Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

saw a sign in the post office:

derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
"Delivery Confirmation is now called USPS Tracking"

No more delivery confirmation form to be filled out, just tell the clerk you want USPS tracking. Tracking number will be on your receipt.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    When I was just at the post office last week, they said that delivery confirmation is included with your flat rate priority mail price

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately my PO didn't get the memo and don't know what's going on with that. Convincing them is an impossible effort.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been printing those type of labels from home since they did the change over last year.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When I was just at the post office last week, they said that delivery confirmation is included with your flat rate priority mail price >>

Yep...used it on a regular priority mail box last week or two. When I paid for the postage online (USPS.COM), it sent the info to my email and I could track it. It also sent me email when it arrived at the destination PO and when it was picked up/signed for. Pretty nice. No charge.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>Yep...used it on a regular priority mail box last week or two. When I paid for the postage online (USPS.COM), it sent the info to my email and I could track it. It also sent me email when it arrived at the destination PO and when it was picked up/signed for. Pretty nice. No charge. >>

Priority Mail flat rate envelope last month without tracking = $5.15
    Priority Mail flat rate envelope this month with tracking = $5.60
    No charge? No way.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yep...used it on a regular priority mail box last week or two. When I paid for the postage online (USPS.COM), it sent the info to my email and I could track it. It also sent me email when it arrived at the destination PO and when it was picked up/signed for. Pretty nice. No charge. >>

Priority Mail flat rate envelope last month without tracking = $5.15
    Priority Mail flat rate envelope this month with tracking = $5.60
    No charge? No way. >>

Let's cut the BS and just be straight and non-argumentative for once, ok?

I wanted to ship something and went online to do it.
    I put in the data and got the quote.
    I was asked if I wanted the tracking. I said yes.
    The price for the quote did not change.

Therefore, it is "no charge".

Irrelevant at that point if the price had gone up ahead of time and this is part of any overall increase.

Simple, yes? Yet, I am sure you will be argumentative and go for the final word as I doubt I have ever seen you accept what anyone else, particularly a non-dealer, has had to say about anything around here.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Apologies if I hurt your non-dealer feelings by stating an opinion which differed from yours.

Is that non-argumentative enough for you? I sure hope so. image
  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    All Priority Mail includes delivery confirmation now.
    Signature confirmation is an additional $2.70, less if done online.
  • Options
    mommam17mommam17 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    Started printing labels at home and getting packages picked up at home. Should of done this sooner with lines at Post office to the door.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-charge delivery confirmation when shipping Priority Mail and buying postage online has been around for quite a while. The name change was just to make it sound more like what it was and less like it was confirming that the intended recipient actually received the item. I'd still like them to (1) stop putting the expected delivery date on Registered mail, and (2) e-mail or text me when something is scanned into my PO Box.
  • Options
    My mail carrier told me that later this year his scanner for tracking will be real time wireless so if he scans something delivered down at the boxes I will be able to read it with just a short delay. If they keep up the improvements Messy might get his wish.
  • Options

<< <i>No-charge delivery confirmation when shipping Priority Mail and buying postage online has been around for quite a while. The name change was just to make it sound more like what it was and less like it was confirming that the intended recipient actually received the item. I'd still like them to (1) stop putting the expected delivery date on Registered mail, and (2) e-mail or text me when something is scanned into my PO Box. >>

A text or email would be awesome, my pharmacy does that when my prescriptions are in and I like it.
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I'm happy when (1) the clerk isn't rude and doesn't make up new rules out of thin air, and (2) my package/parcel actually arrives.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unfortunately my PO didn't get the memo and don't know what's going on with that. Convincing them is an impossible effort. >>

...you dare to question the PO? image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Unfortunately my PO didn't get the memo and don't know what's going on with that. Convincing them is an impossible effort. >>

its the government, what do you expect.
  • Options
    Shipped today small flat-rate priority box and handed the delivery slip with it - the Post Office clerk told me "you no longer need it - it now comes with the tracking number". Not bad for $5.80 flat rate ....
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No-charge delivery confirmation when shipping Priority Mail and buying postage online has been around for quite a while. >>

For several years now.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Two days ago and yesterday I shipped ebay sales, both times asking for first class with tracking out of the USPS post office.

Packages shipped two days ago track in the system. Packages shipped yesterday do not. What's up with that, I wonder?

Inquiring today as to the reason for non-tracking, it turns out that when the clerk designates first class postage w/tracking, the tracking label printer spits out a label, it gets affixed to the package and it gets tracked. Right? WRONG!

The clerk also has turn on the $.90 charge for tracking for it to truly track.

@ symbols are not on the receipt.

It turns out that my non-tracking packages can be tracked, IF I CALL OR VISIT THE FREAKING POST OFFICE and ask where it is.

Why on earth does the USPS have a system that for $.90 you can use the internet to find out where your package is, but for free you can suck up some postal employees' time to find out where your package is? Why isn't tracking an automatic $.90 charge? Srsly. WTF?

@ symbols. Then you'll be good to go.

But, in closing, you can get tracking and not pay for it. It just doesn't work on the internet. Crazy.
  • Options
    If it is eBay sales just print your shipping label with the link in eBay it automatically links it and it costs less than what it does at the counter. Print on plain paper cut out with scissors and clear tape it to the bubble mailer.image

BTW I put three or four of these in the pick-up box almost every day except Sunday.
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Just sent something first class.
    I didn't see the del conf form.
    I told the clerk "there's no form". She said they don't use the form it costs 90 cents for tracking.
    I said ok and the tracking number is on the receipt.
    Nice that no form is needed.
    Ed

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file