Home Precious Metals
Options

Not a good day for new home buyers...

This should start the cooling off in the RE market.

Wells quoted for 30 fixed at 5.05%. For those that dont frequently track this, it was 3.5% less than 40 days ago.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/mortgage/rates/
Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

Comments

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Talks of "tapering" can happen all day long but bottom line, they cant let rates rise too fast. This is when they are already doing $85b a month, what will rates look like if they "taper"

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Wow what a jump. My wife and I purchased our first home back in October at 3.75%.
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    My wife and I purchased a home 6.5 years ago, 30 yr fixed at 6%. We refinanced recently (last year?) at 3.5%. Refinancing ain't free though, and even though it's been a year, it'll probably be another two before we break even.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This should start the cooling off in the RE market.

Wells quoted for 30 fixed at 5.05%. For those that dont frequently track this, it was 3.5% less than 40 days ago.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/mortgage/rates/ >>

Not sure what you were looking at...but I don't see a 5% rate with them

Wells Fargo rates
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    I got a 3.75% 30 years, a couple of months ago. I can afford to pay it off much faster but what's the point? At some point, inflation will pay off a nice chunk of my loan for me!
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    15 year rates are still below 4 percent, so I am not certain where you found your rates.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OPA,
    Butter makes reference to APR for a 30 yr conforming fixed.

That is the industry standard.

Actually, it is still a gift...just not like a couple of months ago. Weaker RE
    areas will loose sales because of this.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    USMoneyloverUSMoneylover Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    3.25% for 25 years here. image
    Finest Coins and Relics
  • Options
    Rates recovered much of what occurred this morning. I assure you, it was 5.05% for 30yr fix.

I simply posted Wells Fargo rates as it was a good example of a reputable bank.

10 and 15 year rates are still below 4% however, the 30 year has been steady on the rise for the past 45ish days.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homesellers should expedite their efforts.
    Homebuyers should sit tight and build cash.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My parents got a mortgage in 1976 for 12%. I got one in 2000 for 8.25% and again in 2002 for 7%.

Mortgage rates are still very low and it is cheaper to buy a home than rent in many areas.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here were our WF re-fi rate quotes from last week:
    15yr: 3.375%
    20yr: 3.875%
    30yr: 4.125%
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    I did a 30yr in 2009 or 4.625% with BB&T. Wish I would have waited a couple years, but that still ain't bad.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>Here were our WF re-fi rate quotes from last week:
    30yr: 4.125% >>

That was last week image

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow what a jump. My wife and I purchased our first home back in October at 3.75%. >>

congrats image
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Here were our WF re-fi rate quotes from last week:
    30yr: 4.125% >>

That was last week image >>

No doubt, what a difference from a week ago....up 60 basis points in one week. It's likely the lows have been put in, imo.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow what a jump. My wife and I purchased our first home back in October at 3.75%. >>

congrats image >>

Thank you! Best decision we ever made.
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 2007 at the age of 20 I bought my house with credit score of 600, no down payment, and only earning 18K a year, locked in at 7.375%. At that time the housing market was booming in Fargo...for new construction, old houses were sitting and I had a motivated seller. Today comparable houses in my neighborhood are selling 3 times what I paid for mine. Kind of sucks that I just lost my job the week I was getting ready to refinance. Few more months at this job, highest paying Ive had and Ill be trying to lock in a 3.2-3.7 rate with a local company.
  • Options
    Housing sales drive the economy. You buy a house, you buy appliances, you buy furniture, you make minor or major renovations. I think things are about to get worse again before they get better.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All part of the economic roller coaster we are riding now.....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got a 3.75% 30 years, a couple of months ago. I can afford to pay it off much faster but what's the point? At some point, inflation will pay off a nice chunk of my loan for me! >>

Paying off debt faster avoids you paying an interest sum that exceeds the original principal. However, if you have a fixed rate, that means the mortgage is the same for 30 years straight. Your job would give you cost of living raises, so the mortgage will be a smaller and smaller portion of your salary. Its at that time you can increase payments to pay down the principal? Is this what you are talking about?

I am just curious in understanding this.

A home also builds equity over 30 years, due to inflationary price increases. This is also a bonus.

I always thought its best to pay down debt fast unless the extra money can be used for a better investment like gold was for 12 years prior to this year.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I got a 3.75% 30 years, a couple of months ago. I can afford to pay it off much faster but what's the point? At some point, inflation will pay off a nice chunk of my loan for me! >>

Paying off debt faster avoids you paying an interest sum that exceeds the original principal. However, if you have a fixed rate, that means the mortgage is the same for 30 years straight. Your job would give you cost of living raises, so the mortgage will be a smaller and smaller portion of your salary. Its at that time you can increase payments to pay down the principal? Is this what you are talking about?

A home also builds equity over 30 years, due to inflationary price increases. This is also a bonus.

I always thought its best to pay down debt fast unless the extra money can be used for a better investment like gold was for 12 years prior to this year. >>

Historically, stock market returns have been much much higher. When the Fed eventually raises rates, we will at least see a 5% interest rate paid on savings accounts and CDs. If I can make more money in interest than I'm paying on the loan, it would make no sense paying it off early. I could just take those extra payments, stick it in a bank account and make more money. Besides, the 3.75% isn't really 3.75% because you get a tax deduction on mortgage interest (at least for now). And inflation will eat away at the principal over time. So, unless we expect deflation for a long time, I see no reason to pay it off early.

Of course there are no guarantees that I will make money in stocks. However, I'm willing to take that risk. I don't plan on just sticking that money in a savings account.

But, to answer your question, no I won't ever increase payments on the loan regardless of how high my income goes. In nominal terms, yes I will be paying about as much interest as the principal (I don't recall what the total interest is for the life of the loan, but it's up there). But in real terms, that interest will become insignificant over time. Now, I wish I could borrow $1 million or $100 million or even $1 billion for 30 years at 3.75% fixed. I would take it without thinking twice.

A reason why I am OK with not building up equity in my house assuming home prices stay the same or go lower. I can rent my place for an absolute minimum of 25% more than what my total house payment is.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Options
    This is an extremely interesting topic for me. I'm a younger guy so I'm trying to figure out what to do with my "extra" money. Savings accounts seem nearly pointless. I put some into PM's but with what's left... should I be dumping it into my 401k or pouring it into my mortgage?
    Justin From Jersey

• Options

<< <i>This is an extremely interesting topic for me. I'm a younger guy so I'm trying to figure out what to do with my "extra" money. Savings accounts seem nearly pointless. I put some into PM's but with what's left... should I be dumping it into my 401k or pouring it into my mortgage? >>

For younger folks, a Roth 401K is a great choice. I was stupid when I was younger and didn't take advantage of that. But starting this year, I'm maxing it out. That's 17.5K you can put away and not pay any taxes on it in the future. My reasons for doing that:

1. You can put more money away into a tax advantaged retirement account with a Roth 401K. 17.5K in after tax dollars vs with a traditional 401K 17.5K in pre tax dollars.
    2. If you income is projected to rise in the future, your tax rates might go up. I think marginal rates will also go up. So, you might be better off paying taxes now.
    3. My cost of living is low and I have plenty of money left over, so I can afford to max out my Roth 401K.

And, if you qualify to contribute to a Roth IRA, you should definitely do it. What you put into it can be withdrawn at any time without penalties. So, there is no reason not to contribute. Limit is $5500 for 2013 and deadline to make the contribution is April 15, 2014.
  • Options
    I know a pitiful amount about my 401k. I just picked things that sounded good when I started three years ago.

Employee contribution rate: 1% to 100%
    $1 to $17500
    Roth 401(k) contributions permitted: Yes
    Catch-up contributions permitted: Yes
    Maximum annual employee contribution: $17500
    Changes to employee contribution rates permitted: First day of the Month

All employee contributions are automatically 100% vested.

Employer Matching Contributions

Years of Service Vested Percentage
    0 0
    1 0
    2 20
    3 40
    4 60
    5 80
    6 100

This is what I "picked"

Transamerica Stable Value Option - 14%
    JPMorgan Government Securities Ret Opt - 9%
    Putnam Dynamic Asset Alocation Growth Inv - 5%
    Fidelity Advisor Equity Income Inv - 31%
    Transamerica Partners Stock Index Ret - 5%
    Morgan Stanley Growth Opt Ret - 5%
    Transamerica Partners Mid Growth Ret - 5%
    Transamerica Partners Small Core Ret - 10%
    Dreyfus International Value Inv - 5%
    Ivy Science & Technology Inv - 5%

Edit: There's also a profit sharing plan where my employer deposits a nice sum into this each year.
    Justin From Jersey

• Options
    gdavis70gdavis70 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    I got quoted a 4.875 yesterday by Wells Fargo for a 540k loan. When I started the house hunting process and got preapproval it was at 3.5ish.

Thanks Bernanke... I have something tapered for you.

• Options
    I only switch between the S&P 500 and a bond fund. We have very limited options. Once I switch jobs and am able to roll over into an IRA, I will have much more flexibility. It's great that you have a nice profit sharing agreement. If you put more money in while you're younger, your contributions when you get older will be insignificant. The key is compounding. It can work wonders. I think it's also important to balance enjoying life now vs. when you get older. You won't be able to do as many things later on. If you think you can afford to put in more, i'd definitely suggest doing so. But, if you have to stretch yourself so much that you can't do the things you wanna do right now, then maybe putting into a retirement fund might not be the best idea.

The key is also to minimize lifestyle inflation. My goal is to keep my total spending on fixed bills at the same level that I'm currently at. I think I spend about 20% of my gross pay (that's on the higher side of my estimation) for bills every month and I plan on keeping it that way. I do however spend quite a bit on enjoying life. Travel, good food and entertainment.

Also note that staying healthy can keep you wealthy in retirement. If you're not well informed on this subject, do some research on the internet. Some of the things that are widely believed to be healthy habits are just myths. I'm currently working on this. I certainly don't want to spend my later days popping pills and being bedridden.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no "REAL" recovery in housing . We have put in 2 foundations in the last 5 weeks. One is a huge luxury house that the owner can probably pay for out of pocket and the other is a spec house where the builder inherited some land from his family and carved out 8 lots. His plan is to build then sell one at a time . He got the land for nothing but he will probably go bankrupt somewhere around house 2 or 3 .

Whats interesting about the spec house is that 20 years ago the lot would have been unbuildable because its a wet area . Now you are allowed to build if instead of digging a hole you set the foundation and septic system right on the existing grade and then cart in fill to bring the ground level up 6 or 7 feet. Its legal but it results in ugly houses on barren looking lots. In the late 1990's and 2000's these houses sold grudgingly and back then the fill was very cheap because of the big dig and the cranberry bog owners selling off tons and tons of gravel for short money. This place would have sat 6 months to a year at the height of the boom but if rates spike up look out it could sit 2 years now .

The big house we started is also going to be a flameout but it will be a few years out . That guy has been to the job twice once with his wife and once with his au pair , who looks a lot like tiger wood's ex-wife . He actually looks like Jim Rickards , by the way . We started a pool on how long before a for sale sign goes up because of the divorce . Even though its probably an $800,000 house ( a million and a half 8 years ago) as ugly as its going to be it won't sell for that in that neighborhood when the dividing up assets phase kicks in.

Nothing we build anymore looks good on the land. Its a shame really 30 or 40 years from now people will look at these houses and shake their heads . . Its all profit driven architectural excess or value added gimmickry. Everything is just awful on so many levels.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I always thought its best to pay down debt fast unless the extra money can be used for a better investment like gold was for 12 years prior to this year. >>

Historically, stock market returns have been much much higher. When the Fed eventually raises rates, we will at least see a 5% interest rate paid on savings accounts and CDs. If I can make more money in interest than I'm paying on the loan, it would make no sense paying it off early. I could just take those extra payments, stick it in a bank account and make more money. Besides, the 3.75% isn't really 3.75% because you get a tax deduction on mortgage interest (at least for now). And inflation will eat away at the principal over time. So, unless we expect deflation for a long time, I see no reason to pay it off early.

Of course there are no guarantees that I will make money in stocks. However, I'm willing to take that risk. I don't plan on just sticking that money in a savings account.

But, to answer your question, no I won't ever increase payments on the loan regardless of how high my income goes. In nominal terms, yes I will be paying about as much interest as the principal (I don't recall what the total interest is for the life of the loan, but it's up there). But in real terms, that interest will become insignificant over time. Now, I wish I could borrow $1 million or $100 million or even $1 billion for 30 years at 3.75% fixed. I would take it without thinking twice.

A reason why I am OK with not building up equity in my house assuming home prices stay the same or go lower. I can rent my place for an absolute minimum of 25% more than what my total house payment is. >>

In all of the years that I had mortgage payments, I don't ever recall even once getting a message from my bank saying that I could skip a payment because Mr. inflation paid it for me. No matter how you slice it, it's an obligation that has to be paid. For most, it's a fixed amount that doesn't increase with inflation like many other things like food, clothing, fuel, etc. do.

For some of us there is a good measure of peace of mind in having a paid off property. Once paid for, you own it and almost nobody can take it from you as long as you pay your property taxes. Tomorrow is NOT guaranteed for being alive, being healthy or being employed. As for interest, if you're in the 28% tax bracket it always made little sense to me to give a mortgage banker a dollar for the privilege of getting 28 cents back from Unka Sugar.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

A reason why I am OK with not building up equity in my house assuming home prices stay the same or go lower. I can rent my place for an absolute minimum of 25% more than what my total house payment is. >>

In all of the years that I had mortgage payments, I don't ever recall even once getting a message from my bank saying that I could skip a payment because Mr. inflation paid it for me. No matter how you slice it, it's an obligation that has to be paid. For most, it's a fixed amount that doesn't increase with inflation like many other things like food, clothing, fuel, etc. do.

For some of us there is a good measure of peace of mind in having a paid off property. Once paid for, you own it and almost nobody can take it from you as long as you pay your property taxes. Tomorrow is NOT guaranteed for being alive, being healthy or being employed. As for interest, if you're in the 28% tax bracket it always made little sense to me to give a mortgage banker a dollar for the privilege of getting 28 cents back from Unka Sugar. >>

I didn't mean that in the literal sense, but I'm guessing you're just messing with me. As inflation goes up, the pricinpal in real terms goes down (in nominal terms it's unchanged) and hopefully wages will go up. The fact that the moment you can't afford to pay property taxes, you lose the house means that you don't really "own" it. You just have 100% equity in the house. Traditionally, they drill it into our heads that somehow owning your house is supposed to make you feel better. I don't buy that for even a second. I only look at it as an investment with zero emotional attachment.

As far as investments go, 3.75% is a really amazing rate to borrow money at, ignoring the tax credit. If prices do rise significantly and rents drop so much that it makes more sense for me to give up the 3.75% loan and rent instead, I'll do it without hesitation.

After the deduction, my rate is really 2.7%. So, if I can make more than that in an investment, it makes economic sense to only make the minimum monthly payments on the mortgage.

And even if you don't pay more the minimum, you still get 100% of the upside if there is any price appreciation.
  • Options

<< <i>

I wish I had a job that gave me cost of living raises instead of furloughs and across-the-board pay cuts. It's a different time.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Mortgage rates at two year high after steepest spike in 26 years adding thousands to cost of buying a home
    U.S. 30-year mortgage rate soars to 4.46 percent, the highest since 2011

Rates hit a record low in November 2012
    Some fear rising rates could stall the housing recovery, causing renewed economic woes

Mortgage rates have suddenly jumped from near-record lows, adding thousands of dollars to the cost of buying a home.

The average rate on the 30-year fixed loan soared this week to 4.46 percent, according to a report Thursday from mortgage buyer Freddie Mac. That's the highest average in two years and a full point more than a month ago.

It is also largest spike in weekly rates in 26 years and some fear rising rates could stall the housing recovery and lead to renewed economic woes.

mortgage rates going up

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Housing sales drive the economy. You buy a house, you buy appliances, you buy furniture, you make minor or major renovations. I think things are about to get worse again before they get better. >>

it sure does look that way. lets hope not for a while
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It is also largest spike in weekly rates in 26 years and some fear rising rates could stall the housing recovery and lead to renewed economic woes. >>

Short term it may increase sales, then stall. (Just a thought)

Market has become warm to hot again in my area and north towards San Francisco with homes going for over asking price and multiple offers over asking price. Still not the frenzy we have seen nor will we see again. Good homes going for good prices. Problem homes languishing.

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    There will be no real recovery in the real estate market until the jobs situation is fixed.

PMM rates rising is another nail in the coffin for home sales. Together with tougher (IMO reasonable) qualification criteria coming in 2014, if you are one of those who likes to live on the edge and can only qualify for that "big box" at a 45/55 ratio, better buy now.

I could never understand why one would want to be so home poor - but you see it all the time.

If you are not in the "high end" of the market, and in the NE that would be $1m+ (those unaffected by the economic situation); you are going to have a tough time selling those McMansions in the $450k-$800k range. Big supply, Low demand.
  • Options
    mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

I guess I got there just in time.In april I bought my first house with a 30 yr @3.25%.Lost everything last october in hurricane Sandy with no insurance so I guess I am due for some good news.
    As for PMS,I have been buying rolls like crazy.ASEs,libertads,phils et al @$22 or so were just too tempting.Bought a few rolls of CMLs @ $21.10 and now I need to take a break.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

But, to answer your question, no I won't ever increase payments on the loan regardless of how high my income goes. In nominal terms, yes I will be paying about as much interest as the principal (I don't recall what the total interest is for the life of the loan, but it's up there). >>

That brings to mind a description I heard someone use many years ago about being "house rich and money poor."image
  • Options
    And there's still all those repos that were purposely held off the market to allow supply to remain lower. Round two?

• Options
    Aside from an anticipated hyper-inflation is buying a home a good investment?

A) Each generation must sell to the next and since the seniors have not been letting go of thier homes new ones were built. There is a huge glut of homes. When they die who will buy.

B) The younger generations are saddled with the huge taxes, student loans, social security obligations and interest on the National debt that the corrupt system left them and they are making a lot less money than the previous generations. No McMansions on a Walmart job.

C) Rates go up and prices go down. At best rates will stay the same but when they move there is only one direction for them.

Not too sure we will see the same sales volumes and values as the last 50 years during the next 50. Unless we get a huge surge in rich immigrants the next 15-20 years in Real Estate may not be too great.
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    There are some pretty remarkable assumptions used to form conventional wisdom (i.e. your wages, and home value, will rise for 30 years with inflation). As with any financial endeavor, be sure you recognize the assumptions behind the oh-so-sure conclusions. We paid our home off, and it was a fantastic financial decision. Homes here are the same price as 15 years ago - not sure how my 25 year old house will rise in value the next 15 years to make up for those lost years! And my wages are the same as 2006. My taxes are actually lower. So look at it fully and decide what's best for you, in your locale, and your career.

What was it Yogi said about predicting the future?
  • Options
    Just a couple of thoughts from an old warhorse,

A) we won't see 5% passbook saving rates within a min. of 10 yrs.

B) if want to shorten your existing mortgage in half...make a separate payment equal
    to your monthly P.I. AND mark the payment "to be applied to principle", follow up
    on this because it has to be applied to principle and servicing lenders screw this up.

I. E. You have a 30 year loan with 28 years remaining. You double up on the payment next
    month, you now have a 14 yr mortgage. Do two printouts and you will see.
    Have a nice day
  • Options

<< <i>Just a couple of thoughts from an old warhorse,

B) if want to shorten your existing mortgage in half...make a separate payment equal
    to your monthly P.I. AND mark the payment "to be applied to principle", follow up
    on this because it has to be applied to principle and servicing lenders screw this up.

I. E. You have a 30 year loan with 28 years remaining. You double up on the payment next
    month, you now have a 14 yr mortgage. Do two printouts and you will see. >>

Or if your lender will co-operate have half of your payment taken out every 2 weeks instead of once a month. This will accomplish the same thing even faster.
  • Options

<< <i>

Or if your lender will co-operate have half of your payment taken out every 2 weeks instead of once a month. This will accomplish the same thing even faster. >>

Equates to 13 monthly payments a year and knocks years off the back end of your mortgage.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Or if your lender will co-operate have half of your payment taken out every 2 weeks instead of once a month. This will accomplish the same thing even faster. >>

Equates to 13 monthly payments a year and knocks years off the back end of your mortgage. >>

Interest is generally charged on the unpaid balance and with the 2 week deal, your principal/unpaid balance reduces every 2 weeks instead of once a month. Sort of like compounding in reverse.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭

Make that "principal," so that the lender does not screw you by applying it to something else since they have no "principles."
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    You are a PRINCE T. D. for pointing out why I should not rely on spell czech.

Have a nice day
  • Options

<< <i>You are a PRINCE T. D. for pointing out why I should not rely on spell czech. >>

He is a Princey/Princely Pal aint he?image
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My wife and I purchased a home 6.5 years ago, 30 yr fixed at 6%. We refinanced recently (last year?) at 3.5%. Refinancing ain't free though, and even though it's been a year, it'll probably be another two before we break even. >>

Late last fall we actually got called by Wells Fargo. They were doing a special where we paid $0 for refinancing. We closed with a 15 year at 2.875% and actually did pay absolutely nothing.