maddux. Marginal baseball fans get hung up on things like strikeouts. The rest of us know what makes a truly good pitcher. Maddux looks up to no one in his era. >>

how was Maddux better than Clemens in any capicity ?

stats, Clemens has 354 wins, .658% WP, 3.12 ERA, 118 CG, 4916 IP, 4672 K's and a career 1.17 WHIP. Maddux has 355 wins, .610% WP, 3.16 ERA, 109 CG, 5008.1 IP, 3371 K's and a career 1.14 WHIP

Clemens had a record 7 Cy Young Awards, 11 All Star Selections, 2 World Championships, a AL MVP and a All Star Game MVP Award. Greg had 4 Cy Young Awards, 8 All Star Selections, 1 World Championship and a record 18 Gold Gloves

and post season : Maddux 11-14 on the big stage despite a 3.27 ERA and he pitched 198 innings, with a 1.24 WHIP, 2 CG, 195 hits allowed, 125 K's and a .440% WP. In Greg's final 8 starts in the fall classic his team was 1-7. Roger on the other hand was 12-8 with a 3.75 ERA, 199 IP, with 173 K's, 173 hits, 1 CG and a .600% WP

as I see it you have to be a marginal fan to see that Clemens holds a slight edge other than in fielding skills.

Both great pitchers , both Hall of Famers , If I was going to give anyone a slight edge it would be Clemens.

Roger Clemens Greg Maddux
    Season Games pWins pLosses Win Pct. pWOPA pWORL Games pWins pLosses Win Pct. pWOPA pWORL
    1984 21 7.2 5.5 0.568 1.0 1.5
    1985 15 5.9 4.6 0.561 0.7 1.3
    1986 33 17.2 9.9 0.636 3.9 5.2 6 1.6 2.3 0.415 -0.2 -0.0
    1987 36 18.4 11.9 0.607 3.6 5.1 34 10.2 13.7 0.426 -1.3 -0.0
    1988 35 18.1 12.0 0.600 3.2 4.6 37 17.7 12.7 0.581 3.2 4.7
    1989 35 14.8 12.7 0.538 1.2 2.6 35 15.9 14.2 0.529 1.6 3.0
    1990 31 16.4 8.9 0.649 4.0 5.2 35 15.9 15.0 0.515 1.3 2.8
    1991 35 16.6 11.0 0.601 3.0 4.4 39 15.5 13.6 0.532 1.7 3.2
    1992 32 15.7 10.0 0.612 3.1 4.5 35 17.5 12.3 0.587 3.5 5.0
    1993 29 12.9 12.5 0.508 0.3 1.5 36 18.4 13.3 0.580 3.2 4.8
    1994 24 10.7 7.9 0.575 1.4 2.5 25 14.7 8.2 0.643 3.7 5.0
    1995 23 8.8 6.6 0.573 1.3 2.1 28 16.3 7.6 0.682 5.1 6.4
    1996 34 13.5 11.2 0.548 1.5 2.9 35 16.2 11.8 0.579 3.0 4.5
    1997 34 18.3 9.6 0.657 4.7 6.3 33 14.5 9.2 0.612 3.3 4.7
    1998 33 15.8 9.3 0.631 3.5 4.9 34 17.2 11.9 0.591 3.5 5.0
    1999 30 13.0 12.4 0.512 0.5 1.9 33 16.0 12.9 0.554 2.3 3.8
    2000 32 14.2 12.2 0.538 1.2 2.6 35 17.1 12.6 0.577 3.1 4.7
    2001 33 14.3 9.1 0.612 2.8 4.1 35 16.3 11.8 0.579 3.0 4.6
    2002 29 11.6 9.3 0.556 1.4 2.5 35 13.3 10.6 0.558 2.0 3.2
    2003 33 13.6 11.1 0.551 1.5 2.9 37 13.6 13.7 0.497 0.6 2.2
    2004 33 15.0 10.7 0.584 2.9 4.4 34 14.7 13.1 0.530 1.6 3.2
    2005 32 14.2 9.9 0.588 2.8 4.0 35 12.7 14.8 0.461 -0.3 1.1
    2006 19 7.2 4.8 0.597 1.4 2.1 34 13.4 12.4 0.521 1.2 2.6
    2007 18 6.0 5.6 0.518 0.3 1.0 35 11.9 11.2 0.513 0.9 2.2
    2008 34 10.2 13.9 0.423 -1.2 0.1
    ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------

CAREER RECORDS
    (Regular Season) 709 319.5 228.5 0.583 51.0 79.9 759 330.9 272.9 0.548 44.8 76.7
    ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------

Postseason 35 12.7 11.2 0.530 1.0 2.3 37 13.1 12.2 0.517 1.1 2.5

CAREER RECORDS 744 332.2 239.8 0.581 52.0 82.2 796 344.0 285.1 0.547 45.9 79.2
  • Options
    Maddux did it on his own. You'll get proof of all of this in a few weeks when Maddux is a 95% electee.
  • Options
    How do you know he did? I don't believe it. IMO all professional cheat with ped. Even to this day and going back to the late 60s. Do ped and never make it to the majors or do it and have the ride of a lifetime , no one with the mental competitive needed to be a pro athlete is going to turn away from them. People are seriously nieve to believe so.

In the end no one really cares either way. Just use some scapegoats blame some players from a certain era and that's that. The show must go on. Besides who wants to see 40s 50s style sports today. That would be boring compared to what we are all use to now.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>how was Maddux better than Clemens in any capicity ? >>

In every CAPACITY that I can think of actually. Maddux was a student of the game and always gave it his very best effort, whether it be on the mound or in the batters box. His 18 Gold Gloves are a testament to his hustle on the field, I have never seen any other pitcher make the kinds of plays he did. He also knew that his place in the batting lineup was crucial, I remember many times him running out a bunt with every fiber of his being when most would slowly jog. As for pitching, Clemens didn't have anywhere near as much movement as Maddux, he mainly relied on pure power(which has been called into question). To make a blanket statement such as everyone in sports does PEDs is the most asinine statement that I have ever heard.
  • Options
    DodgerfanjohnDodgerfanjohn Posts: 489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How do you know he did? I don't believe it. IMO all professional cheat with ped. Even to this day and going back to the late 60s. Do ped and never make it to the majors or do it and have the ride of a lifetime , no one with the mental competitive needed to be a pro athlete is going to turn away from them. People are seriously nieve to believe so.

In the end no one really cares either way. Just use some scapegoats blame some players from a certain era and that's that. The show must go on. Besides who wants to see 40s 50s style sports today. That would be boring compared to what we are all use to now. >>

It doesn't matter whether you believe or not. You ask how another poster knows Maddux was clean? How do you know he wasn't. You claim you he did? How do YOU know???

As for no one really caring either way, obviously the people who matter most as it relates to who gets elected care A LOT. >>

Because he didn't throw the ball all that fast? Maddux's ability was movement, not speed. Ie an ability that doesn't require phenominal strength.
  • Options

<< <i>How do you know he did? I don't believe it. IMO all professional cheat with ped. Even to this day and going back to the late 60s. Do ped and never make it to the majors or do it and have the ride of a lifetime , no one with the mental competitive needed to be a pro athlete is going to turn away from them. People are seriously nieve to believe so. >>

Says the guy who lives on the sideline. I coached two current current major leaguers and a dozen minor league players at the high school level. Do I question a couple of them? Sure. But there is zero percent chance on most of them that they use or have used any PED. When you stay until dark sweating with a kid who is trying to nail down his opposite field swing on right-handed sliders and spend hundreds of hours in totality helping a kid become the professional player he is today, you can comment on what they put into their bodies. Until then, how dare you claim that "all professional (sic) cheat" or "no one with the mental competitive needed to be a pro athlete is going to turn away from them". If you are as irresponsible with your words in real life as you are on this topic on this message board, you're either going to get sued or shot.

<< <i>In the end no one really cares either way. Just use some scapegoats blame some players from a certain era and that's that. The show must go on. Besides who wants to see 40s 50s style sports today. That would be boring compared to what we are all use to now. >>

State's exhibit #1 as to the kind of fan you are. It's all about home runs and strikeouts. The ADHD fan of the 21st century. Big hits in NFL games, dunks in NBA games, and home runs in baseball games. Those of us who follow the game on something other than ESPN highlights know that players like Greg Maddux who rely on pure skill are the best players to watch.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    It won't happen but Maddux deserves to get 100%

+ 1

He accomplished everything individually and as a member of a team mate that one could hope to accomplish. I dont ever remember anything negative written about him. He just seemed to be the epitome of the "consummate professional". His overall career stats rival the very best pitchers to ever play the game. He really did not have any weakness, as a player. Even his high 80's low 90's fastball had better movement than mid 90's fastballs from other pitchers. He will be a lock for the 98% club and should threaten the all time vote percentage.
  • Options
    The first wave of the 2014 class looks awesome with Larussa, Torre and Cox all getting 100% votes. Can't wait to see which players will join them but it should be a blockbuster induction class this year in Cooperstown. Trip planning starts today...