Options
ATM sign of inflation?
I go to my local bank every few weeks and take out $300 from the ATM to carry me and the wife over for the next few weeks.
Today for the first time ever....it spits out four $50 dollar bills and five $20s!
Maybe inflation is here!
Today for the first time ever....it spits out four $50 dollar bills and five $20s!
Maybe inflation is here!
Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
0
Comments
<< <i>I go to my local bank every few weeks and take out $300 from the ATM to carry me and the wife over for the next few weeks.
Today for the first time ever....it spits out four $50 dollar bills and five $20s!
Maybe inflation is here! >>
Bank's getting rid of them while they can
"Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong
<< <i>I will NOT use a $50 bill! >>
For what reason?
The ones they get from the bank are brand new!
<< <i>back in the 1990s,I was a Maine telephone lineman suddenly sent to Boston after hurricane Gloria to repair storm damage.I had 2 $50 bills in my wallet and no one would touch them(not even the hotel we stayed in) worked 15 hour days and nearly starved
I don't want anything larger that $20 bills. Too many businesses won't take the larger bills because of the fear of getting stuck with a counterfeit.
Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire
I knew it would happen.
<< <i>I've been using $50s, but I really try to avoid using $100s. >>
Never ever had a problem with either $50s or $100s. In fact a number of years ago it was stated that $50s and $100s were popular because $20s were too small to buy a lot of things. It takes more than a $50 to even fill most cars with gas these days. A lot of places don't care for them, because they suck up too much change.
<< <i>
<< <i>I go to my local bank every few weeks and take out $300 from the ATM to carry me and the wife over for the next few weeks.
Today for the first time ever....it spits out four $50 dollar bills and five $20s!
Maybe inflation is here! >>
Bank's getting rid of them while they can >>
For what reason?
<< <i>I use fifties and hundreds frequently....never had a problem. Although I have noticed some small shops have signs posted that they will not take them. Cheers, RickO >>
Likewise...
I don't patronage those small mom & pop shops that are behind the curve by not accepting larger bills and in most cases, they don't communicate in English that I can understand.
<< <i>
<< <i>I use fifties and hundreds frequently....never had a problem. Although I have noticed some small shops have signs posted that they will not take them. Cheers, RickO >>
Likewise...
I don't patronage those small mom & pop shops that are behind the curve by not accepting larger bills and in most cases, they don't communicate in English that I can understand. >>
That means that they have to keep a lot of extra change when people pay for $10 worth of stuff with big bills. Also means that they lose more in a robbery and are also more likely to get robbed. Because of reward points, I use a credit card as much as I can.
<< <i>I will NOT use a $50 bill! >>
id rather use a 50 then a 100. more and more places wont take them
Knowledge is the enemy of fear
<< <i>I keep a few hundred dollars in small bills ($20 and under) in my wallet and a few hundred dollars worth of $50's in my back pocket for walking around money. >>
Good to know, Capt! Remind me to "bump" into you someday
<< <i>I will NOT use a $50 bill! >>
I'll take them off your hands, anytime
<< <i>Everytime we have guests from Italy I ask them for their bills and give the $20's in return.
The ones they get from the bank are brand new! >>
Trading a couple $20's in return for a crisp $50 sounds like a great deal to me!
Amat Colligendo Focum
Top 10 • FOR SALE
I'm going with "less bills in the register." How many times have you walked into a store and the sign in the window warns "manager never has more than $20" to deter crime ...
Amat Colligendo Focum
Top 10 • FOR SALE
"Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong
<< <i>don't the newer large bills have something in them that can be detected when carried in large quantites? Maybe just a conspiracy theory and we all know I don't believe in those. >>
They sure do...it's normally referred to as a bulging front pocket or fat stomach
<< <i>They sure do...it's normally referred to as a bulging front pocket or fat stomach
Funny I always thought that was the guys who carry a hundred Washingtons in place of large bills ...
Amat Colligendo Focum
Top 10 • FOR SALE