Home Precious Metals

Master List: Precious Metals / Bullion

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
When you can't find what you are looking for at your local B&M, here is a list to help you find what you are looking for. Additions/comments are welcomed. These are not in any particular order.

PCGS Precious Metals Forum

Precious Metals / Bullion Dealers

APMEX

Bullion Direct

DBS Coins

Gainesville Coins

Gaithersburg Coin

Golden Eagle Coin

Goldmart

Gold Dealer

JM Bullion

Liberty Coin

Liberty CPM

MCM or moderncoinmart

Monarch Precious Metals

Northwest Territorial Mint

Only Gold

Panda America

Provident Metals

Quality Silver Bullion

Scottsdale Precious Metals

SilverTowne L.P.

The Royal Mint

agoracommodities

Westminister Mint

Scotsman Auction Co.

Amagi Metals

BGASC

Mint's

Central Mint of China

Perth Mint

Pobjoy Mint

Royal Canadian Mint

Untied States Mint

Lists / Misc

Coinflation (90% coin values)

List of World Mints (Information and Links)

Mints of the world (Information and Links)

Gold Shark (Price Comparison)

Gold Bullion Coins Specifications

How much is a gram of gold worth (All gram sizes)

Gold Bars Worldwide

Gold Calculator (Scrap gold by weight)

US Mint American Arts Gold commemoratives info & minatages

US Gold American Eagles info & mintages

US Gold buffalos info & mintages

US gold commemoratives info & mintages

US gold First Spouses info & mintages

US Mint sales report (refresh page, updated Tuesdays)

When it's time to sell, these could be helpful

IRS Publication 17 (2013), Sale of Property (Be sure to confer with your tax adviser)

IRS Publication 544 (2012), Ordinary or Capital Gain or Loss (Be sure to confer with your tax adviser)

***NOTE: Certain locations are omitted from this list due to the feedback of poor customer service, not delivering and overall poor transactions. If it's not on this list, feel free to ask the forum for opinions.***

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might add goldshark.com where prices can be compared.

Also, here's a good chart for gold coin specifications.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You might add goldshark.com where prices can be compared.

Also, here's a good chart for gold coin specifications. >>

Excellent, thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

Ray
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    You have done your homework, Ray! image

Thanks for sharing.
    I would move up to the Bullion dealers section the Silver Bullet and Northwest Territorial which are not Govt Mint.
    You can add the Perth Mint and the Royal Mint (UK).

I would also change the title adding "Master list" so that we can keep the thread as reference as the one in the US Coin forum.

The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Really it depends where you're located. A good local B&M where you can pay cash and walk out the door is always the best and most stress-free purchase for me.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)

<< <i>Really it depends where you're located. A good local B&M where you can pay cash and walk out the door is always the best and most stress-free purchase for me. >>

I agree but I don't have many I can visit and the ones close to me basically don't carry any gold.
    In general the local B&M doesn't have the variety of an online dealer, though the shipping charges make a big difference when buying bullion.
    All updated, thanks for the info folks.
    Don't forget Coinflation (http://www.coinflation.com/)
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is the best gold to buy? AGEs? 1 ounce bars? Saints [certified or raw]? I would think that the most amount of .999 pure gold for the least money would be the way to go. Are the one ounce bars really that hard to sell?

<< <i>Really it depends where you're located. A good local B&M where you can pay cash and walk out the door is always the best and most stress-free purchase for me. >>

This. I assume it works equally well in reverse? Ideally, you would like to buy from the same place/person that he did.

<< <i>So what is the best gold to buy? AGEs? 1 ounce bars? Saints [certified or raw]? I would think that the most amount of .999 pure gold for the least money would be the way to go. Are the one ounce bars really that hard to sell? >>

There are so many variables to this question it's hard to answer without knowing exactly what you are buying for.

When buying gold some of the questions you need to ask yourself are:

1. Am I looking for the best price?

2. Am I looking for the easiest to sell (Eventually it will all be sold, if not by you, then by your estate).

3. What do I particularly like?

For example, recently I made a silver purchase. I am interested in ASEs as I understand they are very easy to sell and these are what I like. When doing some research, I found the Canadian Silver Maple Leafs cheaper and they are also easy to sell when the time comes. I ended up buying the Canadian Silver Maple Leafs.

Another example, for Christmas I intend to give my parents an odd size silver product (a 4oz or 5oz). I will pay a premium but this is what I want for the occasion.

<< <i>So what is the best gold to buy? AGEs? 1 ounce bars? Saints [certified or raw]? I would think that the most amount of .999 pure gold for the least money would be the way to go. Are the one ounce bars really that hard to sell? >>

Once you decide what you want, check your local B&M, then check the list above to see what the best price is. Or, you could use the above links to surf the dealers to see what's out there (This is why I started this thread because that's what I was doing).

Ray

<< <i>

There are so many variables to this question it's hard to answer without knowing exactly what you are buying for.

When buying gold some of the questions you need to ask yourself are:

1. Am I looking for the best price?

2. Am I looking for the easiest to sell (Eventually it will all be sold, if not by you, then by your estate).

3. What do I particularly like?

For example, recently I made a silver purchase. I am interested in ASEs as I understand they are very easy to sell and these are what I like. When doing some research, I found the Canadian Silver Maple Leafs cheaper and they are also easy to sell when the time comes. I ended up buying the Canadian Silver Maple Leafs.

Another example, for Christmas I intend to give my parents an odd size silver product (a 4oz or 5oz). I will pay a premium but this is what I want for the occasion. >>

Biggest concerns are best price AND authenticity.

From APMEX tonite: spot at $1546

1 ounce pamp suisse bar $1590

1 ounce APMEX bar $1590

1 ounce AGE $1624

NGC ms61 Saint $1716 $1774 on 1 ounce basis

PCGS ms61 Saint $1726 $1784

So what is there about a common date junky looking Saint that justifies a $228 premium over spot? Or a $194 premium over a one ounce bar? I guess one can feel comfy knowing the certified Saints aren't fake.

<< <i>Biggest concerns are best price AND authenticity.

From APMEX tonite: spot at $1546

1 ounce pamp suisse bar $1590

1 ounce APMEX bar $1590

1 ounce AGE $1624

NGC ms61 Saint $1716 $1774 on 1 ounce basis

PCGS ms61 Saint $1726 $1784

So what is there about a common date junky looking Saint that justifies a $228 premium over spot? Or a $194 premium over a one ounce bar? I guess one can feel comfy knowing the certified Saints aren't fake. >>

I'm really new to the field (Thus all the posts on the PM forums...lol), I would say the ST G. are higher for a few reasons.

1. They are actual coins (Not bullion) and 80 to 106 years old.

2. Something old that people know/have known for years.

3. Slabbed in good companies (Easy to resell)

4. Authentic (Slabbed)

True, but for 7 Saints you could buy 8 bars, that's like a free ounce. The problem with gold is that it costs so much for an ounce that most folks can't afford enough ounces to make any serious money on gold; esp. if you feel sympathy for the taxman. Why is a raw 1 ounce AGE any less risky [fakewise] than say a Perth mint sealed package 1 ounce bar?

<< <i>True, but for 7 Saints you could buy 8 bars, that's like a free ounce. The problem with gold is that it costs so much for an ounce that most folks can't afford enough ounces to make any serious money on gold; esp. if you feel sympathy for the taxman. Why is a raw 1 ounce AGE any less risky [fakewise] than say a Perth mint sealed package 1 ounce bar? >>

Not sure, I would assume that it is harder to fix a round coin rather than a square one with the flat side.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    A good local B&M where you can pay cash and walk out the door is always the best and most stress-free purchase for me.

Ideally, this or a lcs.

Don't forget Coinflation (http://www.coinflation.com/)

I use coininfo.com instead. I've found it's closer to what actual values are (what people will actually pay) than coinflation.
    Coinflation will tell you what it's worth based on it's weight and what Spot is at that moment.
    Coininfo will tell you what people are actually paying. Just because it weighs out at a given weight and then gives you a value based on current Spot price doesn't mean people are going to pay that value.
    It's my bible when it comes to 90% transactions.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post Ray.... thanks for the list...Cheers, RickO
    AboutAg is a great resource for silver bars.

Silvercollection.it is interesting for silver objects and hallmarks.
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not my post, but thanks for the info. image
    Timbuk3
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Thank You!
    COA

<< <i>Thank You! >>

The least I could do, I'll expand/maintain it as much as you all would like. Just provide suggestions and I'll adapt it. image

Just happy to be able to give back to the group for all the knowledge and kindness that I have received over these past.... well, 15 years or so image

Ray
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've dealt with 8 of the dealers on your list (not including Mints), and the only one I would NOT recommend is NW Territorial Mint. I realize that they are relatively big, but I did not appreciate the way that they drug their feet and then misrepresented what was going on to me on a significant quantity of 1/10th oz and 1/2 oz AGEs that I bought from them awhile back. It became uncomfortable. I will never buy from them again. And then when Ross Hansen finally offered to make it up to me, he then proceeded NOT to do what he said he would do.

Do what you want. I'm just sayin.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>I've dealt with 8 of the dealers on your list (not including Mints), and the only one I would NOT recommend is NW Territorial Mint. I realize that they are relatively big, but I did not appreciate the way that they drug their feet and then misrepresented what was going on to me on a significant quantity of 1/10th oz and 1/2 oz AGEs that I bought from them awhile back. It became uncomfortable. I will never buy from them again. And then when Ross Hansen finally offered to make it up to me, he then proceeded NOT to do what he said he would do.

Do what you want. I'm just sayin. >>

Sharing your experience is appreciated, I understand this is only one person and one transaction that happened but all the same, your experience will help the rest of us be on our toes when dealing with this place or any other that are identified with our posts.

Ray
  • CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd bump this to the first page because I am sure others are bargain shopping today as well. image
  • C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭
    ttt
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
    Added a cool link that has the current value of gold in gram sizes.

NOTE: This thread and the master coin thread are linked in my signature bar below for your convenience.
    Bump.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

bump from page 5 image
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that Scotsman Coins in St. Louis isn't on the list. They are a B&M who also have a precious metals division and a coin auction house. I've dealt with them and they are worth considering.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agora Commodities

and

Amagi Metals

Both are Bullion Dealers that accept multiple methods of payment, including Bitcoin

It's all about what the people want...

• Run from Tulving
    Check out tulving complaints
    He takes an order and then won't deliver, I got by having to sell to him without ever receiving the product
    Should be charged with fraud
    Bill
    Coin Junkie

cameoproofcoins.com
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Paseo,

How bouts removing Tulving from the master list due to their recent problems

and add BGASC now that we have a good report on them and we have a member of their staff now with the forum.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Thanks for the updates guys. Requested changes have been made.
    If you have had a good experience with a particular company and have posted in the forums about it I can put a link to the thread if you let me know which one.

This way if we are looking into a company, there will be links next to their name so we can research some feedback from our own.

Let me know,
    Ray
  • Would appreciate your making the following correction..........

1. The underlying link to Amagi Metals goes to BGASC.com and not to Amagi Metals.
    2. Our name is BGASC and not Buy Gold and Silver Coins (though that is what the acronym stands for). AND the underlying link here is going to Amagi Metals instead of www.bgasc.com

Thank you for including us in the list.

Much appreciated.

Sku
    BGASC.com
    Sorry for the delay SKU, corrections made.
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    I don't see JM Bullion on the list. Excellent prices and service and FREE shippinv image
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08

<< <i>I don't see JM Bullion on the list. Excellent prices and service and FREE shipping image >>

Added image