Home Precious Metals

Why Buying Silver Coins is One of the Hottest Trends of 2013

Why Buying Silver Coins is One of the Hottest Trends of 2013
by Tony Daltorio
Money Morning

So far in 2013, buying silver coins has been one of investors' favorite ways to profit from a climb in the white metal's price.

The demand for physical silver from small investors in the form of coins is really remarkable. A record 7.5 million ounces of silver coins were sold in January.

In mid-January, the U.S. Mint was forced to announce that it was forced to suspend sales of the 1-ounce American Eagle silver bullion coins because, after just two weeks, it was sold out of its entire inventory.

Silver bullion coin sales were strong going into the close of last year as investors became concerned over the state of the U.S. economy with Congress debating the fiscal cliff and the debt ceiling.
Wild and crazy silver coin buying in 2013!

Comments

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far in 2013, buying silver coins has been one of investors' favorite ways to profit

I love these quotes. Every single retail buyer of silver in 2013 has a LOSS. But who cares about facts?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    I trust all articles that also have ads offering Del Monte fruit cøcktail.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this article was originally printed in 2011image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should I be incensed that I haven't made any money on the silver that I bought 2 weeks ago?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I trust all articles that also have ads offering Del Monte fruit cøcktail. >>

light or heavy syrup? image
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So far in 2013, buying silver coins has been one of investors' favorite ways to profit

I love these quotes. Every single retail buyer of silver in 2013 has a LOSS. But who cares about facts? >>

I wish the weaker hands would have sold after 2012. I honestly hope to not have to touch my silver for at least 10 to 20 years.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Articles like this usually come from those who will profit by selling....image Cheers, RickO
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Articles like this usually come from those who will profit by selling....image Cheers, RickO >>

ayup!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry