Home U.S. Coin Forum

Central States NEWPS

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
Had a good time at Central States this year - seems to be a well run show.

Catching up with friends is always a highlight, this time no exception. Nice chats with Boiler78, NJCoinCrank, TomB, Numismatist, EERC, Ed62, CRO (John), HLRC (Dave), TomK, FooDoo, MrEureka, many of the folks at HA, Regulated, Pistareen, JD and others.

Bought a few HTF "Collectible" holders, nabbed a free sample from PCGS, put the Garrett provenance back on a territorial (reholder) and bought a ICG Intercept shield box with slots containing 20 of the ICG/Intercept samples.

From Kagins, a nice upgrade to my Bechtler $5, NGC MS62, proof like with nice colors on one side - pictures when I get around to it. image

From Numismatic Americana, a very cool medal - closeup of the coins on the reverse included.

From TomB, one of the recently released Canadian $10's.

From HA, a beautiful dime - pictures don't do this coin justice. I'm told by a 3rd party that this might be the Granddaddy of all NGC Gen. 1.0 holders. image

Edits added as I remember who I visited with..... image
"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file