Home Precious Metals
Options

90% Silver Question

erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have the opportunity to buy a roll of Mercury dimes. I have bought dimes from this individual that Ive picked through and found several sliders. Would a roll of Mercury dimes with AU/slider coins mixed in the roll be worth 20x face value with silver at $22/oz? At that level they would have a spot value of about 1.60 each. Id have to assume that they would be common date stuff.

Comments

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Coinflation says:
    "A roll of Mercury dimes has 50 coins and is valued at $79.07 when silver is at $21.86 / ounce.... (or $1.58 each)"

-One could expect to pay some premium above that.
    I'd want generally decent coins or be looking to try other sellers. However specifically nicer coins can cost more when you specifically go after them.

COA
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have the opportunity to buy a roll of Mercury dimes. I have bought dimes from this individual that Ive picked through and found several sliders. Would a roll of Mercury dimes with AU/slider coins mixed in the roll be worth 20x face value with silver at $22/oz? At that level they would have a spot value of about 1.60 each. Id have to assume that they would be common date stuff. >>

20 x face, based on today's spot for common silver coins, is to high. 17 to 18 x face would be the max I'd pay.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    I did a transaction on the BST here and when I received the roll, there were a few extra Mercs in it (I was surprised and appreciative since I had the same concern). When I contacted the seller he said he put them in there to cover the worn out coins... I don't recall any sliders in the roll. Great transaction.

Ray
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    20X face is high considering the condition is unknown...... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    I would take a shot and buy them.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sold two rolls today at 1.60 each (per coin), and there were plenty of nicer ones in there.