Home Precious Metals

What I like about PMs.

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
You can have a display case full of different PMs and sell mostly any of it for more than it is worth. Mostly all new and old.
And you have a chance at buying some for less than it is worth. (Now there's a bit of speculation and investment there as base could go up or down.)

You could have another display case full of 1s, 5s, 10s, 100s, and it would be a lot harder to sell anything for more then what they are worth. Except something collectible, but the regular stuff is never above face value. And if a customer came by and pointed to a dollar, and said what is that really worth, what could you say, 81 cents? And the longer you held stock, the value would go down because of inflation.

(I got 125 Rosie dimes today for $2 each.)
COA

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus, they look good and feel 'substantial' when you hold them in your hand...image Cheers, RickO
  • chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    funny that this post came up,as I was about to post something about converting my silver to dividend yielding stocks....my thinking was that stocks would be easier for my wife to convert to cash than silver would be..... I,m sure there are some alternate views on this image
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Well, one thing about cashing in a stock. The price is the price. With pms, the actual price varies depending upon how its sold as well.
    Typically when someone gets gold jewelry they go to a We Buy Gold shop, so if the stuff gets sold that way, its a big loss. You'd need a plan
    ahead of time for your heirs to handle the sale if inexperienced. Hey, I think you should start that post, Chumley.
    COA
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>funny that this post came up,as I was about to post something about converting my silver to dividend yielding stocks....my thinking was that stocks would be easier for my wife to convert to cash than silver would be..... I,m sure there are some alternate views on this image >>

our host's stock pays a dividend of over 11%image If you've invested in physical PM's within the last 2 years...you are under water & they do not pay a dividend. If you are a "Doomsday Prepper" or believe that the dollar will be worthless within your lifetime, hold on to your physical stash.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you have a chance at buying some for less than it is worth

Everyday, stocks sell for more or less than they are worth. Everyday.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear