Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Please post something you think I'll like.

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm in dire need of entertainment and stimulation.

I have not had a cigarette in exactly 23 hours, now.

*gasp*

Trying very hard to be good.

Actually, I'm doing better than on past attempts to quit.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    You're right, Baley. I like that. image

Actually, I think that maybe instead of posting pathetic and lame "entertain me" threads on the forum, what I should probably be doing is getting some physical excercise.

Not one of my strong suits.

Maybe I'll dust off the metal detector and head out. It's sunny and fairly pleasant today.

So just post whatever YOU like on this thread. If it also happens to be something I like, so much the better. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    You're not as fat as you think you are?
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andrew Jackson re-living the Battle of New Orleans during the 1828 presidential election.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    kookoox10kookoox10 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    There you go CoinZip! What a great photo, that might get LM's juices flowing.
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

OhHeckYeah. I need to get up off me arse and go put the coil to the soil, that's what I need to do.

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    mingotmingot Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭
    I am on day 30. It gets easier. Good luck!
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with the quitting... You can do it.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Well, I already know you like this 'cause ya told me you did... but what the heel... image

Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. I hope you will too. image

• Options
    @mingot- good for you! Congrats on 30 days! I've got ONE day, now.

@flatwoods- oh yeah, you know I like that. Medals like that could seriously lead me astray down the path to exonumia.

I like how the cathedral medal detail in your avatar picture is so perfectly 3-D it looks like a sepia-toned photo of an actual cathedral interior. That's a testament to how well-engraved those pieces were, I guess.

• Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I like it. I hope you will too. image

image >>

Is this in Victoria, BC?
    Paul
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

It's mine now. I just picked this one up. Here's a "true" monster!!...CHD
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it up buddy,we're pulling for ya! Keep on thinking of something else. Like in the James Stewart movie,"Carbine Williams". Jimmy said something ,that I will never forget. He said," It is impossible to think of two things at the same time." That's why he invented the Carbine rifle (Carbine Williams) while spending time in prison. Williams invented the rifle to only think of the rifle,not prison! So keep focused on other things,my friend. You can do it. I hope this is what you'll like? -joey imageimage

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with kicking the addiction!

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do it LordM. Think about the savings, more money for coins!image
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck beating the death sticks! As previous posters have said, you can use the funds directly for coins, guilt-free, and you'll feel better as well!

As for something you'll like, here are a few of my ancients (with new and improved photographs!):

Syracuse dekadrachm:

Octavian aureus:

Antoninus Pius aureus:

Hadrian aureus:

Alexander the Great distater:
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of ANA convention medals belonging to a member ATS.

• Options

Is this in Victoria, BC?

pmac, The crystal palace was built in Hyde Park, London. Later moved and destroyed by fire in 1936.

More info. for those interested.

Crystal Palace
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm in dire need of entertainment and stimulation.

I have not had a cigarette in exactly 23 hours, now.

*gasp*

Trying very hard to be good.

Actually, I'm doing better than on past attempts to quit. >>

Bite on one of these.

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    Put the ciggies down and walk away slowly.....no, wait, RUN!

I tried to find a picture of a nastly looking worn out Shield Nickel but alas, you'll just have to imagine one of those that you buried me in....... image If you don't stop smoking, I'm gonna send them to you Certified Mail so you'll HAVE to handle them once more.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Oooh, that dekadrachm...

• Options
    BTW, I did go out digging.

Well, fossil hunting.

Found a few things.

Might post video over on the MD forum later, if it turned out. (First time with the new headmounted camera, so I dunno.)

• Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can do it!
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you do it bud. I can quit, it's staying away from the damn things is the hard part for me. I wish you all the best of luck my friend. Just look! Everyone is pulling for ya. Stay around for a while and enjoy all of the best the world has to offer. Hang in there....Joe
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    BrolBrol Posts: 266 ✭✭
    365 days and counting - I quit together with my wife last February. We saved approximately $2400 in one year. But the money is not most important. Finally, I can breath a little bit better and my car smells good. I smell a bit better too and my little boy don't see me sucking that cig.

• Options
    GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck shaking off the smoking monkey - big challenge, big reward (more money to spend on coins)....
  • Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭
    Good Luck L.M. !

I tried to quit a thousand times. The Nicotine Patch was the only thing that worked for me.
    It made the process almost painless.

Haven't smoked for 11 years now.

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is this in Victoria, BC?

pmac, The crystal palace was built in Hyde Park, London. Later moved and destroyed by fire in 1936.

More info. for those interested.

Crystal Palace >>

Flatwoods, the medal you have was created by John Pinches of Sydenham, England to commemorate the New York Crystal Palace( a smaller scale reproduction of the London Crystal Palace), which was constructed for the "Exposition for the Industry of All Nations" during 1853-1854. The London Crystal Palace was constructed earlier, as the venue for the London International Exposition in 1851.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    Are you sure?
  • Options
    With apologies for the phone pics
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H.L. Mencken
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WINGS. image
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck quitting smoking, you can do it, I know you can.
    A bit of honest wear for ya Rob image

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How 'bout this?

From a fun trip to Topsail Island.

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here Rob...a circ cam ferun coin that is so wacky looking, i thought for sure it was a contemporary conterfiet. I dont normally post newps until they arrive, but what the heck, I really dont
    think anyone would call this a cherrypick ! ( accept me...in my own weird way...)image

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options

edit to fix pic linksimage
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    Here ya go. I have not yet figured out to create the reflections using Spacemonkey's templates. Oh well, shadows will do for the time being.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file