Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Braves no longer WS contenders

Thanks Jon Niese. Dickhead.
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks Jon Niese. Dickhead. >>

Ouch !!!

Next time let us know how you really feel ----- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    the same heyward that is batting .250?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    i hear ya
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Heyward was killing it in the 2nd half. Big loss.

His defense has been impressive as well.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the same heyward that is batting .250? >>

He started out the season very slow, but has been on fire for 2 months. Multi-hits in 8 of last 11. He along with Freddie Freeman and Chris Johnson have carried them post the AS break since they took a small division lead and turned it into what it is today. Without Heyward in the lineup, its a very very different ballclub.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's baseball Susan. - John Sterling
  • Options
    CounselorCounselor Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭
    He's having surgery tomorrow, hopefully all goes well and he is back for NLDS
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    What did you expect from that minor league team...................always has been a bush league team. Remember when Piazza got all bent out of shape when the bat slipped from Clemens hands. Total accident and Piazza honestly thought Clemens was throwing at him. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Sucks for Heyward and the Braves. I have a feeling they will still do well. Unlike the Yankees, the Braves have built that team through the draft and logical FA signings.

Figure that will get Tim and Mike in a lather. image

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    Just unfortunate. The whole city has been whispering What If? for several weeks now. Things were starting to percolate.....

Also, I had just started to semi-respect the Mets. I really like their manager alot. I like that they are actually developing their own minor league players now instead of just spending money foolishly on the biggest free agents every year and then watching them flop (what they did throughout the 00's). But alas....the Mets have accidentaly taken out both Jason Heyward and Tim Hudson this summer. Our best pitcher and our 2nd best offensive player. And for that I hate them.

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just unfortunate. The whole city has been whispering What If? for several weeks now. Things were starting to percolate.....

Also, I had just started to semi-respect the Mets. I really like their manager alot. I like that they are actually developing their own minor league players now instead of just spending money foolishly on the biggest free agents every year and then watching them flop (what they did throughout the 00's). But alas....the Mets have accidentaly taken out both Jason Heyward and Tim Hudson this summer. Our best pitcher and our 2nd best offensive player. And for that I hate them. >>

Tim Hudson was your best pitcher??? He was 8-7 with a 4.00 ERA. I think Minor and Teheran would vehemently disagree... Besides, you wouldn't have had room to add Alex Wood or Brandon Beachy. Perhaps a blessing in disguise.
  • Options
    I was at work and missed the game but was it intentional? I don't peg Niese as that kind of pitcher.

What did you expect from that minor league team...................always has been a bush league team. Remember when Piazza got all bent out of shape when the bat slipped from Clemens hands. Total accident and Piazza honestly thought Clemens was throwing at him

LOL, that bat slipped out of his hands like that pitch that slipped out of his hand and landed on Piazza's helmet...still think Mike should have charged the mound in that Series. Might have changed the entire complexion of that World Series.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    OK Scott, you caught me exaggerating.

• Options

<< <i>I was at work and missed the game but was it intentional? I don't peg Niese as that kind of pitcher. >>

Nah, it definitely was NOT intentional. Just got away from him.

• Options

<< <i>I was at work and missed the game but was it intentional? I don't peg Niese as that kind of pitcher.

What did you expect from that minor league team...................always has been a bush league team. Remember when Piazza got all bent out of shape when the bat slipped from Clemens hands. Total accident and Piazza honestly thought Clemens was throwing at him

LOL, that bat slipped out of his hands like that pitch that slipped out of his hand and landed on Piazza's helmet...still think Mike should have charged the mound in that Series. Might have changed the entire complexion of that World Series. >>

Piazza was always known as a guy that stuck his head to close to the plate. Was bound to happen. image
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I was at work and missed the game but was it intentional? I don't peg Niese as that kind of pitcher.

LOL, that bat slipped out of his hands like that pitch that slipped out of his hand and landed on Piazza's helmet...still think Mike should have charged the mound in that Series. Might have changed the entire complexion of that World Series. >>

Piazza was always known as a guy that stuck his head to close to the plate. Was bound to happen. image >>

The .700 career batting average he had vs Clemens coming into that game may have played a role, too, lol..

Well, I suppose it could be worse. Our manager could have been placing bets from the bullpen phone..

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I suppose it could be worse. Our manager could have been placing bets from the bullpen phone.. >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Edited to add: I am sorry Niese let one get away. Reminds me of when Cain hit Wright. Hope Heyward is o.k. and not out long.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I suppose it could be worse. Our manager could have been placing bets from the bullpen phone..

Ouch!image
  • Options

<< <i>Might have changed the entire complexion of that World Series. >>

Nah! The Series was a fait accompli much earlier!

Good Times!
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    At least you have the falcons to go all the way, oh wait never mind.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    The playoffs start almost exactly 6 weeks from today. That's the outer edge of his recovery time. I will be very surprised if he's not ready to go a little sooner than that.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Piazza was always known as a guy that stuck his head to close to the plate. Was bound to happen. image >>

The .700 career batting average he had vs Clemens coming into that game may have played a role, too, lol..

Well, I suppose it could be worse. Our manager could have been placing bets from the bullpen phone.. >>

Damn, that betting thing is like a bad penny. It just keeps turning up. LOL. Nice one Tim.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    Braves are still in good position to do damage in the post season....and there's a good chance he will be back during post season. I wouldn't worry
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    How bad-ass is Heyward?

When Dave Parker broke his jaw in the middle of his MVP season, he found a creative solution...

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to write off anyone. Every team has holes. My team (Pirates) have little offense and have had to mix and match pitchers all year after losing Jason Grilli, AJ Burnett, Wandy Rodriquez and James McDonald for extended periods of time. That's 3/5 of the opening day pitching rotation as well as our closer. I can't say I pitty the Braves as every team goes through this. I just hope Hayward has a quick recovery with no long term impact to his health.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Beachy to visit Dr. Andrews...maybe it is starting the downward spiral for the Braves.
  • Options
    Hey Braves...thanks for showing up in the series against the Cardinals. Another early exit in the playoffs seems inevitable.
  • Options
    Classy.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Braves...thanks for showing up in the series against the Cardinals. Another early exit in the playoffs seems inevitable. >>

I wouldn't expect anything different from a Pirates fan. Must still hurt seeing Sid chug around 3rd while Barry Bonds' ridiculously lame throw from left barely made it to the infield dirt before bouncing. Hey, when was the last time you guys won a WS anyway?

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey Braves...thanks for showing up in the series against the Cardinals. Another early exit in the playoffs seems inevitable. >>

I wouldn't expect anything different from a Pirates fan. Must still hurt seeing Sid chug around 3rd while Barry Bonds' ridiculously lame throw from left barely made it to the infield dirt before bouncing. Hey, when was the last time you guys won a WS anyway? >>

The only thing that would of bailed out Barry Bonds lofting that ball from the outfield, was if Sid Bream's wheel chair had broken a tire.
  • Options

<< <i>

I wouldn't expect anything different from a Pirates fan. Must still hurt seeing Sid chug around 3rd while Barry Bonds' ridiculously lame throw from left barely made it to the infield dirt before bouncing. Hey, when was the last time you guys won a WS anyway? >>

Amazingly, the Braves and Pirates each have (1) WS title in the last 34 years, despite the Braves making the playoffs roughly 20 times in that time frame.
  • Options
    So...sucking for 20 years is better than being a yearly contender? I learn the coolest things here.

Incidentally,

Saturday's game:

Lincecums 6 Pirates 3

Sunday's affair:

Giants 4 Buccos 0

Physician, heal thyself.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "I wouldn't expect anything different from a Pirates fan. Must still hurt seeing Sid chug around 3rd while Barry Bonds' ridiculously lame throw from left barely made it to the infield dirt before bouncing. Hey, when was the last time you guys won a WS anyway? "

Actually the throw wasn't a bad throw. Just a little late. I'm sure everyone has heard Van Slyke tell his story of him trying to tell Bonds to move in a few steps just before Cabrera's hit. Bond's responded by giving Van Slyke the bird.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    Karma for standing at the top of the dugout clapping like a doucher after Upton got beaned.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Pirates or Braves, I don't care, just crush the Dodgers.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25