Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official 2013 BBCE PSA Group Break #4.......LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    if there is a 2nd box of 1975 I would like a couple packs of those also I didn't get in on the first batch and I would also be up for the 1982 donruss wax box from a case...only if available ty
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, since it's unclear how requests for product not yet available will be handled, I'll put my request in for two 75 mini packs and an 82 Donruss case fresh wax box.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we are making reservations for new product now, please put me down for a case fresh 82 D wax box also. Thanks again, Mark!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like one 1982 Donruss box as well. Thanks!
    Daniel
  • Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    While I think that no reserving of new product should count after the posting of possible product until it is listed for sure, since it is not clear how this will be handled I will go ahead and say I would be interested in
    1 box 82 donruss
    1 box 85 fleer
    And 2 packs from each of the fleet cello boxes .
    But as I said earlier I think none of these requests for the new product since the posting of possible new product should be allowed anyway so if I need to try again when you are sure what we will have available that is good with me.
    But you might want to go ahead and say how you want to handle people saying what they want from the new stuff since it isn't clear.

Jim
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Nothing here...
  • Options
    Mark's post clearly states that additional boxes in original offering are not available to repeat reservists until 9 tonight.
    I'd like additionals as well but shouldn't we give Cincy a chance to organize as he always does? Plus give others their chance?
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mark's post clearly states that additional boxes in original offering are not available to repeat reservists until 9 tonight.
    I'd like additional as well but shouldn't we give Cincy a chance to organize as he always does? Plus give others their chance? >>

Absolutely! And I have no expectation of the pre-request being accepted. I doubt anyone does. But the new stuff just says "open", so I played it safe with a post that is also asking about the rules. My expectation is that we will see another glorious mad rush of posts at 6pm someday this week and I'm looking forward to it. But we are all thankful for whatever Mark comes up with.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    Mark,
    I feel for you here buddy. Hope Steve gets back to you soon on reserving some more stuff for all of us. Obviously, we're chomping at the bit and I know you're caught in the middle. I'm sure you'll sort it out or come up with something that's fair for everybody. I think we all need to be patient and wait to you find out if you've been able to get a little more for us and how you want to do it.

Best of luck,
    Doug
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Options

<< <i>Mark's post clearly states that additional boxes in original offering are not available to repeat reservists until 9 tonight.
    I'd like additionals as well but shouldn't we give Cincy a chance to organize as he always does? Plus give others their chance? >>

I agree with you on that and I did not request any of those items before. As I said I am sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place as I don't think we should be able to put in requests for the new box stuff until he says its a go but then I see people saying they would be interested in certain items. So should I wait like I think I should or should I go ahead and put something in the thread in case he does allow those requests to count. I decided to do it as a precaution even if I don't think it should be allowed. Whatever he decides to do works wit me and I appreciate the effort he puts in on this it's just something that might need to be put in the rules in the future so it's clear what we should do and when.

Jim
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    I'm also fairly certain that the new items will be posted as usual at 9 pm EST but I saw some other people posting here so in case I missed something, I figured I'd play it safe. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    1all1all Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mark,
    I feel for you here buddy.

Best of luck,
    Doug >>

Yea, I couldn't agree with you more, Doug. This thread is officially a Cluster-F with people reserving items that haven't even been confirmed available. My recommendation to Mark is to start a new thread when the additional items are confirmed by Steve. Call it Group Break 4a or something like that. He can start it at 9pm tonight (or whenever) and he can even move the non-"sold out" items over to the new thread. That way this thread can be closed.

Doug (1all)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Mark,
    I feel for you here buddy.

Best of luck,
    Doug >>

Yea, I couldn't agree with you more, Doug. This thread is officially a Cluster-F with people reserving items that haven't even been confirmed available. My recommendation to Mark is to start a new thread when the additional items are confirmed by Steve. Call it Group Break 4a or something like that. He can start it at 9pm tonight (or whenever) and he can even move the non-"sold out" items over to the new thread. That way this thread can be closed.

Doug (1all) >>

The issue here though (as I understand it at least and Mark has confirmed) is that if a box becomes available like the 75 mini box which had sold out, that priority will be given to those who posted for packs but were shut out. I think it will be easier for Mark to keep everything on one thread and just update as usual at 9 pm with any additional boxes/cases at that time.

• Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Well, well, well, I am MIA from the boards for 12 hours and it is has went to hell in a hand basket.......LOL.

Here is the plan:

-Steve has given me the OK to add the additional boxes.

-I will update THIS thread tonight with the new boxes. I will TRY and do it by 9:00 PM EST but just found out I have to go out to dinner for work so it may be a touch later. BTW, I was riduculed at the National for the only person on earth that still has a "flip phone" so I won't be able to give an update till I get home.

-For 2nd boxes we are adding, priority goes to the guys that tried to reserve packs BEFORE I stated I was trying to add new boxes. So let's say someone had tried to reserve packs while I was updating and missed out. I will honor their reservations. At 9:00 PM EST (or when I can get the thread updated), anyone can reserve the limit on packs.

-For new boxes/cases, anyone can reserve the limit when I get the thread updated.

I will not accept ANY reservations that has been posted for the items I am adding tonight (after I announced I was adding the new boxes).

Please note that I am trying to be as FAIR as I can with the break. It may take me some time to get the slots updated as I have to go back and do some research to see who missed out from Saturday night.

Hopefully this is clear enough. If not, just shoot me a PM.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Mark. Enjoy dinner.
  • Options
    I agree that is the best way to do it. You are on top of this break as always.

Jim
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    I haven't been on the boards lately and see there's a group break. I see the update and I will only request these items that still appear to be available.
    I would like a couple packs of the '75 Minis, but it doesn't look like I can reserve that just yet image

2-1984 Topps Baseball Rack Box (24 Packs) $100 w/discount $90 or $3.75 per rack
    2-1985 Topps Baseball Rack Case (72 Racks) $475 w/discount $428 or $5.94 per rack
    1-1989 Score Football Wax Box (36 Packs) $300 w/discount $270 or $7.50 per pack

Thank you.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Mark. Nothing wrong with a flip phone!

Grote, stop breaking the rules you rebel rouser.
    P.S. Grote, I'm home tonight. Lets see who's trigger finger is faster!

aconte
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Mark. Agree that's the best way too. No way to please everyone doing this but you do a great job
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Mark. Nothing wrong with a flip phone!

Grote, stop breaking the rules you rebel rouser.
    P.S. Grote, I'm home tonight. Lets see who's trigger finger is faster!

aconte >>

Breaking the rules? Lol, isn't the rule 2 packs per 48 hours? image

• Options
    Guys - sorry if I came off a tad gruff but was primarily concerned with Cincy getting jammed (and a little worried on my added 75s image)

• Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I'm just busting chops Grote. Wanted to get in my comments before Maurice.

lol....

aconte
  • Options
    Your not alone Mark I also still use a flip phone.image
  • Options

<< <i>I'm just busting chops Grote. Wanted to get in my comments before Maurice.

lol....

aconte >>

I know, Tony, lol...us unopened collectors are used to lots of ribbing anyway, image

• Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    I also still have a flip phone and love it. The hell with one of those smart phones.

I'd like to add

2-1985 baseball racks please
  • Options
    nvm
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    I'm only hoping that we sell out at least 1 of the basketball boxes. Maybe after the 48hr mark those who reserved their 2 will reserve more. I'd love to reserve 2 75/76 Basketball packs, BUT I think it's too much for my wallet. I want to keep at least 1 pack of each product that I get since I don't have any vintage packs in my collection. Because of that, I'm not reserving any 75 packs. BTW, this is my first vintage pack rip. Matter of fact I have never ripped anything pre-1990.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>P.S. Grote, I'm home tonight. Lets see who's trigger finger is faster!

aconte >>

I have the fastest unopened trigger around town. Take a look at page 1 if you doubt me. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Mike, Is 2nd the new first? Congrats to the Spurs and 49ers. : )
  • Options
  • Options
    I could be wrong, but I think you are a couple of hours early.
  • Options

<< <i>It's been 48hrs since the initial post. I'll take 2 more of each:

1978/79 Topps Basketball pack
    1979/80 Topps Basketball pack >>

48 hours is at 9 but I don't think you will have a problem getting those packs

Jim
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    Tibbs4Tibbs4 Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Just a thought, since the 75 minis seem to be the highest in demand could it be limited to one pack to spread.
  • Options
    Tibbs4Tibbs4 Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Sorry I hit enter too quickly. I meant to say spread things out amongst everyone.
  • Options

<< <i>48 hours is at 9 but I don't think you will have a problem getting those packs

Jim >>

Ah, turns out I had my time wrong on my profile. It was set to central time, but the manual adjustment set it back a couple hrs. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>Mike, Is 2nd the new first? Congrats to the Spurs and 49ers. : ) >>

I said unopened trigger, jwgators is a ripper. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭
    Please add for me (if still available from 1st boxes)

2x '85 topps bball racks
    1x '89 score fball pack
    2x '78 bkball packs
    2x '79 bkball packs

Thanks a lot!
  • Options
  • Options
    2 75 wax and 1 donruss box

• Options
    2 1975 wax packs and 1 1982 donruss box
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    Not yet, LOL.

Collecting:
  • Options
    2 1975 Mini Packs if available and 1 1982 Donruss Box
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    Have to wait until the thread is updated
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Not yet, LOL. >>

I keep responding to these other guys. Need to wait for mark....
  • Options

<< <i>Have to wait until the thread is updated >>

The voice of reason. image

Collecting:
  • Options
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Not yet, LOL. >>

I keep responding to these other guys. Need to wait for mark.... >>

Me too

Joe