Home Precious Metals
Options

We lost one of our own.

PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got an e-mail from piecesofme letting me know that he has been banned after making some less than well thought out comments on the abilities of PCGS graders in the thread discussing an MS67 Kennedy half in the US Coin Forum. Please be careful what you say or how you conduct yourselves. I'd hate to lose anymore of my forum friends. Hopefully, after a suitable timeout, Mr Willis will let him come back.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was wondering why we hadn't heard from him in light of the big plunge in silver it seemed odd that he wouldn't have weighed in by now
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got an e-mail from piecesofme letting me know that he has been banned after making some less than well thought out comments on the abilities of PCGS graders in the thread discussing an MS67 Kennedy half in the US Coin Forum. Please be careful what you say or how you conduct yourselves. I'd hate to lose anymore of my forum friends. Hopefully, after a suitable timeout, Mr Willis will let him come back. >>

That does suck but like you said many have made it back after a 6 month ban.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should never bite the hand that feeds you.
  • Options
    C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭
    see below
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options
    C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭

<< <i>Hopefully, after a suitable timeout, Mr Willis will let him come back. >>

Not a chance.

sarc on/ Capital Punishment DOES work, especially when it is relatively quick and very public. /sarc off
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options

<< <i>

Not a chance.

Capital Punishment DOES work, especially when it is relatively quick and very public. >>

It wasn't public. Rich didn't even know he was banned until he had trouble posting. He contacted PCGS and they told him he had been banned. Others have been banned and later reinstated after a suitable timeout.

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is messed up, I'll tell ya, I did'nt always agree with Pieces.....BUT I RESPECTED
    what he had to say because I know it came from his heart and it was part of his
    convictions, he added a lot of flavor here too! And I hope he's back soon!!!!

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He definitely knew how to promote his bullion bars, but diplomacy was not one of his strong points.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a place where you can speak your mind that you are aware of? image
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't this his avatar?!? I know I've seen it many times on the boards. Kinda weird. I always assumed it was their child / family photo image

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Yup. That was his avatar.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there a place where you can speak your mind that you are aware of? image >>

Everybody has the right to start their own forum and say anything they want in it.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    I like Piecesofme, but I must say I fully understand and comprehend rules #1 and 10 of our hosts. I must also say I have seen a very high tolerance level from them concerning rules 2,3 and 4. As many said hopefully it is a small time out / rule check, but I would know if I were pushing my luck.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Not a chance.

Capital Punishment DOES work, especially when it is relatively quick and very public. >>

It wasn't public. Rich didn't even know he was banned until he had trouble posting. He contacted PCGS and they told him he had been banned. Others have been banned and later reinstated after a suitable timeout. >>

it would have been nice if they had sent an email to him instead of letting him go thru that. again, hopefully pcgs will let him back in image best wishes
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many, many members - good, contributing members - have been lost this way. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang it. I don't know what it was that he said this time, but it's true that we all have to bite our tongues from time to time. I don't know how many times I've spent time writing a post, only to finally decide on deleting it.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I bought and sold with pieces and he was a great guy during those transactions. I appreciated his telling truth to power on this website, even if I cringed at some of the battles he took on.

I don't know what he said about this or that grading company but if he got banned for that while others are allowed to stay for hinting about killing a sitting President, race riots, illegal firearms, armed insurrection and a host of other felonies then it sounds like power has their priorities a tad askew.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dang it. I don't know what it was that he said this time, but it's true that we all have to bite our tongues from time to time. I don't know how many times I've spent time writing a post, only to finally decide on deleting it. >>

This!!
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the title of the thread is callus in light of true recent tragedy.

While I respect POMs contributions and knowledge, he would often
    take a thread in a nippy direction when it really didn't add anything to the post.

You can kind of tell the ones who are going to burn like comets.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say anything you like, we don't care...

Free to speak coin forum
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    piecesofme will be missed. I was wondering why he didn't post to the gun thread demanding it's deletion. I have heckled PCGS before and never got banned.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the title of the thread is callus in light of true recent tragedy.

take a thread in a nippy direction when it really didn't add anything to the post.

You can kind of tell the ones who are going to burn like comets. >>

This on all counts. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think the title of the thread is callus in light of true recent tragedy.

This on all counts. MJ >>

I started this thread because POM was very active here and many of you may have wondered what happened to him. Also, I wanted to warn you guys to watch what you say. At the risk of sounding callus, I'd hate to see any more of you guys get banned.

• Options

Agreed. The title implies somebody died.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>

Agreed. The title implies somebody died. >>

Sorry, guys. It was never my intent to imply that anyone died.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sorry, guys. It was never my intent to imply that anyone died. >>

How about changing it to

"Anotherone Bites The Dust!"
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel zero sense of loss.

There are a core group of people here that post, many of them in this thread, that I enjoy and respect.

Neither of those qualities were present for me in the perceived loss for others.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sorry, guys. It was never my intent to imply that anyone died. >>

How about changing it to

"Anotherone Bites The Dust!" >>

That sounds like someone died more so than the original title.image

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Only time will tell if he is allowed back or not.