Home Precious Metals

My gut's going to call it....

guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
Ag right at $29 by mid-September 2013. That's a 20%+ increase.

Jump on the boat or get left on the dock waving goodbye.
@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

Comments

• michiganboymichiganboy Posts: 1,246 ✭✭
    I'm waiting for $18 and think it might happen sooner then later.
    Positive BST transactions:michaeldixon,nibanny,
    type2,CCHunter.
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm waiting for $18 and think it might happen sooner then later. >>

There will be NO silver available at that time... image
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to two B&M's today, not one ASE for sale, two months ago full trays of gold and silver Eagles in the cases.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never seems to amaze me, people are going to jump in and buy it all the way back!

This day will go down in history as the straw that busted this market run. I knew it was coming, just did not know when.

Its not coming back IMO (at least this cycle)

I remember in 1980, even though I was only 10 at the time, every one jumping back in after the big dip waiting for the rebound that never came!

I had worked all year long buying silver rounds one at a time, and sold 1/2 of them right before the drop, on the advice of a long time big investor, should have sold them all, but didn't.

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It never seems to amaze me, people are going to jump in and buy it all the way to the ground!

This day will go down in history as the straw that busted this market run. I knew it was coming, just did not know when.

Its not coming back! >>

Im glad you said it and not me. I'd be labeled a blasphemer.

A 3-7 yr trading range will now develop. 1525 and 26 should prove to be massive resistance.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• silverman68silverman68 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

There will be NO silver available at that time... image >>

I would agree and the premium's are going to get out of hand so there will be no great bargain.
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I would agree and the premium's are going to get out of hand so there will be no great bargain. >>

Once the tide and greed settles it will sell.

• << <i>It never seems to amaze me, people are going to jump in and buy it all the way back!

I remember in 1980, even though I was only 10 at the time, every one jumping back in after the big dip waiting for the rebound that never came!

I had worked all year long buying silver rounds one at a time, and sold 1/2 of them right before the drop, on the advice of a long time big investor, should have sold them all, but didn't. >>

There were many people who said the same thing when silver dove from $20 to $9 five years ago also predicting it would plummet to $5 and stay there for the next 20 years. What happened after that we all know was not a $5 price but a $50 price followed by a prolonged price drop which saw a trading range from $29-$32 for a long period of time.

Not trying to cheerlead you but just saying you guys always come out when silver declines yet disappear when it goes up.
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It never seems to amaze me, people are going to jump in and buy it all the way back!

I had worked all year long buying silver rounds one at a time, and sold 1/2 of them right before the drop, on the advice of a long time big investor, should have sold them all, but didn't. >>

You're kidding right? Many, many people bought at $30, $35, $40 on the way up. Some made a fortune buying at $30 and selling at $40.

A few hours ago people had the chance to buy under $23. I understand caution as it might fall further but guitarwes' call is a very reasonable one.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy reading all these predictive threads. I save some for future reference. Amazing how most are wrong in some way - either when, or how much, or for how long etc..... Yep, even I put in my predictions.... not ashamed to admit I am usually wrong too. I do believe we will see a significant resurgence in PM's no later than this fall....and into the winter. We shall see...image Cheers, RickO
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    $24.50 right now. COME ON BABY!!!!

Edited to add: My, look how far we've come from $18 and change.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I'd have to do is to sell a little more silver and the price will take another little jump.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$24.50 right now. COME ON BABY!!!!

Edited to add: My, look how far we've come from $18 and change. >>

If you continued to buy and average cost down you would be sitting on a nice little profit with this recent move.

$29 by mid september might prove tough as we have a major resistance in the $26 range. If it breaks that, $29 will be easy.

Fun stuff!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Great call michiganboy, it happened & cohodk opened the floodgates when he announced he was buying again. image Lots of silver was available & still is.

mrpaseo...toss out your crystal ballimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for $18 and think it might happen sooner then later

I think you had your chance, and if it does go that low again, NO ONE will sell, and that's based on when it recently got into that range. People had it, but would not sell, and if they did, it wasn't in any significant quantity. And as a result of that, look what's happened... a nearly 40% run.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All I'd have to do is to sell a little more silver and the price will take another little jump.image >>

Si

<< <i>I'm waiting for $18 and think it might happen sooner then later

I think you had your chance, and if it does go that low again, NO ONE will sell, and that's based on when it recently got into that range. People had it, but would not sell, and if they did, it wasn't in any significant quantity. And as a result of that, look what's happened... a nearly 40% run. >>

I don't recall the big bullion hoses not selling. They just raised their premium.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I don't recall the big bullion hoses not selling. They just raised their premium

True. I was refering more to local B&M's...they were not selling anything in siginificant quantities to me even offering top dollar at the time, they just wouldn't do it.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $20-21 before $29-30

any info to be shared on the CLCT earnings tomorrow? anyone monitoring the coins graded count on a quarterly basis?
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    To da moon!

Loves me some shiny!
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    September has been historically the best month for PM (Gold in particular).
    I can see $29 happen again by its end with a pull back to October.

I don't think we have seen the bottom on Silver yet.
    Not sure when it is going to happen.
    I have more confidence in Gold going up.

Just my 2 cents.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO silver won't take a serious hit unless gold takes a serious hit. They usually get hit as a pair.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>IMO silver won't take a serious hit unless gold takes a serious hit. They usually get hit as a pair. >>

Usually.
    Silver went from $49 to $19
    Gold from $1900 to $1200.
    (give or take)

One got hit harder. It is the one most people "play" with when it goes up quick.

JMHO
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing a 3-7 year trading range in silver from here. I would think that a 1-3 year trading range under $26 is quite reasonable. I would think that 2014-2015
    should end the consolidation in precious metals.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ag right at $29 by mid-September 2013. That's a 20%+ increase.

Jump on the boat or get left on the dock waving goodbye. >>

How about, "Ag right at $26 by mid-September 2013. That's a 12%+ increase.

Jump on the boat or get left on the dock waving goodbye". image
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1525 and 26 should prove to be massive resistance

Im sticking by this.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It never seems to amaze me, people are going to jump in and buy it all the way to the ground!

Its not coming back! >>

Im glad you said it and not me. I'd be labeled a blasphemer.

A 3-7 yr trading range will now develop. 1525 and 26 should prove to be massive resistance. >>

OK by me. More time to finish my Box o' $20. Then, to da moon!

<< <i>1525 and 26 should prove to be massive resistance

Im sticking by this. >>

But don't expect us to hold you to it. Your presence here is too valuable.

If my original prediction does get there, it'll be a 50%+ increase from the recent lows.

Already blew way past 20%+ increase from the recent low. That same recent low I didn't see coming at all, but I couldn't believe we got to buy at those levels again.....

<< <i>1525 and 26 should prove to be massive resistance

Im sticking by this. >>

I think you are overly optimistic with those quotes.

My broken cb tells me....Not gonna happen this year....Hope it's wrong.image

<< <i>

<< <i>

Great call michiganboy, it happened & cohodk opened the floodgates when he announced he was buying again. image Lots of silver was available & still is.

mrpaseo...toss out your crystal ballimage >>

Looking at my magic ball I see a definite raise or fall in Precious metals over the short or long term or both. As for specific dates/times/amounts... Well, at some point in the future (Between tomorrow and an undisclosed date (Can't give away all my secrets)), I see above or below $50 Silver which is a good or bad thing, depending upon your situation.

I hope that clears things up a little,
    Ray

No one has anything to say about my comment? That took time to devise...lol.

<< <i>No one has anything to say about my comment? That took time to devise...lol. >>

Crystal clear

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

mrpaseo...toss out your crystal ballimage >>

Looking at my magic ball I see a definite raise or fall in Precious metals over the short or long term or both. As for specific dates/times/amounts... Well, at some point in the future (Between tomorrow and an undisclosed date (Can't give away all my secrets)), I see above or below $50 Silver which is a good or bad thing, depending upon your situation.

I hope that clears things up a little,
    Ray >>

I actually laughed outloud at that one. Nicely done! I think your crystal ball is right on the money!
    successful transactions with: vpr, robman, piecesofme, metalsman, gdavis70, agentjim007, ranshdow and more to come!
  • The 27.00 - 27.85 area will be the stinker over the next several weeks, most likely we will take a two month or so breather once in that area.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac

<< <i>The 27.00 - 27.85 area will be the stinker over the next several weeks, most likely we will take a two month or so breather once in that area. >>

Another member who needs to clean his crystal ball or change fortune tellers. It's very unlikely that silver will even come close to your forecast in 2013.....That's what my "growling Guru" tells me this AMimage

<< <i>No one has anything to say about my comment? That took time to devise...lol. >>

Well, it's mid-Sept and I'm a little off, but we're headed in the right direction.....but it may take a little while.

I was optimistic for my main metal, but at least I got to buy at 19 again and cost average down some of my other purchases above 25.

A local stacker I know said, "I can't believe silver has fallen off a cliff. What in the world?" Which my reply to him was, "I can't believe we get to buy at these levels again. Never thought I'd see 19 again." He said, "You know, I never thought about it like that."

All a matter of perspective and forsight.
  • topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Unpredictable instability in any direction...
    COA
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Unpredictable instability in any direction... >>

no kidding. this is a good way to lose ones mind (whats left of it)
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unpredictable instability in any direction... >>

In the short term, absolutely. That is why I don't play the paper markets.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Somebody help out here....isn't silver spot at roughly the same since this call?
    If so, it reinforces my strong belief that all calls, especially "gut" calls are nothing but BS!
    Nothing personal implied here to anyone.
    Just something that appears over and over again.
    Wishful thinking at the best. Nothing more.
    Good luck.

Ed for spelling.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Johnny that was some funny stuff. Thanks for that.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

<< <i>

Somebody help out here....isn't silver spot at roughly the same since this call?
    If so, it reinforces my strong belief that all calls, especially "gut" calls are nothing but BS!
    Nothing personal implied here to anyone.
    Just something that appears over and over again.
    Wishful thinking at the best. Nothing more.
    Good luck.

Ed for spelling. >>

It's unlikely that we will see $25 silver this year...(My growling gut tells me)image

<< <i>Well, it's mid-Sept and I'm a little off, but we're headed in the right direction.....but it may take a little while. >>

Do you feel like a "Bull in a Bear market?"image

I'm glad "I got left behind." Your ship...she don't look so good. image

<< <i>

I'm glad "I got left behind." Your ship...she don't look so good. image >>

There's still time....... image

He, but if you would have bought at 18-19-ish, you'd be good. The obese female hasn't belted a resounding chord yet.........there's always still time to board the ship.

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'm glad "I got left behind." Your ship...she don't look so good. image >>

There's still time....... image

He, but if you would have bought at 18-19-ish, you'd be good. The obese female hasn't belted a resounding chord yet.........there's always still time to board the ship. >>

Interesting response, but not quite accurate. If my memory serves me correctly, silver has only been below $19, 3 times this year (6/26-6/28) and when it dipped, it was for a very short period. Furthermore, if you "pulled the trigger" during that time frame and purchased physical, you most certainly did not get it a spot. Yup, by now you might have broke even. When you made your pitch in April, silver was around $24 and anyone who took your advise at that time is down by about 10%. The "silver boat" needs to go into dry dock for repairs image