Home Precious Metals
Options

Goldman says 1050 gold in 2014....!!

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to hear it from GM. They've been way off with their fortune telling on PM's for the last 4 years. Expect the opposite to happen.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw that this morning. Good news for us longs holding to buy...
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. Then my PCGS-63 Saints will only cost me 'bout $1,250-$1,300. Maybe.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that will be a little high for what it will actually end up in late 2014

Jim

I expect a break thru 1000 by mid 14.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would likely mean $15 silver too. It might coincide with a DOW at 18,000 and the S&P 500 at 2000.

Should be interesting after Yellen cranks up the QE to $100 billion/month to keep the equity bubble inflated....
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok by me. Goldman can tell their muppets anything they want. They may be correct if deflation overwhelms QE.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some strange times ahead..... I still think a sharp rise in PM's is due in the near future... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 ounce of gold at $1250
    1 share GOOG at $1045
    1 share PCLN at $1159
    7 shares of GS for $1190
    -----------------------------

What will be worth more next November ?
  • Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    I'll be buying now and then.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wouldnt mind picking some up at that price as well.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What will be worth more next November ? >>

A job with health coverage.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What will be worth more next November ? >>

A job with health coverage. >>

I'm lucky, so far, in that aspect. My rates don't change for next year so that's a huge plus imo. I feel sorry/angry for those, like my mom, who either get dropped or have their rates double or worse.

Back to the topic, I wouldn't mind seeing $15 silver! Sub $1000 gold would be nice as well.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the 2014 prediction threads will start soon, maybe this is turning out to be the first one.

I tend to agree that gold is likely to trade to 1050, and silver will go below $18, could test $15.

However, "gimmick" silver bullion in clever shapes will continue to be priced (and remain unsold) at $20 and $25 and higher per ounce, and this will be presented as "evidence" of a disconnect between paper and physical.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    a penny difference between paper and physical is evidence of a disconnect.

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Well Goldman is the Gold-Man. Anymore a call on Wall Street is an edict rather than a prediction.

The world of to big to fail is a wonderful place.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1 ounce of gold at $1250
    1 share GOOG at $1045
    1 share PCLN at $1159
    7 shares of GS for $1190
    -----------------------------

What will be worth more next November ? >>

1 Bitcoin? image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>a penny difference between paper and physical is evidence of a disconnect. >>

Obviously there's a disconnect between the per-ounce price of a one gram ingot versus a real order for deliver of a number of qualified 1000 oz. bars, Captain.
    It's called "wholesale" versus "retail" no matter which commodity you're talking about. Only a "nut" would conclude "conspiracy"

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>a penny difference between paper and physical is evidence of a disconnect. >>

Obviously there's a disconnect between the per-ounce price of a one gram ingot versus a real order for deliver of a number of qualified 1000 oz. bars, Captain.
    It's called "wholesale" versus "retail" no matter which commodity you're talking about. Only a "nut" would conclude "conspiracy" >>

Difference in price between physical and paper has nothing to do with conspiracy. It has everything to do with counterparty risk, Lieutenant. Regardless of quantity there is that added surcharge for removal of risk. The more the risk is reduced, the higher the surcharge. This is why ASEs carry more premium than generic bars. Surcharge (premium) may get reduced by purchasing quantity but it will not get removed.