Home Precious Metals

Man it gets quiet here

When the market is down! Just an observation. Me, I am loving some of the deals. If market goes down more, there will be more deals! image

Comments

• gold sub 1k, make it happen jpm image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I have much metal from long ago, this market is NOT down.....image Cheers, RickO
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you keep good records and invest somewhat regularly over a length of time, you will accumulate a collection of assets that can be managed for minimum tax effect. In the high tax rate environment that is surely coming, being able to generate capital while offsetting gains vs. losses - is paramount.

Eventually, your good stuff will get taxed, but with decent capital management you will be able to pick and choose the time and place of that tax event. And maybe find ways around it.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean "quiet"? One can hear all kinds of yawning, finger drumming, thumb twiddling, sighing, and even, if you listen closely, the occasional eyeroll

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chirp

to add - I like it down, buying opportunities.
  • s4nys4ny Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Too low to sell, too high to buy = quiet...
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    If you don't have anything good to say, you know the rest.

There's a reason it's quiet here, i'll leave it at that and hope to not get banned for just saying that image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What do you mean "quiet"? One can hear all kinds of yawning, finger drumming, thumb twiddling, sighing, and even, if you listen closely, the occasional eyeroll >>

You forgot crickets.
  • Obviously the market is range bound and only gets people excited when the range is broken up or down.

will it stay this way forever? I highly doubt it but then again I am only a small fish in a big pond hoping not to get eaten by the big fish.image

• << <i>but then again I am only a small fish in a big pond hoping not to get eaten by the big fish.image >>

I am the moss that grows on a rock at the edge of the pond. I didnt even make it to fish status! image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Obviously the market is range bound and only gets people excited when the range is broken up or down.

will it stay this way forever? I highly doubt it but then again I am only a small fish in a big pond hoping not to get eaten by the big fish.image >>

Best recent quote....and I fully agree. We need for the "Bear" to go into hibernation and hope it will be an extended one before he wakes again.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be there's too much non-PM related drama

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "Man it gets quiet here"

Not to worry. We are still here watching, waiting. It is good to take a break every now and then while leviathan forces well beyond our control work their magic. We're just stackers and players, not makers.

Meanwhile, we're still here, watching, waiting. The peculiar habit of folks waiting for metal to get hot before they buy is so contrarian. The time to buy a little metal is when nobody is paying attention.