Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

With Apologies to RYK, GKellog, GBully, et al. - this is the only gold I own! (plus one)

CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

And I love it. We krill feed on zooplankton while watching the whales do their thing.

Edit: now more gold! (new piece courtesy of coinlieutenant)

imageimage
"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"

Comments

• Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    Pretty coin, rare that nice and undipped. Needs better plastic but that's an opinion
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    What a beauty and I'm a fan of that plastic image haha
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the better plastic needed.image
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    awesome coin. proof that big, brilliant, drool-worthy coins don't need to cost an absolute fortune.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous 25, irrespective of its wrapper. This is what 80 year-old peace dollars are supposed to look like.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Apology accepted! >>

I second that!

Catbert, nice 'gold' Peace Dollar
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623

<< <i>Yah love the coin, but better plastic is needed........wowimage
    what direction has the hobby gone to? >>

. Superb gem peace dollars outside of pcgs plastic is one of the weaker markets with the biggest spread in prices currently and for some time. Being a common date it isn't a killer but let it be a 27s or even a MS67 common date, It's a very very tough area of the market. Unlike UNC classic that are still UNC classics dispite the plastic and the only matter of conversation is a point or two, with ultra moderns the difference is normal widget vs special gem and buyers tend not to pay full to take a chance.
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yah love the coin, but better plastic is needed........wowimage
    what direction has the hobby gone to? >>

. Superb gem peace dollars outside of pcgs plastic is one of the weaker markets with the biggest spread in prices currently and for some time. Being a common date it isn't a killer but let it be a 27s or even a MS67 common date, It's a very very tough area of the market. Unlike UNC classic that are still UNC classics dispite the plastic and the only matter of conversation is a point or two, with ultra moderns the difference is normal widget vs special gem and buyers tend not to pay full to take a chance. >>

Hmmmm... Sounds like there could be some opportunities there.....image

Stunning Peace dollar by the way!!!! Naked would be gorgeous too (no plastic)

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    GeorgeKelloggGeorgeKellogg Posts: 1,251 ✭✭
    I like the golden toning!
    "Clamorous for Coin"
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one, had me fooled... I was expected to see a nice golden colored "red" S-mint Indian Cent image

Awesome looking Peace Dollar image
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    catbert I call first dibs and this post proves it imageD: j/k

Does this golden toning progress later on such as deepens or just stays this way?
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Very nice!
    Becky
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    B E A utiful.......with or without plastic.

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.... Hmmmm... Sounds like there could be some opportunities there...... >>

Surprised you omitted the image at the end of this sentence:image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options

<< <i>Does this golden toning progress later on such as deepens or just stays this way? >>

This gold has creamy centers! image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great coin, and the plastic does not matter.....however, you should get some 'real' gold.....much more satisfying...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, beautiful coin. Congrats! Definitely a stand out Peace dollar!
  • Options
    coinguy1989coinguy1989 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭

<< <i>Great coin, and the plastic does not matter..... >>

This.
  • Options
    coinguy1989coinguy1989 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭

<< <i>I agree with the better plastic needed.image >>

Dimeman, do you collect coins or do you collect plastic? Even if you are right (which I would disagree with) that every single NGC coin in the universe would grade at least one point lower at PCGS, as long as you get it at a fair price, who cares what the plastic says? It is the COIN that matters.

With this said, lovely original Peace Dollar. It is a great pick up.
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>.... Hmmmm... Sounds like there could be some opportunities there...... >>

Surprised you omitted the image at the end of this sentence:image >>

m

Should have been a big smile!!! Wanted to leave something for the imagination there though....
    Might help in the upgrades for some of my Peace set.....
    Very astute observation!!!

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats a real beauty ( bummer about the plastic thou, oh well, move on ). nice pick up
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a pretty gold coin!
  • Options
    wow very nice
  • Options
    A new Gold Buff added!
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me summarize:

I really hate NGC.

I really love PCGS.

I really hate that YOU rather than ME, owns that coin!

Re Cap:

DAMN you!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    38d buffs often come nice and that one is no exception. Way too common of a date as it was saved in ridiculas roll quantities so if one has to pick this date as type I would susgest combining layers of interest like one of the over mint marks for the date &(!) and an OGH with special toning for not much extra money. JMHO
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let me summarize:

I really hate NGC.

I really love PCGS.

I really hate that YOU rather than ME, owns that coin!

Re Cap:

DAMN you! >>

Now we all know why MW is the purveyor of truth and justice......did I forget?.....and the American Way. image
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>38d buffs often come nice and that one is no exception. Way too common of a date as it was saved in ridiculas roll quantities so if one has to pick this date as type I would susgest combining layers of interest like one of the over mint marks for the date &(!) and an OGH with special toning for not much extra money. JMHO >>

Crypto79, does the "H" in your JMHO stand for "hateful"? image

Catbert, lovely Buffalo nickel (and Peace Dollar)! Carry on...

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>38d buffs often come nice and that one is no exception. Way too common of a date as it was saved in ridiculas roll quantities so if one has to pick this date as type I would susgest combining layers of interest like one of the over mint marks for the date &(!) and an OGH with special toning for not much extra money. JMHO >>

Catbert, lovely Buffalo nickel (and Peace Dollar)! Carry on... >>

Humble, but typically people post to get feedback from people with different perspectives. My advice granted is on how to enjoy coins on the buy and sell side which is part if a complete picture and admittedly not nessacary for just pure old fashioned enjoyment. Not very enjoyable at sale time but that isn't everybody's motive, that said I am sure the OP enjoys the occasional old holder or mint mark variety.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Catbert, lovely Buffalo nickel (and Peace Dollar)! Carry on... >>

Humble, but typically people post to get feedback from people with different perspectives. My advice granted is on how to enjoy coins on the buy and sell side which is part if a complete picture and admittedly not nessacary for just pure old fashioned enjoyment. Not very enjoyable at sale time but that isn't everybody's motive, that said I am sure the OP enjoys the occasional old holder or mint mark variety. >>

I'm buried in this coin, but it really doesn't matter - especially at this price point. I bought it for type and will enjoy it as such accordingly. The doubled/tripled/duplicate mint mark version, while interesting in a miniscule way, is not necessary for my complete enjoyment of the artistry of the Buffalo nickel design. Throw in the pretty toning and it's a winner in MY book.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is radical tarnish on the Buff.... first I have seen like that.... hmmmmm, must do some experimentation...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i> but it really doesn't matter - especially at this price point. I bought it for type and will enjoy it as such accordingly. The doubled/tripled/duplicate mint mark version, while interesting in a miniscule way, is not necessary for my complete enjoyment of the artistry of the Buffalo nickel design. Throw in the pretty toning and it's a winner in MY book. >>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file