Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone on the East Coast waiting for Frankenstorm

I live in Rhode Island and just preparing for it. Moved the memorabilia that was downstairs up off the ground and hopefully will not have much flooding.

Comments

• Options
    JaktJakt Posts: 573
    Waiting patiently and hoping that nothing bad happens here. Last year there was some serious damage done not too far from me.

Take anything of value and put it as high up on shelves on the top floor as possible. Keep your fingers crossed that this storm isn't as bad as they are predicting. Make sure you have enough scotch to last a few days.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • Options
    I'm in central Iowa. I hope everyone will be ok during the storm. It kinda looks like the perfect storm except a little stronger.
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    central NJ here
    awaiting it patiently
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Cape Cod here

could be interesting
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    North Shore of Central Long Island here. Just hoping that it does not get as bad as they say it can. Tied up the outside furniture ... put away any loose items ... just waiting now.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Reporting from the People's Republic Of Maryland . I live near the water and hoping flooding is not bad . We have very large trees near us that have been here for many years , but with 6-10 inches of rain soaking the ground and high winds , it might get interesting .

Government schools have already canceled for tomorrow , so our youngest 2 sons will have to wait for their schools to be called out . All I've been hearing is " Are we going to school ? Can we stay up late ? Over and over and over . Kinda like " Are we there yet ?"

A do expect the power to go down sometime tonight , most likely tomorrow and be out a few days . Hello Embassy !!!!------ Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    We are in Eastern PA, just ran to home depot for some extra down spout to take the water as far away as possible from my house and it was a zoo.

We have plenty of crown, bread, milk, eggs, flash lights and firewood and my cards and comics are high and dry so we will just sit back, relax, and wait for Sandy to happen...

Good luck to everyone closer to the coast!
    Collecting E254 1909 Colgans Chips
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm from South Carolina but am currently in Baltimore Md for work. It looks like the storm will hit a little north of here but there will be lots of rain and strong winds here. Not looking forward to it.
    James
  • Options
    Waiting but trying not to think about it. We are ready for what ever happens.
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Yep. Just North of Phila. here........(next town up) Just waiting for Sandy to happen. Did the rain gutters and battery things yesterday so we are ready.
    Stay safe everyone............
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Ardsley NY--about 15 miles due north of Ground Zero. Kids schools here already cancelled for Monday; decision on Tuesday due by 5 p.m. Monday. Work (University) has already closed shop for both days. Have been looking for backup D batteries for days. I swear there are none available for at least a 25 mile radius...

Winds mid 20's for gusts; no rain yet...
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was down at my fathers house today, (CT. coast) to help him prepare for Sandy. They are predicting bad stuff down there. Not too bad in my neck of the woods, (western Mass). Sustained winds of 30 mph. 1 to 3 inches of rain between Mon. and Wed. I have the generator all set and a case of Shipyard pumpkin head. Bring it on Sandy!
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Altoona, PA. Expecting a lot of rain and strong winds. Should be here soon.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    South central PA....Off work (school) already Monday and Tuesday. Gonna put some time into get some stuff into the eBay store I guess.
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    15 miles north of NYC
  • Options
    I hope none of you have any property damage or injuries!
  • Options
    I'm in northern NJ....we are taking every precaution
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm in northern NJ....we are taking every precaution >>

I will be praying that you and everyone else along with your Families are safe!

From Rockford, Illinois (100 miles west of BBCE)

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    ABellPharmDABellPharmD Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    Just west of Philly (Phoenixville). Tied everything down today. I'm regretting not getting a generator after last year's mess. I work from home for a company based out of Kentucky, so they aren't very interested in my hurricane, but if bad tstorms are in Louisville they'll shut down early...it figures. Hopefully everyone is safe and gets through this. If we lose power, maybe I'll have some time to sort a case I've been putting off.
    I collect Cal Ripken cards, T206, E95, E210, R319.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    From a lifelong southern Louisianaier (yeah... that's the right word...), I'm wishing you guys the best. My wife and I just got back from a vacation in New England.

My bit of advice: don't underestimate the power of Mother Nature, but also don't freak out and assume it's the end of the world.

Keep your head on a swivel, HAVE AN ESCAPE PLAN/ROUTE/IDEA, and be ready to GTFO if need be.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options

<< <i>From a lifelong southern Louisianaier (yeah... that's the right word...), I'm wishing you guys the best. My wife and I just got back from a vacation in New England.

My bit of advice: don't underestimate the power of Mother Nature, but also don't freak out and assume it's the end of the world.

Keep your head on a swivel, HAVE AN ESCAPE PLAN/ROUTE/IDEA, and be ready to GTFO if need be. >>

I was questioning the above, then saw the "LSU" notation and understood. The advice above, is like telling an overtime coin flip coin to land upright without a conclusion.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    To clarify, what I mean is that it *can* get bad. It probably won't and if it does, it won't be for that long.

So, understand what you need to do to keep you and yours safe, and be prepared to act on that... but *expect* to just sit and wait it out.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm from South Carolina but am currently in Baltimore Md for work. It looks like the storm will hit a little north of here but there will be lots of rain and strong winds here. Not looking forward to it.
    James >>

I live on the Illinois/Wisconsin border but my daughter and her family live in Baltimore and work in D.C. She said they finally told her not to show up for work tomorrow (She is in the Air Force) and they are hunkering down. Being a Midwesterner, she has no idea what to expect. She is treating this like a mid-winter snow storm that we would always get when she was a kid. As parent, her mother and I cannot help but to be worried and concerned for her and our grand kids.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    If you run out of sandbags, use boxes of 1987-1991 baseball cards.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    nother Rhode Islander here.....live right ON the river....2 years ago this place got 5 feet of water. Hopefully NOT this time!!
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>If you run out of sandbags, use boxes of 1987-1991 baseball cards.

Nick >>

imageimage
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In Altoona, PA. Expecting a lot of rain and strong winds. Should be here soon. >>

Small world. I'm originally from Altoona. These days I'm safely parked in California. Good luck and stay safe to everyone in the storm's path.
  • Options
    winds are starting to pick up....
    no public transportation...my dedicated staff are working to work !!
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    God be with you all , May he place his angels of Protection around each and everyone of your families
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    From bad to worse along the New jersey shoreline...

• Options
    pretty windy here on Cape Cod but the power still on as of now. Probably just jinxed that though

• Options
    Topps29Topps29 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    In Connecticut about 40 minutes from the shore... Everything is buttoned down...
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    image at Scott's picture.

Stay safe, gentlemen. Hope to see you all report back that it was much ado about nothing.
  • Options
    It sure is a windy rainy mess out there. For me the worst of it will be in the very early morning.
  • Options
    Hoboken NJ is in lock down - curfews in place.

welcome to the new world order!
  • Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    South Jersey here about 30 min drive from ATLANTIC CITY. Getting tons of rain all day about an hour away from eye of storm hitting shore line. Stay safe everybody!!!
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I'm in Northern Virginia near Washington, D.C. I still have power, but I also have a big red oak down in my back yard. The neighbor has one down as well, and I felt the rumble of a third one somewhere down the street. Very scary.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    have relatives in New Jersey,Long island,Brooklyn.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Doug (Dboneesq) has no power but said to say "hello" and he's fine.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    Power still on here

Sorry Doug - hope they get it back on soon

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We lost power twice for about a half hour each time. Only about a half inch of rain, but the wind is whipping.
  • Options
    Just outside of Baltimore. Suprised I still have power. Windy as heck, rained all day, have only had to move one tree from driveway so far. Good luck everyone.

Tim
  • Options
    Gusts are getting nasty (70 mph) and I'm fearful that the 2 60 foot pines on both sides of the house might come down. Still a few hours before the winds peak (90-100 mph expected), so I guess I'll see in the morning. Figuring power will be lost overnight and hoping the outage won't be too long...
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    I hope this thing is as awesome as they are saying. I heard possible 30 to 40 foot waves in the Great Lakes. That's unbelievable!

I hope everyone is safe and no one is hurt or loses anything they value, but I love big storms and such.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    shippensburg pa - 1 hour north of hagerstown md...

power has gone out once...came back on ten minutes later...

getting a package ready for Probstein image

no work Tuesday!!!

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Power flickering here on and off for the past 2 hours. Right now just no water downstairs, but high tide is not suppose to hit for another half hour. Full moon and high tide is going to make for alot of coastal flooding. The house makes some very strange noises when the wind gusts over 70 MPH.
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    power flickering here, but no outages,
    family in long branch no power
    bayville no power
    perth amboy no power

probly will go out but for now im good

good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    Watching across the neighborhood and keep seeing a bunch of bright glows spiking in the night. Transformers are blowing out at the rate of about 1 every 2-3 minutes. Utility company has their hands full in the morning!
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    McLean VA - just some flickering....would say gusts around 50 mph for last hour. But certainly picking up some steam now.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    Power lost shortly after midnight. Quick inspection this morning shows a bunch of branches and such, but no serious damage. Will have to sit and wait for power to return and once daylight comes, figure out if the shingles in the yard are mine or the neighbor's. I got all of his leaves, so I hope the shingles are his, too!

Hope everyone escapes significant damage and normalcy returns quickly.