Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just got these beauties back from PSA! Good grades or undergraded??

I thought these cards were a full grade undergraded. I was hoping for some second opinions....

Comments

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    post some bigger scans...hard to tell...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

• Options
    Dust removal closed up the lettering. Also, cards look better in hand than a blown up scan...

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Lots of very soft/worn corners and edges make the grades appropriate but the cards present really well nonetheless. Batch to be proud of for sure, classics all!
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Cards look real nice for the grades given. I think maybe slightly undergraded but I would still be happy with them. Maybe try sending them to bvg.
  • Options

<< <i>Lots of very soft/worn corners and edges make the grades appropriate but the cards present really well nonetheless. Batch to be proud of for sure, classics all! >>

Agreed...seem like technically fair grades, but (if you're selling) I'll bet you get a premium for most of those examples.

Brad
    Always looking for vintage White Sox cards at reasonable prices.
  • Options
    Here is another one. The 1.5 is mine. I am sorry, but comparing it to the '2' that just popped up on Ebay, I don't see the '1.5' as being the inferior card in this instance!

• Options
    sportscardstopsportscardstop Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Maybe the Robinson is a 2 instead of a 1.5, and the first Koufax is a 4 instead of a 3.5. But the other 3 look about right to me.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think all the grades are pretty fair. I could see the kaline in a 5 holder though. And that Robinson is the same as my clemente rookie. I have a 1.5 clemente but it looks much better than a bunch of 3s or even some 4s i see. I guess thats just how it goes.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    The 1.5 should be in the 2 holder and the 1.5 should be in the 2 holder, but at the end of the day is the difference between a 1.5 and a 2 really translate to higher prices?
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Why grade right the first time if you are going to re-sub anyway?
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    You selling the 54 mays psa 4.5?
    I collect vintage PSA graded SF Giants, Willie Mays, McCovey, Cepeda, Marichal and Perry. And modern players like Buster Posey, Will Clark and Barry Bonds.

youtube acct
  • Options
    Yes. It is on the bay as we speak. 99 cent opener.

Whoever said anything about cracking and resub. I detest that game and only play it if I think the grade is off by more than one full grade. I don't think any of these are off by MORE than one full grade. Some could go one grade if I play the game.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards! That Robinson grade is a but harsh
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    if they deducted a half for each wrinkle, Bobby's would be a negative 3.
  • Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    Great looking cards. I have noticed my recent submissions seem to be graded more conservatively also.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options

<< <i>if they deducted a half for each wrinkle, Bobby's would be a negative 3 >>

True...but how would you grade the PSA 2 that the 1.5 looks better than?!?!?
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>if they deducted a half for each wrinkle, Bobby's would be a negative 3 >>

True...but how would you grade the PSA 2 that the 1.5 looks better than?!?!? >>

honestly, i could barely tell there was a baseball player beneath all that surface carf. image
  • Options
    I think all grades are right on except the second Jackie (PSA 2) is OVER graded!!