Home Precious Metals
Options

Is it well known that Sinclair follows a controversial Indian swami?

Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭
I just heard about it yesterday.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did not know that.... if true, would certainly raise some doubts as to credibility - at least for me. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just heard about it yesterday. >>

What is your source of information? Do you have documentation or was this just an internet rumor?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    which one? this should be interesting..
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    I thought he followed his prophetic canines.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,562 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I just heard about it yesterday. >>

What is your source of information? Do you have documentation or was this just an internet rumor? >>

If it's on the Interwebz it must be true!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Text >>

This is two years old....he has always used his dogs, really. My oven strength tin hat has never let me down!image
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Swami..... swami.... I like that word! If I ever make it to 10,000 posts my title will be "Coin Swami". image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it this character?

Sinclair & Swami?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>Is it this character?

Sinclair & Swami? >>

Yes, that is the swami. I saw the following videos of Sinclair talking about his high regard for the swami, how he walks through walls, telepathy, etc.

Sinclair loves the swami

More from the same interview
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is it this character?

Yes, that is the swami. I saw the following videos of Sinclair talking about his high regard for the swami, how he walks through walls, telepathy, etc.

Scary PM guru
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    hahaha, of course it's Sai Baba. so cliche, so western-friendly.

my prophet is Kumare!

edit to note that Sai Baba is just about the least controversial swami out there, so i'm not sure what the OP meant. unless it was just a 'foreign religion'='scary and dangerous' jab..
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to laugh. The whole purpose of this thread is to cast aspersions at Sinclair. Anyone is free to read Sinclair or not, and to take what he says at face value or not. You can ascribe ulterior motives to his blogs, or not. If you blindly do everything that ANY financial advisor suggests, without doing your own critical thinking then you deserve everything you get.

As far as I know, Sinclair runs a company and pays his taxes. What he personally believes is fine with me, and I'm not one to infer bad judgment on gold or finance even if he has a warm fuzzy for a swami. I would trust Sinclair's information and judgment before I'd ever trust any of the charlatans running the Fed, the Congress, the Executive Branch, DHS, DoJ, HEW, IRS, CIA, IMF, or FASB - to name a few. And you're concerned over a swami? lol.

Been Corzined lately? Don't worry, you will be.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well put, Jmski!

There threads pop up on occasion as people struggle with making their own decisions and try to defrock others that have the necessary huevos.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    seriously, who cares? good grief.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>seriously, who cares? good grief. >>

Agree. It's not relevant as to the value or accuracy of his prognostications.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Agree. It's not relevant as to the value or accuracy of his prognostications >>

Maybe he should switch to a different Swami for his crystal ball gazing forecasts. As of late, his current one has been 100% wrong. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know of some very respected analysts that believe a snake told Adam to eat the apple. Doesn't seem to discredit their analysis in the least.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it should

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Perhaps it should >>

I've done a fair bit of coin/bullion business with a gentleman who has what I would assume is a foot/women's shoe fetish. At one point he had side by side listings for coins and leather women's shoes where he described them in such words as "yummy". It's a completely different circle in his life. Personally, I find feet disgusting and will never understand it. But I have absolutely no problem with it as it pertains to our coin dealings because it doesn't influence it at all. I'd lump Sinclair and his swami into this category. Same goes for the example derryb gave.

I'd rather take financial advice from people with unrelated quirks in their life, then those who, for example, buy lottery tickets.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options

<< <i>I have to laugh. The whole purpose of this thread is to cast aspersions at Sinclair. Anyone is free to read Sinclair or not, and to take what he says at face value or not. You can ascribe ulterior motives to his blogs, or not. If you blindly do everything that ANY financial advisor suggests, without doing your own critical thinking then you deserve everything you get.

As far as I know, Sinclair runs a company and pays his taxes. What he personally believes is fine with me, and I'm not one to infer bad judgment on gold or finance even if he has a warm fuzzy for a swami. I would trust Sinclair's information and judgment before I'd ever trust any of the charlatans running the Fed, the Congress, the Executive Branch, DHS, DoJ, HEW, IRS, CIA, IMF, or FASB - to name a few. And you're concerned over a swami? lol.

Been Corzined lately? Don't worry, you will be. >>

I created this thread because I saw the Sinclair swami videos and thought they were bizarre. I merely wanted to know if this swami nonsense was widely known, and if Sinclair was well regarded despite the nonsense. Apparently the answer is no, since several people in this thread tried to suggest I was spreading an unsubstantiated rumor until I posted links to the Sinclair videos.

I'm sure Sinclair knows more about the gold market than I ever will; however, until a few days ago I did not realize that he was a kook. Personally, I discount the claims and question the judgment of kooks.

Your strawman about preferring Sinclair to government entities doesn't make Sinclair any less of a kook.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I created this thread because I saw the Sinclair swami videos and thought they were bizarre. I merely wanted to know if this swami nonsense was widely known, and if Sinclair was well regarded despite the nonsense. Apparently the answer is no, since several people in this thread tried to suggest I was spreading an unsubstantiated rumor until I posted links to the Sinclair videos.

I'm sure Sinclair knows more about the gold market than I ever will; however, until a few days ago I did not realize that he was a kook. Personally, I discount the claims and question the judgment of kooks.

Your strawman about preferring Sinclair to government entities doesn't make Sinclair any less of a kook.

I took a cursory look at both videos and I see a lucid, thoughtful Sinclair who is recounting his experiences with a swami back in the 1950's when he was searching for some answers. In the late 1950's, Sinclair was probably in his mid to late 20s. I think that most people have a period in their lives when they do the same thing. I don't see any bizzare behavior or strange ideas being discussed, but maybe I missed something, so I'll have to look at both videos in their entirety.

The strawman is to point at Sinclair as a weirdo, when there appears to be no manifestation of him doing or saying anything bizzare. The video is probably about 20 years old, nevertheless I see a fairly gentle soul who seems to have genuine concern for others and isn't ranting or spouting off about anything wierd, unless contemplating a deity is now considered bizzare.

I don't see your point. I don't see a kook. What statements did Sinclair actually make that would indicate that he might be mentally-unbalanced? All I see is Jim Sinclair, talking calmly and thoughtfully to an interviewer who happens to be from another culture. But I do thank you for the links, and I'll probably watch them.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.