Home Precious Metals
Options

C'mon sub $20 silver....

ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
I'm ready to pull the trigger. Just don't want to be the first guy to buy so the bottom drops out on me!

Anyone else waiting to buy below $20...or lower?
Positive BST Transactions with:
Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be a close call before the coming rally......image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sticking to gold !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holding right now, want to buy just in no rush.
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just taking small bites as it drips down lower and lower.
    It's hard to catch the absolute bottom. Who knows what that the bottom even is anymore.
    I would have to believe there is solid, nearly impenetrable, support at the $15.00 level.
    But should silver get to that level, which I wouldn't entirely rule out as I'm not seeing anything on the horizon that I feel is going to stop the current downward trend, would we not have a situation like in the past were suddenly there was no inventory to purchase?
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm just taking small bites as it drips down lower and lower.
    It's hard to catch the absolute bottom. Who knows what that the bottom even is anymore.
    I would have to believe there is solid, nearly impenetrable, support at the $15.00 level.
    But should silver get to that level, which I wouldn't entirely rule out as I'm not seeing anything on the horizon that I feel is going to stop the current downward trend, would we not have a situation like in the past were suddenly there was no inventory to purchase? >>

There will be silver to purchase. But the premiums would be (somewhat) outrageous.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    i picked up some more today after a long break. slowly building the stack back up.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm ready to pull the trigger. Just don't want to be the first guy to buy so the bottom drops out on me!

Anyone else waiting to buy below $20...or lower? >>

I'm waiting to buy under $15 so go ahead comrade z. Lead the way. image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> There will be silver to purchase. But the premiums would be (somewhat) outrageous. >>

Unlikely...premiums basically have remained unchanged for common silver bars or rounds as silver dropped from $30 to $20. I don't see any difference if silver drops to $15.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    during the crash in silver prices in late 2008, it went under $10/ounce. and there was none to be had for anywhere near that price, unless you wanted to buy a ~ 1,000 oz. industrial-type bar, or wait many months for delivery. I remember being happy when I managed to snag a couple of rolls of 40% Kennedys off ebay near spot back then.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>during the crash in silver prices in late 2008, it went under $10/ounce. and there was none to be had for anywhere near that price, unless you wanted to buy a ~ 1,000 oz. industrial-type bar, or wait many months for delivery. I remember being happy when I managed to snag a couple of rolls of 40% Kennedys off ebay near spot back then. >>

I remember those days. My first large silver purchase was with sub-$10 spot price. I shopped around everywhere for the lowest price. I ended buying three 100 oz bars online at NWTmint for around $2.50 over spot and waited a good 2 months for them to arrive. Alternately, I could have paid about $3 over and gotten them in a couple weeks. I forget what the premiums were on maples/eagles, but it was probably in the $5-6 range.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    What was the mnost recent low, something like right about $18.00? I think that is going to be tested by the end of the week or by next Wed. at the latest.
    There may be a decent holiday bump coming off whatever the new low ends up being, but I think once we get past the Holidays metals are going to tumble considerably. There is already a lot of proudct available and Holiday buying will help hold value up to some degree, but when people are broke after the Holidays and there's still a ton of product to be had, I think that means considerably lower value at that point.
    We wont have too long to wait to see if I'm right or wrong and Baley wont have to go back 3 years to re-post something image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>during the crash in silver prices in late 2008, it went under $10/ounce. and there was none to be had for anywhere near that price, unless you wanted to buy a ~ 1,000 oz. industrial-type bar........ >>

That's pretty much my recollection. I think I must have visited every coin shop / bullion seller that I knew of at the time in a 30 mile radius and found practically nothing. One store had a pretty beat up looking 100 oz. Handy & Harman Bar. I didn't end up buying it as the dealer wanted something like $17 or 18, practically double spot at the time.

We all stack for different reasons and we all manage those stacks differently as well. Since I'm not really one to flip or sell items from my stack I try to do the best I can by dollar cost averaging in small purchases over the course of the year.

I feel I have a decent stack of PM's, but I'm sure it's likely a far cry from some of the bigger stackers on these boards, and so I'm not looking to make a real truck load style purchase.
    I think if I were looking to start, or significantly boost a recently started stack, this would be a really exciting time.

• Options
    $20.05...stay on target...
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    Well, my finger must have been to close to the trigger image , as I now have 150 more Maple's on the way . . . LOL
    (GOT it at $582.03 per roll, which I think was/is a great price !!!)

Blessings

(45 Min. later, the $582.03 is not looking all that good image . . . me bad) But again, I'm in it for the long runnnnnnnnnnnnn.
  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    Got it! 19.83
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Looks like sub 19.00 soon
  • Options
    tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, my finger must have been to close to the trigger image , as I now have 150 more Maple's on the way . . . LOL
    (GOT it at $582.03 per roll, which I think was/is a great price !!!)

Blessings

(45 Min. later, the $582.03 is not looking all that good image . . . me bad) But again, I'm in it for the long runnnnnnnnnnnnn. >>

Well, ya....I just saw your post and wondered why anyone would be buying, especially that much at this time? It seems to me your are wasting your money....

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    id love to see $18 or less.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More taper talk today from the FED minutes. Watch their hands, not their lips. Equities will also react - traders know it is no longer about the actual stock, it is about the perceived flow of money into or out of the stock.

As Michael Pento correctly points out a US FED taper cannot occur without coordinated tapering from the central banks of Europe and Japan. The yen and the euro are 71.2% of what determines strength of the dollar index. Going it alone the FED will feed it's number one fear, deflation, with a soaring dollar. The three central banks will have to taper in unison to keep each of their currencies "stable." What are the odds on the three of them agreeing to anything?

When the reality of no taper sinks in once again, silver (and equities) will reverse course. It's the FED's "dump and pump" program. Take advantage of the opportunity, but wait for a bottom.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Just hold steady for 3 days then it can drop . I would be happy then.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Just hold steady for 3 days then it can drop . I would be happy then

LOL, How many times have I been in that psoition LOL.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
  • Options
    I wish we could pre order monster box of 2014 ASE's with this drop. When will they become available?????

Tom
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon sub $19 silver. . .

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was watching the price on SAEs go down, getting ready to get a roll or two, when I saw the premiums go up a buck. So, sub-$20 may not always equate to lower prices on some bullion items....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>C'mon sub $19 silver. . . >>

Yep, I have lots of silver in my cart and almost pulled the trigger at $19.70. But, I going to hold out for sub $19 and then empty my cart.
    Hoping to see it next week...