Home Precious Metals
Options

"Freedom Girl" silver

guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
I gotta say, I was unimpressed when I first heard of these "Freedon Girl" 1 oz. silver rounds made by Silver Bullet Silver Shield. And after looking at that video posted on here of the production of the "Slave Queen" rounds by the same company I was even more skeptical of the quality and whatnot.

Against my better judgement, I order some in UNC and Proof from Provident week before last. Wow, was I surprise when they came in today! These are really beautiful rounds and appear to be virtually flawless. It might be that I lucked up and got a good batch, but these are some really great looking silver. Glad I put caution to the wind and ordered some.

They seem to be doing really well on ebay also, especially the Proofs which I believe they are not striking anymore.
@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

Comments

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I agree.
    The ones I received from SBSS are pristine.
    Very well struck and spotless as you said. They really pop.
    I would definitely recommend ordering from Provident rather than directly due to the really poor customer service and very slow shipping from SBSS themselves as has been well documented on these boards.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it. They're rounds from a comparatively unknown mint.

At best, a round is a round is a round. Generic, not monetized.

At worst, they'll sell at a loss if I ever sell.

A pretty round is still a round. I wouldn't walk across the street to buy one at melt.

They just have no place in my stash.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

<< <i>I don't get it. They're rounds from a comparatively unknown mint.

A pretty round is still a round. I wouldn't walk across the street to buy one at melt.

They just have no place in my stash. >>

UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't get it. They're rounds from a comparatively unknown mint.

They just have no place in my stash. >>

See my comment in the other thread. Originally I wouldn't have agreed with you. But with no real mintage limit they are just cool looking rounds. I will probably stick to generic sunshine or silvertowne in the future. At least you don't have to wait two months for those.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    I intend to pick up a few, if anything for Christmas gifts this year. image
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    I bought one and the quality and design is amazingly beautiful much to my surprise. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    4 more designs coming soon.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    LowBudgetLowBudget Posts: 383 ✭✭
    something different always better than the same old shi*
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver rounds still make a nice stack.... I have a few, but mainly because I found them to be attractive. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like these! They make me want to pay $34 for $29 worth of silver!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>I like these! They make me want to pay $34 for $29 worth of silver! >>

Actually $31.90
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like these! They make me want to pay $34 for $29 worth of silver! >>

How cruel to rest of us!

You seem to imply you pay spot when you buy.

All of us suckers have been paying some juice on our purchases,
    while ol Baley got the inside dope.

Save us from ourselves dear Baley, show us the way!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    No.

Just not a fan of Gimmicks. Sorry if my opinion irritates you image

• Options
    Has anyone heard about their new Silver Round issue?

It's called the Falling Knife, and it features cutlery accelerating as it descends, cutting deeper at the grasping hands at each new level down.

The reverse depicts a large pile of silver teetering and tipping, burying the owner for a generation

The legend reads, "Keep on stacking!" and "This time it's different"

• Options
    UNLVinoUNLVino Posts: 416
    I like it, picked up a few from Provident as well. Took almost a month to get. I couldn't pull the trigger on the freedom reign one that was on sale for two days, $30 "minting premium" seemed high - maybe I'll regret that decision one day. I know I won't regret Freedom Girl.

I agree- for stacks the generic fill the void and I have some. But for hobby, I like to get ones I enjoy looking at and showing off, I am OK paying premium for what I want. Wouldn't call them numismatic, but would call them collectible. image
  • Options

<< <i>Has anyone heard about their new Silver Round issue?

It's called the Falling Knife, and it features cutlery accelerating as it descends, cutting deeper at the grasping hands at each new level down.

The reverse depicts a large pile of silver teetering and tipping, burying the owner for a generation

The legend reads, "Keep on stacking!" and "This time it's different" >>

Baley, don't hold back, let us know how you really feel image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Has anyone heard about their new Silver Round issue?

The legend reads, "Keep on stacking!" and "This time it's different" >>

Baley, don't hold back, let us know how you really feel image >>

I have to confess, that in past times, I've also paid way above spot for silver bullion bars such as PAMP, Degussa or Credit Suisse. However, a funny thing happened when it was time to sell, well, some other fool paid even a higher price than I. Supply & Demand, I suppose was the factor. Although I don't own any of the F.G. silver rounds, I suspect because of their design, they should fetch a reasonable premium when it's time to sell.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those girls knows how to spam some email, like a BOSS.
  • Options

<< <i>Those girls knows how to spam some email, like a BOSS. >>

You got that right.
  • Options
    I sold enough on the 'bay before the drop to pay for the few I kept. Was my plan all along.

They are pretty pretty pretty.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The proof version is quite nice.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These have a good pedigree. They are designed by Heidi Wastweet. She is on CCAC and was "chief engraver for Sunshine Mint for 11 years and lead designer/sculptor for Global Mint for 5 years." Here's her bio from CCAC:

<< <i>Heidi Wastweet is a leading American Medallist and sculptor who specializes in bas-relief bronzes. In conjunction with a wide variety of private mints she has produced over 1000 coins, medals, tokens and rare coin replicas since 1987. She was chief engraver for Sunshine Mint for 11 years and lead designer/sculptor for Global Mint for 5 years. In 2001 she opened her own studio and relocated from Idaho to Seattle Washington in 2002. She served as treasurer for the American Medallic Sculpture Association from 2003—2009 and is current president and founder of Seattle Sculpture Guild as well as a member of FIDEM. She has been included in Coin World and Coinage magazine and exhibits her non-commission work regularly including the National Sculpture Society in New York and the Norwegian Heritage Museum in Washington.

Medal and coin credits include a 7 coin set issued by the Sultanate of Darfur, the Dean's Award for Seattle University School of Law, Alumnus Award for Stephen F. Austin University, Mayo Clinic visiting physicians medal, Stanford University Alumni medal and Island records Willie Nelson portrait. In addition to medalic art she has also created a number of public art pieces including a recent commission for the University of Washington's Medal of Honor Monument in Seattle and eight bronze relief panels for 12 foot high church doors for St. Paul's in Pensacola, Florida. >>

Here's the description from the issuer:

<< <i>Freedom Girl is the first medallion in the Silver Bullet Silver Shield series done with full creative control given to Heidi Wastweet. Heidi is known for her images of strong and beautiful women, most notably, Pandora Defiant. Now she has created a new beauty for a new generation. >>

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Keep on stacking!" and "This time it's different" >>

Keep on stacking, this time it's the same. Nothing's changed, only the cost of the ticket. image

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know the approximate mintage (so far) of the uncs and the proofs?

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)