Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Official 2013 BBCE PSA Group Break #2.....LETS POST SOME SCANS!!!!!!

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my DS pack and 81 wax and cello packs on Saturday via USPS...I like the way Steve packaged the DS packs!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • No clue what is going on with my order. I have to cross the border to pick it up and have not received an invoice via email that I need to do this. Have emailed a half dozen times, no reply.
  • cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No clue what is going on with my order. I have to cross the border to pick it up and have not received an invoice via email that I need to do this. Have emailed a half dozen times, no reply. >>

Call Steve in the morning. He will take care of you.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Gents, excuse, will post outcomes of rippage on the original group rip thread (as pm requested by rip owner) here in place of separating out on alternate posts. I got the Chipper. Unfortunately with it being a bit off center, it was also the gum card. Expecting a 'PSA 7 OCST' on it. This would be the first double qualifier card ever designated if they grade it as such. 1 of 1 that would be.

• SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Back to being bummed that I missed out on the 76 cellos. >>

It is ridiculous that this was not changed to one per pack. Why? Because a few select members decided they wanted two packs. These are group breaks and the group gets to decided what the rules are not a select few. If I have to be the jerk about this, then I will but you guys know it's the fair thing to do. I didn't even want any 76 packs but it p*sses me off when I see members requesting one per pack and the reply is "It's the right thing to do." Give me a BREAK.

The same goes for the empties. My request to do a lottery for the empties was ignored several times. When I contact Steve about possibly getting one, guess what, they had already all been claimed. So basically the guys in the "know" got all the empties. That's not the way this is supposed to work people. You guys are abusing this great thing we have going and it needs to stop. >>

You are 100% correct.

You are kidding me or flat out lying if you think it is difficult to say, "Hey. For this particular box it is one per customer."

And I did organize a small group rip back in the day, so I know what it entails. Come on people, it's not like putting together a group sub. This was poorly done.

Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enough sour grapes...if you do not like how it is run, do not participate. Mark did all of the leg work and made this happen where others would be lost even trying. He even said that he has historically followed a certain system, so it is laid out in black and white for all to see. When you do your group rip, you can set the rules however you like.
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    +1 on no more whining. I have been shut on on plenty of packs--

there's no crying in group rips!!!
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Back to being bummed that I missed out on the 76 cellos. >>

It is ridiculous that this was not changed to one per pack. Why? Because a few select members decided they wanted two packs. These are group breaks and the group gets to decided what the rules are not a select few. If I have to be the jerk about this, then I will but you guys know it's the fair thing to do. I didn't even want any 76 packs but it p*sses me off when I see members requesting one per pack and the reply is "It's the right thing to do." Give me a BREAK.

The same goes for the empties. My request to do a lottery for the empties was ignored several times. When I contact Steve about possibly getting one, guess what, they had already all been claimed. So basically the guys in the "know" got all the empties. That's not the way this is supposed to work people. You guys are abusing this great thing we have going and it needs to stop. >>

You are 100% correct.

You are kidding me or flat out lying if you think it is difficult to say, "Hey. For this particular box it is one per customer."

And I did organize a small group rip back in the day, so I know what it entails. Come on people, it's not like putting together a group sub. This was poorly done. >>

You can act like a man!! What's the matter with you??
  • ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    As long as we are all crying in our milk, ive got a new rule for the group rips.

#1. During group rips that include 84 and 86 topps football, no member is allowed
    any packs of these until ChiefsFan1st gets all he wants!imageimage
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!

• << <i>Love the Wagner pack! Back to being bummed that I missed out on the 76 cellos. >>

I got shut out on my 76 cellos... maybe one or two commons worth sending in. But that's life. We all know ripping typically results in a loss. It's the thrill that holds value.

To those that still have unripped 76 cellos, I either 1) just increased the chances you'll pull something nice; or 2) increased the value of the pack you'll leave unopened.

Either way, you're welcome. image

• << <i>+1 on no more whining. I have been shut on on plenty of packs--

there's no crying in group rips!!! >>

+1
    I have no collecting direction. I just buy stuff!
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Enough sour grapes...if you do not like how it is run, do not participate. Mark did all of the leg work and made this happen where others would be lost even trying. He even said that he has historically followed a certain system, so it is laid out in black and white for all to see. When you do your group rip, you can set the rules however you like. >>

Less bishing and more ripping, por favor.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    I thought I was shut out so I didn't check back on the thread to see that another box of '91 DS was added. Mark PM'd me to ask why I haven't paid. Whoops! Happy that I got a pack though, thanks again.

Paid.

2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • My package came fresh this morning. Before I get into what I got, hats off again to Steve at BBCE. Not only did 2 of the 85 Fleer cellos come with stars on top (Eric Davis rookie and Wade Boggs), but I also got the 85 topps football empty box with cards on the bottom (photos to come later). Also ordered an 85 donruss rack pack, which came with a Pete Rose on top. Got some awesome stuff which I am really excited to rip through. Everything came in perfect shape as always. I will probably not get to the packs tonight, but either tomorrow night or the following I will post pics for everyone. Very exciting!!!
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I paid last Monday. Hopefully, it arrives today.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Wait, oh yes wait a minute UPS man
    Wait, wait UPS man
    UPS man look and see
    If you've got a package in your truck for me,
    I been waiting for such a long, long time
    For BBCE cuz it's rippin' time.
    There must be some goods today
    From my card dealer so far away.
    Please UPS man look and see
    If there's a package in your truck for me
    I been standing here and waiting UPS man,
    So patiently
    For baseball star cards or just a common,
    So 3rd party graders can grade it for me.
    So many days you passed me by,
    See the tear standing in my eye.
    You didn't stop to make me feel better,
    By leaving me a rare insert card with a letter
    You've got to wait a minute, wait a minute
    Wait
    Check it and see, one more time for me
    Deliver MY STUFF! , the sooner the better......

• << <i>Wait, oh yes wait a minute UPS man
    Wait, wait UPS man
    UPS man look and see
    If you've got a package in your truck for me,
    I been waiting for such a long, long time
    For BBCE cuz it's rippin' time.
    There must be some goods today
    From my card dealer so far away.
    Please UPS man look and see
    If there's a package in your truck for me
    I been standing here and waiting UPS man,
    So patiently
    For baseball star cards or just a common,
    So 3rd party graders can grade it for me.
    So many days you passed me by,
    See the tear standing in my eye.
    You didn't stop to make me feel better,
    By leaving me a rare insert card with a letter
    You've got to wait a minute, wait a minute
    Wait
    Check it and see, one more time for me
    Deliver MY STUFF! , the sooner the better...... >>

LOL! Nice little ode to the mailman. I just picked up a bunch of packs from BBCE, and spent my entire March card budget. And not even 5 minutes later they put up some stuff I wish I had waited for like 78 baseball wax, 79 wax, and 79 cellos! Now I have to wait for April to get my unopened fix, maybe I should make a song too so I can pass the time easier. Is there a next scheduled group rip, or is it just when the timing is right for all involved? Either way thank you for this service gentleman, and BBCE!
    I collect vintage PSA graded SF Giants, Willie Mays, McCovey, Cepeda, Marichal and Perry. And modern players like Buster Posey, Will Clark and Barry Bonds.

youtube acct
  • KremsKrems Posts: 347 ✭✭
    My package has arrived! As a positive note, I think I got one of the empty desert storm boxes........or maybe its just a plain 1991 Topps box. Oh well! It would have been cool if they stamped the cards on the bottom of the box.
  • PFBPFB Posts: 271 ✭✭
    Paid in full - PFB

Thanks!
    PFB
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Package arrived!
    But I won't be home until 7:30!

It's going to be a long two hours.......
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

They are here !

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    U.P.S. just left. Thanks again to op for putting this on and to bbce for beautiful box
    and packs. They look like they were made last week!! image

I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • I ripped through mine pretty quick. My 81 Cello yielded a dead centered 81 Valenzuela with gem corners and perfect registration. Of course it was the gum card. Nothing else special. Ripped 2 of each: 1983,1984,1985, 1998 SPx FB, 1979-80 BKB, 1981 BB cello, 1985 BB racks (brutal). I did get a 1983 Marcus Allen that was OC and a 1979-80 Bill Walton. In 1984 FB Montana dead centered but had a tiny indention. Also in 1984 Walter Payton was OC. The Fernando was a definite 9 without the gum stain and did have a shot.

Jason
  • sorry for the ugly bed sheet pattern

these are the packs i got today in their unopened form. no ripping yet.

• Those 82 Donruss wax boxes sure are nice looking. Good luck on your ripping fellas.
  • Cory1976Cory1976 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Received my 82 Donruss wax box and 4 (84) FB packs. Box is mint and packs are clean. Still debating on opening the 84 FB packs.
    Cory
  • custom352custom352 Posts: 107 ✭✭
    My packs arrived to St. Joseph, Missouri. I'm surprised how many others are from the same area!
    I really like how Steve packaged the Desert Shield packs! They should make a habit of it on high end packs!

• Friday, i followed the UPS guy up my driveway only to be handed a package from Nordstrom that my wife ordered. Monday, i again followed him up my driveway to be handed a package from Steve Hart. :-) Got right into ripping my packs but nothing ebut no RC...None worth grading. I did get 1/4 of the 1985 Cardinals team set in my 2 rk packs
  • tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    I received my packs yesterday. I saved the 2 desert shield packs as well as both of my 85 fleer cellos. One had Reggie Jackson on the back and the other had Alvin Davis on the front. Now at least back in 85 Alvin Davis was worth saving. The rest of the break didn't yield much at all. I will say the 82 donruss boxes look like they just came directly from topps!! They are perfect.
    The best part of yesterday's mail was getting my 70s/80s quarter baseball card vending machine!! Does anyone remember these or have one of them?

Thanks again to Mark for setting this up and to Steve and his crew for supplying the great material!
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    I will say the 82 donruss boxes look like they just came directly from topps!! They are perfect.

Yikes!!!! if those Donruss boxes did come directly from Topps -- Houston we have a problem......image
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Are people laying low with their '76 cellos or have they simply not received them yet. I am definitely long overdue for one of those great top card cellos- in my book anywayimage
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Yeah lets see more 76 cellos!!!!! I haven't ripped my packs yet. At a tap takeover right now. Whoo hoo!
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    I received my packs yesterday and ripped them today. I got all fb 80 and 85s were oc t/b pretty bad and got a Moon rookie but oc. 84s were really nice and got a Elway rookie and 89 score were great got a Dion Sanders rookie. I just like to thank Mark and Steve for a great job they do with these rips. I will try to post scans later when I get time.

Scott
  • tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I will say the 82 donruss boxes look like they just came directly from topps!! They are perfect.

Yikes!!!! if those Donruss boxes did come directly from Topps -- Houston we have a problem......image >>

Lmao!!! Good catch. Yes we would have a huge problem. I guess I'm brainwashed as most of the stuff I buy is topps....
    Steve told me he was packaging the DS packs in a tamper proof way. Do they actually say "Desert Shield" anywhere on his packaging? Very nice of him to do that.
  • pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭
    I purchased 81 Topps baseball, 84 Donruss baseball, 85 Fleer Baseball. All the cards were exceptionally crisp....but not one star card!!

Thank you again for doing this! It's always a great experience.

Paul
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Desert Shield packs arrived safely.

I put one away to keep sealed for now and opened the second one.

Here are the scans with one hopefully "lucky" card? image

The three in CS1's I plan to have graded.

Do you think any others should be graded or any of these three shouldn't be graded?

I also love the way Steve packaged these.

Joe

• jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received my packs today. My best cards were a 1981 Topps Pete Rose and a 1983/94 Wanye Gretzky card, both had the gum stuck to them.
    James
    Did you double post the same scan or did the pack have 6 duplicates?

Great looking Griffey, wow!

<< <i>Did you double post the same scan or did the pack have 6 duplicates?

Great looking Griffey, wow! >>

Ooops

Joe
  • bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    *sigh* waiting for BBCE shipments make Jack a dull boy.
  • mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭
    Mine came today in Seattle. I only open four of my hockey packs. Rest will go on display and/or storage. Gretzky is a 9 or 10 - sweet pull! I would have been happier a few years ago with the Clemens, but still a nice rack. Fuhr is going to the freezer.

Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • I don't believe that Gretzky is a 10 from where I'm sitting at but it is very nice however. Great 85 rack with Clemens on top. I wouldn't mind having one of those. Great stuff you got - and you haven't even opened it all.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This "slap" in Texas received his package de BBCE today. You know you're insatiable when you open the box and murmur to yourself, "Damn, these are nice".........then immediately start wondering when the next feeding frenzy is.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here are the scans with one hopefully "lucky" card? image

image >>

homina-homina-homina!!
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Let me start by saying that I have never been able to link up a scan to these boards.image

I posted earlier about thisbeing my time for a pull. Heard the truck outside, grabbed the box, shot inside to open, just waiting to see that Aaron adorn the front of my cello. Open the box, toss my DS aside and my 2 1976 football and what do I see? Its not the Brewers. But in that same split second of disappointment a big smile awoke as I read the team name Mets. Tommy Terrific babyimage Not only that, but he looks nicely centered with just a slight tilt.

Not sure what to do about the scan. I am happy, especially considering I was only able to get 1 cello.

Thanks Mark and thanks Steve.
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭
    Too bad on the T/B centering on the Blauser. It is a pop 1.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

• << <i>

<< <i>Here are the scans with one hopefully "lucky" card? image

image >>

homina-homina-homina!! >>

I know - that is a sweet looking Redus. Dayum!!!!! image
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets

<< <i>
    I know - that is a sweet looking Redus. Dayum!!!!! image >>

Joe

<< <i>Too bad on the T/B centering on the Blauser. It is a pop 1. >>

I saw that but the card has no chance.

There seems to be some chipping on the edges on most cards including the Blauser.

Fortunately the edges on the Griffey Wathan and Redus looked good.

I sent the three off with my renewal 6 card voucher. Hoping for the best.

Joe