Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver Eagles...(Bullion)

No reason in the world why these should cost more then 2.50- 2,90 over spot.......JMO........all opinions welcome!

Yes I think I understand supply and demand.......still, an ounce of silver in the form of (Silver eagles) I agree are a recognized form of silver that does not need assay and should command a premium.........but over 2.50- 3.00, and recently $4 and 5.00 over.......I don't think so!!!!

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No reson in the world why these should cost more then 2.50- 2,90 over spot.......JMO........all opinions welcome!

Yes I think I understand supply and demand.......still, an ounce of silver in the form of (Silver eagles) I agree are a recognized form of silver that does not need assay and should command a premium.........but over 2.50- 3.00, and recently $4 and 5.00 over.......I don't think so!!!! >>

They will sell what the market condition dictate....Just remember, the "real price" of silver is not the ETF paper price. BTW, if you can find them for $2.50 - $2.90 above spot w/o having to buy a troy ton, please let us know
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I agree with you 100% but if you want ASE's now the premium is high. I did buy a few right before the premium spiked.
    I am now a buyer currently, unless Ag goes down even more.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, to me silver is literally silver, but

In the past two weeks , people that come in to the shop to buy are wanting 100% eagles. I have had countless rounds and (1oz) bars of silver at spot with no takers. I mean none. Been having to sell them at shows or ship em. 5 and 10oz bars, easy sells however. (don't know why the difference)

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No reason in the world why these should cost more then 2.50- 2,90 over spot.......JMO........all opinions welcome!

Yes I think I understand supply and demand.......still, an ounce of silver in the form of (Silver eagles) I agree are a recognized form of silver that does not need assay and should command a premium.........but over 2.50- 3.00, and recently $4 and 5.00 over.......I don't think so!!!! >>

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the limited number of authorized mint purchasers are paying at least a $2 permium directly to the mint. In most cases the people you and I buy from have to get them from the authorized purchasers. That makes us at least fourth party buyers with the first three tacking on their needed premium.

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I agree with the premise Sumorada puts forth, logic says that ASE's were purchased above current melt.... and if they have changed hands, it accounts for even more price increases...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've encountered local sellers who are
    trying to sell ASE at $35. My guess is
    that they are too deep into it and are
    trying to recoup some of their losses.
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've encountered local sellers who are
    trying to sell ASE at $35. My guess is
    that they are too deep into it and are
    trying to recoup some of their losses. >>

I tend to go with the price gouging theory, at least with my two local B&Ms.

• Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    The wholesale price being paid by dealers on 2013's is about $5 over right now. That's just too high in my opinion.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    You are free to pay spot for slick and worn 90% on eBay ...
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

90% on ebay is more than spot. I looked off and on for a few days for some to buy there. I had a 10% off coupon and even with that it was more than spot.

Why should anyone sell for spot plus 2$ now ? If idiots in the paper silver and gold markets want to knock 10 or 15% off the price in 2 days they can sell their paper metal at a lower price . I'm not going to and after trying to buy at the lower price and not having any luck I don't think anyone that isn't desperate wants to either.

If an ASE was running $35 a month ago then its still worth that now.

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Hey I wasn't suggesting you SELL for that price. But I have seen many a Franklin and Kennedy in worn condition go for spot + shipping. Auctions not BIN but it's out there. Lots by the pound, even. Nothing you could place in an album though. That's higher price.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Something is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it, not what a guide says it is worth.