Home Precious Metals
Options

Fox news reporting that Israel just bombed a Russian shipment of missles to Syria

Could this shake up the metals market?

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nothing else it should shake up the Russians.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it happened in Syria, it's a no issue, they've done it before. However if it happened in International Waters ... different story.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reuters is reporting that Israel appears to have bombed a Syrian military base to destroy some Russian missiles that may have been bound for Hezbollah in Lebanon. Sounds like the missles had alrady been delivered to Syria, and the Russians are no longer involved.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    If it is not on Drudge..It is non-impacting

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should prove interesting.... perhaps a precursor to the impending attack on Iran...stay tuned...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This should prove interesting.... perhaps a precursor to the impending attack on Iran...stay tuned...Cheers, RickO >>

An attack on Iran would certainly get PM prices moving up if only temporarily assuming things don't escalate out of control.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [eyes wide, wringing hands together, hopping from foot to foot] "Oh, if only!"

right, fellow PM holders? if only there would be a big crisis, we'd be "right" about pms going up..

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An event like this in theory would be a catalyst for temporary higher prices as it's not baked into the price. However, a price increase in an instances like this are usually short lived and should used to exit long positions or perhaps start short ones

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [eyes wide, wringing hands together, hopping from foot to foot] "Oh, if only!"

right, fellow PM holders? if only there would be a big crisis, we'd be "right" about pms going up..

Calm down, Baley. Why are you so eager to be blindsided? The only comments I see are simple speculations about what happens next.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>An event like this in theory would be a catalyst for temporary higher prices as it's not baked into the price. However, a price increase in an instances like this are usually short lived and should used to exit long positions or perhaps start short ones

MJ >>

Israel blew up some missiles in January and also in May. Eventually these events do become priced in, just as this one has.

But wouldnt it be really cool if Iran and China conjured up their own currency and backed it with gold? Oh, how the world would flock to such a safe and secure currency, a sound monetary policy backed by the full faith and military of both countries that would promise to stop the spread of tyranny across the globe.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>But wouldnt it be really cool if Iran and China conjured up their own currency and backed it with gold? >>

getting warm. Actually it's the China-Saudi connection that is laying the groundwork for the dollar's dethroning. With a new protection agreement from China, the official dollar beheading will be marked by an announcement from the Saudis that they now accept many other forms of payment (besides only petro dollars) for their oil. All the Saudis want is protection to continue a dictatorship and payment for oil. They are not restricted to the US or the dollar for that protection or that payment. China sees a vacancy and is unpacking its bags.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>But wouldnt it be really cool if Iran and China conjured up their own currency and backed it with gold? >>

What do you mean by "backed it with gold"? Would you be able to exchange your Chinese paper money on demand for the equivalent amount of gold Panda coins similar to the US before 1933?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

getting warm. Actually it's the China-Saudi connection that is laying the groundwork for the dollar's dethroning. With a new protection agreement from China, the official dollar beheading will be marked by an announcement from the Saudis that they now accept many other forms of payment (besides only petro dollars) for their oil. All the Saudis want is protection to continue a dictatorship and payment for oil. They are not restricted to the US or the dollar for that protection or that payment. China sees a vacancy and is unpacking its bags. >>

Won't it be awesome to see JPM, GS, BAC, C, CS, DB, and the like trading in Yuan?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>Won't it be awesome to see JPM, GS, BAC, C, CS, DB, and the like trading in Yuan? >>

They will trade in whatever lines their pockets. They've already been caught trading in laundered drug cartel money. Besides, as one of them put it they are "doing God's work." Most likely God doesn't have a currency preference.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    You had to look to find this story. A non event. Market yawn.
    Now given the geography...a fuse to a bigger event could always be lit.

Loves me some shiny!