Home Precious Metals
Options

PMs in 2013

I think PMs will trend upward in 2013, $1900 gold, $40 silver.
Of course I generally wrong! image

Comments

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if gas, electricity, coal, ect. will also be trending upwards as well.

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I think PMs will trend upward in 2013, $1900 gold, $40 silver.

If they haven't with all that should've made them do it by now, why would they then? Manipulation will never go away.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    As someone who has played this game for a long time my prediction is gold will be priced between $100 and $10,000, silver will be priced between $5 and $150. image
  • Options

<< <i>I'm wondering if gas, electricity, coal, ect. will also be trending upwards as well. >>

Look for a new round (or two) of quantitative easing in 2013/14.
    That's sure to drive up the price of most commodities price in $US.
    By the end of President Obama's second term I wouldn't be surprised at $3000 gold and $100 silver.
  • Options

<< <i>As someone who has played this game for a long time my prediction is gold will be priced between $100 and $10,000, silver will be priced between $5 and $150. image >>

A bold prediction! image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive heard $1400 gold and $16 silver. theres no bets here, ty
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>By the end of President Obama's second term I wouldn't be surprised at $3000 gold and $100 silver. >>

That would be surprising....Highly unlikely though. A more realistic scenario: Gold $1900...silver $47 by the e/o 2015. Only time will tell whose crystal ball or star gazing is more accurate.

For 2013..my c.b. tells me:

Gold: $1789
    Silver: $38.50
    Plat: $1795
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    The economy, depending on what you want to believe, is supposedly on an upswing or treading water at the very least. Why would metals rise if this is the case?
    There's too much uncertainty for me to make any real commitment to buy metals in any sizeable quantity right now. I'm buying the kind of bars I like and that's about it, unless of course I come across a quantity that would be foolish not to buy and flip like a pancake.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gold will hit 2000
    silver will hit 60

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << By the end of President Obama's second term I wouldn't be surprised at $3000 gold and $100 silver. >>

That would be surprising....Highly unlikely though.

I think it's possible, I also think that it's probably going to be a long 4 years.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold goes up every year
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see it , IMO next year the average price of both will be lower than this year.
  • Options
    I don't see it , IMO next year the average price of both will be lower than this year.

image If it hasn't happened with all that was supposed to drive it, why would it if things are supposedly getting better?
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold
    High of $1830
    Low of $1540

Silver
    High of $39
    Low of $19.50

Disclosure: Please note that my crystal ball does have a crack in it and could be off slightly as I dropped it when Ben decided to stop giving deadlines for easing and just tied QE to unemployment.

In the words of Ben "Buzz Lightyear" Bernanke QE "To infinity and beyond!"
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    I don't know what the inverse of a bubble is called, but I believe the PMs are in one, silver most of all. Even if it ran up to $50 in the next 6 mos, I would be hesitant to sell.
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think PMs will trend upward in 2013, $1900 gold, $40 silver. >>

Sounds about right. PM's will trend upward as will inflation and the national debt.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    I still like PM's long term, but for this year, or even next?????
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>gold will hit 2000 silver will hit 60 >>

I believe derryb..... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I believe derryb..... Cheers, RickO >>

Much higher if FED loses control of interest rates. Interest rates are the canary in the coal mine.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly Sideways, but trending lower as the metals consolidate:

Gold $1450 -$1550
    Silver $24-$26
  • Options
    I agree with the slow trend lower to the 1550 / 23 levels. Although I wouldn't mind it going up of course, but the lower prices would be preferred allowing my purchases to be in greater quantity of ozs.

That being said, I can see the metals exploding to the upside providing the markets finally get off of the sugar rush form the govt policies... But that would take logic. That seems to be lacking in America today...
    Remember that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

BSTs with: Coll3ctor, gsa1fan, mkman123, ajbauman, tydye, piecesofme, pursuitofliberty

Travelog - 20in20travels.com
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect sideways action or even a drop in prices. Good for continued stacking.

If I am wrong its good for net worth. Rising silver prices bring cool old poured bars out of hiding.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I believe derryb..... Cheers, RickO >>

Well if that happens, as the saying goes: "even a broken clock tells the correct time twice daily" image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Gold $1200

Silver $16

Platinum $1000 at end of 2013.

Due to Financial Collapse. PMs will be sold off like in 08 The Bernak Magic Money Machine where do wonders.

Magic Money
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    would love the opportunity to buy silver at sixteen 2013 dollars!
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not concerned about the short term (and yes, one year is short term for PM's).

It's at $30 dollars now:

Start at + or - $10 an ounce and increase these increments by $5 and I feel extremely confident we'll see........ $40 an ounce before $20 an ounce; $45 before $15; we'll see $50 before $10 and we'll see $55 before $5.

Invest in the long term trend.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold $1200

Silver $16

Due to Financial Collapse. PMs will be sold off like in 08 The Bernak Magic Money Machine where do wonders. >>

That would be below the current all-in cost to mine gold and silver. Certainly, that would cause a problem with miners supplying the market at current production rates.
    It would be no different than say auto dealers having to sell $20,000 new cars for $14,000. They wouldn't be able to withstand the losses for very long without cutting back
    on staff, inventory, etc. But no doubt the govt would step in to provide the necessary $6,000 per car subsidy to keep the game going longer. They would not do that with miners.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold $1200

Silver $16

Due to Financial Collapse. PMs will be sold off like in 08 The Bernak Magic Money Machine where do wonders. >>

That would be below the current all-in cost to mine gold and silver. Certainly, that would cause a problem with miners supplying the market at current production rates.
    It would be no different than say auto dealers having to sell $20,000 new cars for $14,000. They wouldn't be able to withstand the losses for very long without cutting back
    on staff, inventory, etc. But no doubt the govt would step in to provide the necessary $6,000 per car subsidy to keep the game going longer. They would not do that with miners.
    Miners were able to profit hansomely back in 2007-2009 at $700-$1,000 gold as their expense were well under control, especially exploration expenses. At today's $1650 gold they
    are actually doing worse than they were when gold was last at $1200. A return to that level could force many of them to close down unprofitable mines or even the entire company.
    Most don't have the cash reserves to withstand months (or years) of $1200 gold. Now if oil can drop to $25-$50/barrel again and skilled labor and supplies get real cheap as well, then
    maybe then can make a go of it. As long as money is being keystroked into existance at 10% per year I don't see how the cost of supplies and labor are going to drop off the map.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold