Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ANOTHER bid retraction! How come NO PENALTY for bidders?

2»

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the responses and opinions. Not too much to add at this point. It is Ebay's sandbox, and everyone plays by their rules. If they deem the buyers to be allowed to do it, then so be it. I bid on Ebay myself, and I can't recall having EVER retracted a bid, while some members rack them up by the hundereds. So be it.

The bidder apologized and I accept his apology. Still doesn't change the fact he made my blocked bidder list. The dyamics of Ebay has changed alot since I first started selling in 2000. Some things are better, alot of things are worse. At the rate they are going, I put the odds at 50/50 whether they will make it in the future, or go the way of Xerox, Kodak, and AOL.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50/50 money? How long is the time frame?
  • Options
    I am thinking by 2035. 22 years.
  • Options
    Hmm 22 years. Ill bet you one cheeseburger it goes on the over. I dont think we will be using money at that time so I think this is a fair bet.
  • Options

<< <i> I dont think we will be using money at that time so I think this is a fair bet >>

There are better odds that we will be using money than Ebay being around. Let's see..money has been used since before Christ and Ebay has been around since, oh ....1995???? Save the cheesburger for yourself Clamsy.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    What's this nonsense about Quarter pounders with cheese not being chock full of vitamins and minerals?
  • Options
    Ok. I guess I mean I dont know what currency we will be using. So how about we bet a cheeseburger?
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Ill also parlay it that you get kicked off ebay by 2035 for an extra order of fries and a drink?
  • Options

Haven't you had enough fast food Clamsy??? Does your parents know you are betting again??? If you are living in their basement, you should really clean up your habits!
  • Options
  • Options
    SO now you want to bet me I cant hit you with a quarter?
  • Options
    Only hobby where the dolts speak as loudly as they do.......keep on handyman....keep on!

• Options

<< <i>SO now you want to bet me I cant hit you with a quarter? >>

Uh...that was actualy YOUR picture Clamsy.......image
  • Options
    Cant wait for your next post!!
  • Options
    "
    << SO now you want to bet me I cant hit you with a quarter? >>

Uh...that was actualy YOUR picture Clamsy......."

No you are!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

<< <i> If that were true, I probably would have responded to this thread with a comment about how the bid retractions on your auctions might be karma for shilling your Sport Kings consignments. But I didn't do that. >>

How did this fly under the radar?

Good for you.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> If that were true, I probably would have responded to this thread with a comment about how the bid retractions on your auctions might be karma for shilling your Sport Kings consignments. But I didn't do that. >>

How did this fly under the radar? >>

LMAO. at this^

Bid retractions with little if any penalty are just another fun feature of the new and improved ebay...the world's largest free approval service. Get used to it.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    Never shilled any consignments. Once again, you keep dreaming up drama and creating trouble. You need to worry about your own self. The ironic thing is, your record is ALOT worse than mine. Go back to your glass house clamsy.
  • Options
    PS - If I am a shill bidder, I must be one of the worst ones in history, as didn't I lose around $450 on the card in question!?!?!?!?! You would never lose that much, because you have your buddies bid on your stuff! image Thank goodness I don't know how to do it!!
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably the only one who wondered, but from urbandictionary.com:

Clamsy: This word is known within tokio hotel fanbase, the main singer Bill Kaulitz has really bad english accent and thats what came out from word clumsy. Bill: our bassist is always so clamsy
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"It would have been a all time VCP record"
    1300 for a SGC 5 1954 Hank aaron sounds like a bid that could have been an error. Maybe thats why he retracted. Seems like an error bid to me. >>

Many people feel this way. My question is, how many times do you have to be asked "are you sure you want to bid this amount?" before it changes from an "error" bid to an abuse of the system. In a REAL auction if you raise your hand to bid, you better be prepared to pay.

Here's my suggestion; for every bid retraction you have ebay asks you three times "are you really sure you want to bid this amount, you don't seem to get it, bids are an agreement to pay". I am thinking this would AT LEAST annoy the bid re-tractors and do SOMETHING about it.

BTW the 1300 bid could have just as easily been an attempt at determining the high bid on the card. What was this guy actually trying to bid, 130.00, 300.00, 1000.00?

Finally, there are people who aren't interested in your petty off-topic arguments. You guys need a time out.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    let it sink...you are just fueling it...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    is this Clamsy?

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate everyone and everything. >>

Isn't that because you are old??? image

Hi Steve.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>Never shilled any consignments. >>

Are you forgetting about the near set of 1933 Sport Kings that you consigned to PWCC and then placed bids on several of them?

<< <i>You need to worry about your own self. The ironic thing is, your record is ALOT worse than mine. Go back to your glass house clamsy. >>

Who is this directed at?
  • Options

<< <i>PS - If I am a shill bidder, I must be one of the worst ones in history, as didn't I lose around $450 on the card in question!?!?!?!?! >>

It was several cards and whether or not you lost money is irrelevant. You bid on your consignments, and that is shilling.

<< <i>You would never lose that much, because you have your buddies bid on your stuff! >>

I'll ask again. Who is this directed at?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I can say it's not directed towards me.

Swartzie, I add the fuel, Bobby fans the flames.

Hi Mike.

Good for you.
  • Options
    Maurice, cut him some slack. After all, each one of those bids were accidents.
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    bobbyw8469 :: "Never shilled any consignments."
    maurice :: "The near set of 1933 Sport Kings that you consigned to PWCC and then placed bids on several of them"

If you placed a bid on your consignment that is pretty pathetic.

Robb
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bobby, you are your own worst enemy.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have spoken to EBAY customer service reps and you can in great detail explain the issue and they will agree with you but for some reason someone at the top just won't seem to do anything about it. >>

eBay customer service is great at listening patiently and nodding with the occasional "yes" of approval, then doing absolutely jack $#*t. I have personally spent hours on the phone dictating auction #'s which clearly violate their listing rules, such as trademark and copyright infringement, and nudity, and the items are never removed. One has been listed for over 2 years continuously (BIN with large "quantity").

They were very polite, and that's where it ended. Don't waste your time. I don't call any longer unless it's money-related.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Are Milton Bradley cards a good investment?
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are Milton Bradley cards a good investment? >>

Milton Bradley has anger issues. I want to thank the Oakland Athletics for taking him off of the Dodgers hands. I'm sure the Dodgers would have taken a case of Cool Ranch Doritos in return, but Andre Ethier was a nice get.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Milton Bradley had one of the greatest hits in baseball history. AA Eastern League championship, game 5, bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, Harrisburg (Expos) down 3runs, 2 out, full count... And he hit a walk off grand slam to win the Championship.... Their 4th in a row.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milton Bradley got game.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Milton Bradley cards ARE a good investment, but I doubt very seriously you can tell them apart from the regular issue.
  • Options
    We're losing focus here. Are we talking about accidentally bidding on your own cards on Ebay or Milton Bradley cards?
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>eBay customer service is great at listening patiently and nodding with the occasional "yes" of approval, then doing absolutely jack $#*t. I have personally spent hours on the phone dictating auction #'s which clearly violate their listing rules, such as trademark and copyright infringement, and nudity, and the items are never removed. One has been listed for over 2 years continuously (BIN with large "quantity").
    >>

If they are sports related, I think a better way of getting them shut down is to post them here and ask for people to report them (by clicking "report item"). Five people reporting an auction is likely to get better results than one person on the phone. Plus, it's faster.