Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I'm a bit surprised no one is talking about this here

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link this particular thread from net54 so ill just ask everyone.

Has anyone seen the mess on the other side of the river? Card bumping, altering allegations, some guy named Joe Pa, selling with probstein, response from the accused, etc....

Reserving my opinions still but it all seems a bit crazy no?

Comments

• Options
    No clue what you are talking about
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a member there but did read the thread the past few days through 16 pages or so.

There have been a multitude of examples over the past year that were posted on this board. Same suspects.

I see there is a new thread The Response. I will have to check that one out too.

• Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Has someone posted a Cliffs Notes version? The first post (if I understand what you are referring to) referenced three posts, a couple of which were dozens of pages long themselves. There was also a lot of conjecture and few facts it seemed.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭
    It's what goes on with all the big eBay consignors.
  • Options
    Link?
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    That's the one...

I read "the response" today as well. Interesting to say the least
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    In general, I think the main topics discussed in these Net54 threads have been discussed here:

- Grading inconsistencies? Check.
    - Perceived preferential treatment/grades? Check.
    - Rampant shilling on consigned items on eBay (specifically on Probstein's listings)? Check.

Of course these are typically discussed separately, whereas the blow up on Net54 involves all of them simultaneously.

Thanks for calling this thread out, Baez, it makes for an interesting read and I would have likely missed it had you not posted here as I don't check Net54 all that regularly.

Snorto~
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I can't find that damn thread across the street.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe any discussion about that thread will last long here to begin with..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Me neither - Link please.
  • Options
    Is it the same Joe pa who was trying to buy a mid grade 57 mantle on this board for a dollar and a dream?
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I guess I am confused on how if Probstien had the Shell and Havlicheck cards for sale once in the lower grade how was able to get them back, re-graded and re-sell them??

Ok, reread and now it makes better sence to me.