Home Precious Metals

New $100 bills released today.

It took so long that they are now worth $94.
The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It took so long that they are now worth $94. >>

deflation - in value

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭
    I'll buy every one you can get for $94. Wonder if the bank will let me do this? image
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

This would be funny... if it weren't true image
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Compared to 1928, when the first small size notes were released, $100 is now worth $7.31.

And that's the number from the "official" consumer price index, in real life $100 is worth even less.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any pictures?? Didn't they lose the plates or a bunch of bills a few months ago?? Something happened that delayed issue....Cheers, RickO
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,915 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any pictures?? Didn't they lose the plates or a bunch of bills a few months ago?? Something happened that delayed issue....Cheers, RickO >>

They didn't lose the plates but a bunch were misprinted and had to be destroyed.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Any pictures?? Didn't they lose the plates or a bunch of bills a few months ago?? Something happened that delayed issue....Cheers, RickO >>

There was some 'folding' issues early on then not too long ago the Fed got a shipment from Fort Worth that had some printing error notes mixed in with good notes and they sent the whole batch back.

I think there was a picture of the new note in USA Today or CNN on Monday.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got back from my bank..........................*&%%$^$#.............no new $100's.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got back from my bank..........................*&%%$^$#.............no new $100's.

bobimage >>

same here. I'm surprised that the "Moneyfactorystore" does not have any $100 star notes or even regular $100 notes in their pipeline.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just got back from my bank..........................*&%%$^$#.............no new $100's.

bobimage >>

same here. I'm surprised that the "Moneyfactorystore" does not have any $100 star notes or even regular $100 notes in their pipeline.image >>

The BEP drivers are deemed non-essential so there's no one to transport these Bennies?
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

bobimage >>

same here. I'm surprised that the "Moneyfactorystore" does not have any $100 star notes or even regular $100 notes in their pipeline.image >>

The BEP drivers are deemed non-essential so there's no one to transport these Bennies? >>

The Fed Reserve, BEP & US Mint are not directly funded with "Taxpayers" money. As such are not involved in the shutdown.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    branches in 'yer backyard

it may take a week or two

for a second I thought derryb had one with "missing edge lettering"image
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just went to a local paper money club meeting this evening and one guy tracked down a local bank that got in 2 packs of the new notes, he only got one though. Was cool to see it in person image