Home Precious Metals
Options

Who will be the first to sell ASEs below $20?

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
I'm thinking that's when I will start adding to the stack.

Comments

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    When Ag will hit $16 you may be able to see sub-$20 prices...
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    I'll sell you half of one for $20......I've got about that in some that I bought a couple years ago.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Looks like Texas Precious Metals has them the cheapest at $22.75 (For up to 99 before the cost is reduced)
  • Options

<< <i>I'll sell you half of one for $20......I've got about that in some that I bought a couple years ago. >>

I'm with ya bro...lol.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like Texas Precious Metals has them the cheapest at $22.75 (For up to 99 before the cost is reduced) >>

Goldmart is cheaper.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like Texas Precious Metals has them the cheapest at $22.75 (For up to 99 before the cost is reduced) >>

Goldmart is cheaper. >>

$22.10 at Goldmart
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>compare here >>

That's the site I used, GM is still not listed as the best price.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>compare here >>

That's the site I used, GM is still not listed as the best price. >>

Your site appears to be prices for Monster Boxes & not individual coins..

below is the GM link

ASE price at GM
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    From recent history, perhaps we will see ASE's under $20 by year end. I remember when gold hit 1400 and saying it could go to either 1600 or 1200, but my inclination was not towards the higher end. It's all a big guess and I would NEVER play the silver market as it is way too manipulated, but I am thinking stabilization of gold at 900 and silver at 15. That is roughly 60 times, also the ratio I expect.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great fun watching the current PM market....speculation abounds.... gut feel - mine that is - says PM's will be back up before year's end.... (yep, that was speculation)...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When Ag will hit $16 you may be able to see sub-$20 prices... >>

i agree, providing it gets there. who knows, it might get to $12 again.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone here use the PM forum to decide when to pull the trigger? What other sources do you use in determining when to strike? Charts? Favorite PM contributor?

EDIT: JM Bullion has decent pricing, have had no issues.
    JM Bullion
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>compare here >>

That's the site I used, GM is still not listed as the best price. >>

Your site appears to be prices for Monster Boxes & not individual coins..

below is the GM link

ASE price at GM >>

Click on the go to store link to get pricing for other quantities.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Whoever it is.. I am sure it will be APMEX sending the first email about it!
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought one SAE for $15 today. I told the lady to go get a job. Then I gave her a hug. She called me about an hour later and said, "Joe, I don't know what happened today, but what you said and what you did changed me and I want to thank you. I went and found a job today and want you to know you have a friend for life". image

Of course, let me add... I had an extra twenty I gave her when she was leaving. Her husband passed away about a month ago, and my heart went out to her.
    I did not find this out until the interview session that takes place as I write down their personal information for my records. This is SOP for the shop. But in reality, I don't owe anyone "SPOT" prices when they're selling in this environment. If it drops to 17, I will not pay 17 for it. Who needs silver ?

I gave her some encouraging words during that hug, but I will refrain from expressing them here.

It's dated 2001. The same year my divorce was finalized. However, since you served the U.S. Military I would sell it to you for $19.99

Today only !

In gratitude for your service to our great nation.
  • Options

<< <i>I bought one SAE for $15 today. I told the lady to go get a job. Then I gave her a hug. She called me about an hour later and said, "Joe, I don't know what happened today, but what you said and what you did changed me and I want to thank you. I went and found a job today and want you to know you have a friend for life". image

Of course, let me add... I had an extra twenty I gave her when she was leaving. Her husband passed away about a month ago, and my heart went out to her.
    I did not find this out until the interview session that takes place as I write down their personal information for my records. This is SOP for the shop. But in reality, I don't owe anyone "SPOT" prices when they're selling in this environment. If it drops to 17, I will not pay 17 for it. Who needs silver ?

I gave her some encouraging words during that hug, but I will refrain from expressing them here.

It's dated 2001. The same year my divorce was finalized. However, since you served the U.S. Military I would sell it to you for $19.99

Today only !

In gratitude for your service to our great nation. >>

I appreciate the offer but will pass at this time, the precious metals coffer is empty this week (This month).

• Options
    RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608

<< <i>Does anyone here use the PM forum to decide when to pull the trigger? What other sources do you use in determining when to strike? Charts? Favorite PM contributor?

>>

Yes, the forum can be useful as a sentiment indicator at market turns. A person has to factor in that it is a precious metals forum, so about 80% are always bullish here. Those that are no longer bullish they tend to leave. That said, if some forum perma-bull sells, that is a sign of capitulation and a buy signal. Anger at declines, often means more pain coming. Finger pointing at manipulation, same thing, more pain coming. When people are glibly buying the dips, that is kind of normal market behavior.

The mood of the crowd can be a powerful indicator, and the PM forum is part of the crowd. Headlines can be good too. If the recent headline about gold being unsafe at any price was more prominent that would be a decent short term buy signal. As is, it is so-so because it was just one of many articles, and the sharp decline. That so many gold bulls are saying nothing has changed, go ahead and keep stacking, that is not a positive sign. The photos of 10,000 people standing in line to buy gold after the first dip are the kind of things you see at major market tops, not bottoms. Now, if 10,000 people were lined up to panic sell their metal, that would be a great buy signal.

The investment opinions of little old ladies at church, or perhaps some wrong way investment relatives can also give useful indications. Sometimes it is only in hindsight that it is clear, but a person paying attention might make something of these tea leaves. For example, I was at a stock market meeting, nothing to do with gold really, but some college grad just out of school with a degree in finance got on a rant about hyperinflation, and that gold was the only sound investment for the long term. Looking back that was a big signal that the gold top was in place. When know-nothing wet-behind the ears folks are spouting wild stuff like that, it isn't going to happen. Fresh college grads very rarely have any financial common sense. I certainly didn't when I was young. So whatever they say is almost sure not to happen. I looked up the date of that meeting and it was March 2012. Gold was around $1700, having peaked about six months earlier in the $1900s. It made another minor move up to $1800, and then the bottom fell out. Like I said, sometimes it is so clear in hindsight. Not that anyone would make a big investment decision based on one chance meeting, but it is one more indicator and often one of the better ones.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im just hoping ebay will drop from completely stupid prices to just kinda stupid
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

<< <i>compare here >>

I like that site. I will find it useful. Thank you!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>compare here >>

I like that site. I will find it useful. Thank you! >>

There are more useful sites linked in my signature block (The cat eyes).