Home Precious Metals
Options

So, what are ya going to do when the price goes back up?

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
Assuming it does go back up...

Will you buy or buy more on the upswing?
Will you buy when the price is $30/$1600?
COA

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on a number of things such as how the economy is doing and how fast the national debt is increasing. Most likely I'll keep buying.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pending no changes in employment I'm still buying for another couple decades.
  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    I plan to keep accumulating gold and silver coins. I prefer US pre 1933 gold and pre 1965 silver.

Keeping nickels and pre 1982 pennies from my pocket change too, just for fun.

My favorite 90% coins are Franklins. No knowledge is required, they are all the same 90%.
    They are probably more rare than generally thought also.
    There were more 1964 Kennedy halves minted than all Franklins.

I like Peace Dollars too and probably overpay at $30 each for nice examples.
  • Options
    Adding that gold and silver (and copper and nickel) will go up again and make new all time highs.

The question is not "if" it is "when."

Go back 100 years to 1913. Every major country minted gold coins along with paper money.

The paper currency that did the best in that 100 years was the esteemed Swiss Franc.
    The Swiss Franc gold coin appreciated 13 times more than the Franc itself vs. the US Dollar.
  • Options
    "When" is a very packed question indeed. I'm more considering will PMs hold wealth value for me, be liquid, and the tax consequences over the next ten years and beyond.

<< <i>Adding that gold and silver (and copper and nickel) will go up again and make new all time highs. The question is not "if" it is "when." >>

DrBuster: yeah, losing the job changed the plan, not sure how much yet, but will have to incorporate more possibilities of such things in ongoing plans..
    COA
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    better buying opportunities lie ahead. My long term outlook unchanged.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smile.... a lot of smiling....image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still buying !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    GTOsterGTOster Posts: 860 ✭✭✭
    never stopped stacking never will image
    Paul
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it depends where im at at that time. hopefully i can hang onto it.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    My plan is to continue regular purchases over the next 10 to 25years. That is with light periods of selling in between.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    continue to buy as long as I have extra money!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    The fact is, the more I learn about inflation, the more I want to hold a position in PMs. Not betting the farm and my life savings on it but I don't think it would hurt to hold a small percentage in Silver and Gold.

• Options

<< <i>The fact is, the more I learn about inflation, the more I want to hold a position in PMs. Not betting the farm and my life savings on it but I don't think it would hurt to hold a small percentage in Silver and Gold.

image >>

Agree. This should be most investor's position.
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ounce a month (gold that is) plan continues regardless of price.
  • Options

<< <i>My ounce a month (gold that is) plan continues regardless of price. >>

Damn
  • Options

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My ounce a month (gold that is) plan continues regardless of price. >>

Sounds good but too rich for my blood. More power to you if you've got that kind of cash. image
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what are ya going to do when the price goes back up? Assuming it does go back up...

Sell.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Sell at $49
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    sell at $150, but only half of the stack

• Options
    Good info. I don't have a good sell plan yet.
    The simple plan is to sell the non-key stuff if the price goes substantially higher than the buy price. So, I wait.
    Not enough stacked yet anyhow. Long term, keep flipping lower grade stuff to high grade on good deals.

Its like drawing retirement money from the other funds, do I draw at regular intervals, or pick best times (whatever that is).
    COA
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to sell more when the prices are down and buy more when the prices are up. I can't figure out why it works that way. It's the same way with roofing. There, we have to climb up to tear off and lift up to screw down. This world of metal is strange. But it's work just the same. Time and money management is about like submitting coins. Find the ones of "value" , get them slabbed and into the market place. It's relatively simple, as complex and heavy as metal is.
  • Options
    Back up? I plan to buy gold at $550 and silver at $8, then I'll think about "up".
    Salute the automobile: The greatest anti-pollution device in human history!
    (Just think of city streets clogged with a hundred thousand horses each generating 15 lbs of manure every day...)
  • Options

<< <i>Back up? I plan to buy gold at $550 and silver at $8, then I'll think about "up". >>

I'm in at these prices but ahhhh.... there will be nothing left to buy except that stuff from China. imageimage
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure wish that when I was in my twenties, the information that is available
    now would have been available then.

If I was in my early working years and scraping like many are doing right
    now, I would take a second job. If the job is not up to - your social standards
    just keep your mouth closed.

Take the money and and buy a half ounce of gold per month. Do it for at
    least - a year. There are always fair deas on this site..just pay attention.

I was lucky that I saw the gold ship docked in the harbor right after 2002
    when I was able to really, buy right. I quit buying at $660 because I got nervous
    Right now I am very concerned about the END GAME of the FED.

Still buying after all these years.
    There are two types of people a) Those that like gold b) Liars

Have a nice day
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When gold is up, buy guns. When silver is down, make bullets. When corn is up, buy stocks. When chips are down, buy dip. When all else fails, don't blame me.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There are two types of people a) Those that like gold b) Liars >>

a) those who come through the door b) those who come through the window

a) those who wear spurs b) those who don't

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE