Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Official 2013 BBCE PSA Group Break #2.....LETS POST SOME SCANS!!!!!!

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paid in full! Thansk again for setting this up, Mark!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • ssollarsssollars Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭
    All paid up!
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Paid, Thanks Mark
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Paid. Thanks again Mark.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    paid thanks
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭
    Paid

Robb
  • AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    Paid.
  • schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭
    Paid via phone call to BBCE.

Thanks for organizing!
    Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"
  • KremsKrems Posts: 347 ✭✭
    Paid! Thanks again!!
  • wronglegwrongleg Posts: 441 ✭✭
    Paid and added 81 Fleer and 89 Fleer boxes. :-)
  • bigdogpartybigdogparty Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Thanks Steve for the fast shipping. UPS from Chicago to St Louis should only take 1-2 days so i should have my packs soon.
  • All Paid up!

Brian
    I have no collecting direction. I just buy stuff!

• << <i>Paid and added 81 Fleer and 89 Fleer boxes. :-) >>

Are you planning on opening the 89 Fleer box? I rippped 2 boxes recently and was really disappointed. Out of 2 boxes I only pulled 1 Griffey, 0 Randy Johnson, 0 Billy Ripken. I dont know if this is normal or something just seemed off about it. I am curious how your experience is.

• Paid today. Thanks Mark!
  • lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭
    All paid. Thanks again to Mark for getting another nice rip together!
  • bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Paid and added 81 Fleer and 89 Fleer boxes. :-) >>

Are you planning on opening the 89 Fleer box? I rippped 2 boxes recently and was really disappointed. Out of 2 boxes I only pulled 1 Griffey, 0 Randy Johnson, 0 Billy Ripken. I dont know if this is normal or something just seemed off about it. I am curious how your experience is. >>

I opened a rack box a while back and got 0 of each. I did get 3 Nolan Ryans and I think (seriously) 7-8 Kal Daniels.
  • initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    paided
  • Came home and found this image

And for those wondering - this will stay just like this and go into my closet with my others sealed wax boxes. Sorry fellas. lol

• Nice pick up! image
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    SICK NICE!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Paid.

Thanks for all the work you put into this.

Jason

• << <i>Came home and found this image

And for those wondering - this will stay just like this and go into my closet with my others sealed wax boxes. Sorry fellas. lol

image >>

Definitely a great box and '84 is a great looking set. Nice pick up and certainly one to put on the shelf. Congratulations.
    Doug
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Thanks. Funny thing about it was that I wasn't even planning on picking this box until I came across a thread about a week ago or 2 ago that mentioned something along the lines of "what wax boxes do you own and what do you want next" or something similar to that. So I wrote that I wanted a 1980 Topps wax box followed by a 1984 Donruss box. Well the group rip was announced and I was like "ok, lets get this 84 Donruss out of the way" and so just like that, I ordered one. Simple enough, and I wasn't even drunk. lol

• << <i>Thanks. Funny thing about it was that I wasn't even planning on picking this box until I came across a thread about a week ago or 2 ago that mentioned something along the lines of "what wax boxes do you own and what do you want next" or something similar to that. So I wrote that I wanted a 1980 Topps wax box followed by a 1984 Donruss box. Well the group rip was announced and I was like "ok, lets get this 84 Donruss out of the way" and so just like that, I ordered one. Simple enough, and I wasn't even drunk. lol >>

I get delirious during these group rips.
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Get home at 6:30 and starving after a long day. While I am outside still, I hear the heavenly sound of the UPS truck coming down the block. Please stop, please stop, please stop ...... YEEEEESSSSSS. Parks right out in front of the house. I'm no longer hungry. I have fast forwarded to which pack do I open first? '76 cello, '91 DS or the '76 Football I added. Lets see Eckersley rookie, Payton rookie or my first ever hands on 1991 DS? And like an epiphany, it hits me like a pink bunny outfit on Christmas morning ---------------- he's freakin going to the house across the street. To add insult to injury, I lost my appetite too.

There's always tomorrow
  • ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Get home at 6:30 and starving after a long day. While I am outside still, I hear the heavenly sound of the UPS truck coming down the block. Please stop, please stop, please stop ...... YEEEEESSSSSS. Parks right out in front of the house. I'm no longer hungry. I have fast forwarded to which pack do I open first? '76 cello, '91 DS or the '76 Football I added. Lets see Eckersley rookie, Payton rookie or my first ever hands on 1991 DS? And like an epiphany, it hits me like a pink bunny outfit on Christmas morning ---------------- he's freakin going to the house across the street. To add insult to injury, I lost my appetite too.

There's always tomorrow
    image >>

Heck, go get their stuff. It might be something cooler!!image
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • custom352custom352 Posts: 107 ✭✭
    I'm all paid up.

BTW, Planned on adding some '76 Football wax, but the members of this rip bought out all 23 packs.
  • metsmets Posts: 243 ✭✭
    All Paid and added a few things to go along with my lonely 2 packs image

• abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I am all paid up as well. Thanks again for the effort.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• I'm all paid up and couldn't help but order some more once talking bbce. Just their professionalism and great attitude resulted in me buying a couple extra boxes.
    Thanks mark
  • ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Paid. Thanks gents.
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else get their packs yet? If so, let's see some scans. Let us know if you got any stars on the '76 cello packs. I haven't received mine yet but will post scans when I get them. The '76 packs will stay closed as will the '82 DR box. I'll probably open the '81 topps cellos just for S's and G's.
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    No delivery today.

Have to wait til Monday now.

Joe
  • Danny Thompson and Roy Howell backs.

• Soooooooooo, ahem, should I bust em? image
  • tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Soooooooooo, ahem, should I bust em? image >>

Of course!!!
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Wagner pack! Back to being bummed that I missed out on the 76 cellos.
    Daniel
  • AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭

<< <i>Back to being bummed that I missed out on the 76 cellos. >>

It is ridiculous that this was not changed to one per pack. Why? Because a few select members decided they wanted two packs. These are group breaks and the group gets to decided what the rules are not a select few. If I have to be the jerk about this, then I will but you guys know it's the fair thing to do. I didn't even want any 76 packs but it p*sses me off when I see members requesting one per pack and the reply is "It's the right thing to do." Give me a BREAK.

The same goes for the empties. My request to do a lottery for the empties was ignored several times. When I contact Steve about possibly getting one, guess what, they had already all been claimed. So basically the guys in the "know" got all the empties. That's not the way this is supposed to work people. You guys are abusing this great thing we have going and it needs to stop.

• << <i>

It is ridiculous that this was not changed to one per pack. Why? Because a few select members decided they wanted two packs. These are group breaks and the group gets to decided what the rules are not a select few. If I have to be the jerk about this, then I will but you guys know it's the fair thing to do. I didn't even want any 76 packs but it p*sses me off when I see members requesting one per pack and the reply is "It's the right thing to do." Give me a BREAK.

The same goes for the empties. My request to do a lottery for the empties was ignored several times. When I contact Steve about possibly getting one, guess what, they had already all been claimed. So basically the guys in the "know" got all the empties. That's not the way this is supposed to work people. You guys are abusing this great thing we have going and it needs to stop. >>

Mark puts in a tremendous amount of work to organize these group breaks. I think the vast majority of us take our hats off to him. Since you're not happy with the way it's done I only see one of two possible scenarios:
    1) Choose not to participate on any break you don't feel is fair.
    2) You organize a group break and you set the rules for it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost

• << <i> Mark puts in a tremendous amount of work to organize these group breaks. I think the vast majority of us take our hats off to him. Since you're not happy with the way it's done I only see one of two possible scenarios:
    2) You organize a group break and you set the rules for it. >>

And if you organize one and you have items that appeal to me, I'd love to participate.

• << <i>

The same goes for the empties. My request to do a lottery for the empties was ignored several times. When I contact Steve about possibly getting one, guess what, they had already all been claimed. So basically the guys in the "know" got all the empties. That's not the way this is supposed to work people. You guys are abusing this great thing we have going and it needs to stop. >>

While I agree with you, there was a box of Football that only had 18 packs in the box and I was able to get 2 of those. I missed out on the 76 cellos and was upset, but saved myself 96 bucks in the process (which I quickly spent getting other stuff off his site).
  • ManofmoeManofmoe Posts: 264 ✭✭
    Paid up
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Mark puts in a tremendous amount of work to organize these group breaks. I think the vast majority of us take our hats off to him. Since you're not happy with the way it's done I only see one of two possible scenarios:

+1

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

+1 >>

+2
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    My coworker pulled these...

• ssollarsssollars Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭
    Report on my 8 FB packs (2-80s, 2-82s, 2-83s, 2-84s).

1 star card, '84 Howie Long but with major tilt and a little OC.

15 well centered commons of which 8 would be submittable.
    ----- 4 - '80s - 3
    ----- 1 - '82s - 0
    ----- 6 - '83s - 1
    ----- 4 - '84s - 4

Scott
  • cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    My guess is UPS will be delivering a bunch of un-opened on Monday.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
    Nothing here yet. And Im just next door in Missouri. Of course, until today, we have been
    eyeball deep in snow. Hoping for Monday.
  • Chiefs.....IM in NW Missouri as well. Still waiting. My guess is Monday, but I have plenty of wax here to rip as well.

<< <i>Chiefs.....IM in NW Missouri as well. Still waiting. My guess is Monday, but I have plenty of wax here to rip as well. >>

No doubt. North central for me about 35 miles south of the Iowa border. Im not in a big hurry,
    mine will set on the shelf and collect dust.