Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Pan PAC set you don't see every day

blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
At least I dont see Pan Pac from out of the original holder everyday......

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook

Comments

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy, holy, guacamole!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Very image
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I have never seen that case before.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely but they'd look even better if they were still in the case.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    That would be neat if they could certify it in the original holder. image
    Taylor
    Also known as coinman101---
    I am a YN and I do not want anybody to question my IQ Level! I don't know everything and came here to learn! image
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice! I have never seen that case before. >>

That case is actually a lot more common then the larger frame that holds the $50 gold issues.

A few of these 3 piece cases sell on EBay each year at around $700.00 and up depending on condition.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    TheBigBTheBigB Posts: 942
    Fantastic.
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool Todd... Thanks for posting it...

ABimage
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    image....Über ...... image
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I dream of how beautiful that exhibition was....and wish I could be transported back in time.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Super awesome.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Very nice!
    Becky
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins.... always wanted one of the octagonals....will have to 'scratch that itch' soon...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    I've always liked the Pan-Pac and I WILL be getting the Mint's new reproduction when it comes out.
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the early 80's these added quite a bit of value. A lovely piece of numismatic history.

The copper frames brought HUGE money. The few double copper frames went for as much as $25K++ without the coins. Only time I ever played, my customer insisted on original screws (!) and I had to back off. MrEureka thought I was an idiot image, but never suggested Deller's Darkener. image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love it.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    way nice set for sure image nice pick up
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    I want it!
    Matt
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Back in the early 80's these added quite a bit of value. A lovely piece of numismatic history.

The copper frames brought HUGE money. The few double copper frames went for as much as $25K++ without the coins. Only time I ever played, my customer insisted on original screws (!) and I had to back off. MrEureka thought I was an idiot image, but never suggested Deller's Darkener. image >>

A dealer at the last Baltimore show wanted $16,000 for a Pan-Pac copper frame that was for a double set. There can't be very many of those around, but it still seemed high given way the way certification has taken the air out of the original Pan-Pac holder market. I'd love to have one of the more modest Pan-Pac holders with the original papers still in it. Heritiage sold one years ago with one of those "Buy from the owner" labels. I responded but never even got an email.

I'd love to have one of three coin set holders, but only time I was offered one, the half dollar had been polished to death, and among the other two coins, only the dollar would have been the only upgrade for me. That's not enough of an up-grade for me with price of over $8 grand on it!
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Very cool, my favorite commem.
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful set!
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's nice, but might be nicer if still in the holder
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like sharing coins with friends, they are much safer in the PCGS holders. Nice! image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you consider me a friend
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    Very nice!

The copper frame version

Stacks had one for sale years ago
  • Options
    ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a really well matched set.
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it!

The dolphins on the one dollar coin are my favorites.

Morgan's eagle on the half is a classic...
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file