Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1912 - 1914 Canada $5 & $10 Hoard Being Sold!

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought this one from a Canadian coin dealer in January 2014:

Canada $10 1914 Gold

I just liked the design, it looked so "British".

I later bought a Canada $5 1913 which was not in as good shape.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WillieBoyd2

Very nice coin, practically free of marks/little chatter - very nice coin.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just love mine, I think it's accurately graded and the price was certainly right:

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland

Yes, a very very nice coin.

Whenever somebody next updates a general book on hoards, the nitty gritty details on this Canadian group should probably be in it, despite the fact it was never really lost.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2017 3:47PM

@DoubleEagle59 said:
    I hear a lot of Canadian coin dealers snickering that they are all just bullion right now.

I wouldn't pay a substantial premium for them that's for sure.

Here you have 100 year old coins with mintages that are not that high with a fair sized melt thrown into the mix. If the Canadian dealers are "snickering that they are all just bullion" regards of the grade, that shows a sad state of affairs for the Canadian coin market.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillDugan1959 Thanks.

I agree they deserve a place in a book on hoards. I like the story and they are beautiful coins!

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's my 1913 Ten. Bought it from Woody Snyder in Rochester, NY when I lived there back in 1975.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's wrong with me, I started reading this thread from page one, not looking at the dates, and thought this offer was happening now. :smile:
    I need a break. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    What's wrong with me, I started reading this thread from page one, not looking at the dates, and thought this offer was happening now. :smile:
    I need a break. :smile:

for the $10 coins, now is better - with some looking you can get a PCGS MS64 for under a grand

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file