Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ot. about my niece who was murdered - little update

Guys, some of you may recall I posted about 6 mos ago my niece was murdered by her long time boyfriend.
Well since then his family has kept her two young sons away from our family and moved them across country to California.
He is currently out on $2mil bail.
We are currently in a legal battle to try and gain custody but it is costly especially with already paying for funeral expenses
with no help from his family. We do not have the resources his family has.
Please see the link below, I included an article that has other links inside of it to the story.
It is very hard to ask for help.. but I am asking, if you can, please help.

thanks,
Bob

Miracles for Michele

Comments

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not have the resources to help, but i hope those of you that do, will help. Such a terrible thing, and God bless you and your family.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    thank you, prayers are accepted as well.. and if you have a facebook page please share the link if you can
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay strong, Bob.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    I just read the information surrounding the case. Heartbreaking to say the least. How is it that the father's parents wound up with them in the first place?
    Did the judge hear the case last Thurs or is it tomorrow?
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    That is horrible. I am sorry that I was not able to give more. I hope it is true that every small amount helps.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Klif50Klif50 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭
    Sent some, best I can do 3 days before payday. I'll revisit when I get paid on Saturday. In the meantime, could we get this pinned to the top or bumped often?
    Thanks
  • Options
    thank you guys so much for the support.. I knew I could count on you guys..
    it has been unbelievably hard the last few months. The things this family has done and said
    is unthinkable. The have brought our family to our knee's but we won't stop fighting.
    They have the kids because he called them at the same time or before he called police.
    They removed the kids from the scene and have no intention on giving us any visitation at all.
    They have been moved to California to live with the oldest sister/ aunt who they don't know.
    Until recently the boys were split up. I asked thru facebook to another uncle on that side
    that the boys at least be together.
    It seems at least that plea has been granted but unconfirmed. They are away from both sides of the family
    living in California. It makes no sense, but they haven't made any sense this whole time. You would think
    we killed their family member.

It is unbelievable that we cannot get dcfs or the court to just step in and say wait a minute this isn't right
    but it is just not that easy.. unfortunately
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss and the tragic situation.
    I posted this in www.reddit.com/r/Assistance.
    The direct link is
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Assistance/comments/10imvg/please_donate_to_this_cause_help_give_this_family/

The reddit community is usually pretty good at helping.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sent what I could. Good luck!

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers, Bob.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Gave a little to help.
    Good luck with the courts.

Prayers sent,

Joe
  • Options
    Bob,
    Sorry for your loss. I did a google search that led to an article about him being charged. The picture of him in the mug shot I see he looks like a real tool. The article said she caught him cheating on her and she was prepairing to leave him, taking the kids and he wasn't going to let that happen. I am so sorry for your family and hope you can get your nephews back and away from these monsters, including the people that have the kids in California. They are enablers and are accessories in this. I will be sending a contrbution on Friday when I get paid. I hope others will do as well. They cannot get away with this.

Bob L.

Here is the article I found about this monster being charged.

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/news/14015727-418/boyfriend-charged-in-chicago-heights-womans-murder.html

• Options
    thanks again to everyone..
    here is the like that Bob was talking about
    newspaper article

the cheating thing is not confirmed but suspected and actually goes a bit deeper.
    I could go on and on with stories about the evil they have done.
    They have made this an us VS. them situation and we never once blamed his family for this. It is so weird.
    It has taken a huge toll on my family but we will get through.
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss, I too, wish I could send much more, but hopefully, every amount helps!

Please let us know if your family gets custody in the future.
  • Options
    every little bit helps.. I will absolutely keep you guys updated
    and hopefully we will have good news sooner then later and it doesn't
    take years.. but we just have no idea what to expect... you can't plan for this
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Here is my small contribution to Bob's family. I would say this card is worth about $25.00. The next person to donate $50.00 to Bob's family gets this card for free. After making the donation, send Bob a PM with your name and address. Bob will PM me and I will send them the card. Best of luck Bob. Your family, as always, is in my prayers.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    thank you sir.. I appreciate it
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob,
    I hope nothing but the best for you and your family. In honor of 2 greats..........Oakesy25 & Roberto Clemente: The 1st $35 to Oakesy25 will get this card delivered to them. I'll just need an address from Bob when it happens.

Mickey71

• Options
    thanks for the great gestures
  • Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    Bob - I just donated...wish it was more...God bless.

Mike
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donation sent, my sincere thoughts and prayers out to those 2 little kids and your family.
  • Options
    ANOTHER VERY GENEROUS OFFER FROM SEAN1125

sean advised for for any $150 donation to Miracles for Michele
    he will send you this card pic

thank you guys for the kind words and generosity
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Stay strong Bob! I shared with my FB peeps as well.
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Bob- I know you need money now and not advice, but let me offer some anyway. I'd suggest trying to get both families at a table with a professional arbitrator. There are law firms that specialize in this. The emotions involved in cases like this often lead to irrational choices from both sides. It is very plausible that BOTH families want what is best for the children, but that BOTH families assume that the other family wants otherwise. You guys need to get in a room with an arbitrator and just TALK about the welfare of the children. You don't need DFACS or a court system to accomplish this.

Best of luck to you and your family and to the welfare of the kids. I'll be following this thread and anxiously await a positive outcome.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    we have tried that.. only our family is concerned with the best interest of the boys.
    they are not willing whatesoever to talk about it... I can't explain it because it is unexplainable.

If it was as easy as that believe me it would have already happened.
    They blame my sister for him being charged with murder even though anyone with half a brain knows
    they don't just file murder charges because the family wants that.
    They are the most unreasonable clan of people you have ever seen. Never met a bunch like them.
    Their family is almost cult like.

We have already spent thousands of dollars on attorneys, I personally have spent over $5k between
    lawyers, and funeral expenses alone.
    I guess you would have to be a part of it to understand and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    It has a feeling of the kids being kidnapped but we know where they are but can't get them back.
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    NAMATH card spoken for, $150 from mbmiller25..

thank you!
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    Donated
  • Options
    clemente is spoken for
    thanks to echocanyon!
    and mickey71!!
  • Options
    Maybe we can keep this on the front page for the weekend crew...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    bump for the weekenders, many thanks to everyone..
    you guys have come through.. huge
  • Options
    cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Here is my small contribution, Bob. Our prayers go out to you and your family. These items are being donated. Bob, please pm me the donor info- and I will send the cards out.
    1970 Topps Super Clemente PSA 7 $60
    1976 Sporstix Mantle PSA 8 $60
    1967 Topps pin up combo Aaron PSA 6 and Mantle PSA 2 $75
    imageimage
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • Options
    bump for the new additions
    thank you very much!
  • Options
    Here is an interview done of my sister today by ch 7 news

ch 7 interview 9/29
  • Options
    Back to the front page. It's OT but it's important and as a member I consider this a cause I can get behind and stay behind. I'll help keep it on the front page as long as I can unless the OP wishes otherwise.
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭
    Those kids should be with the Mother's family for now, end of story.

I am also amazed that forensic evidence hasn't already made this an "open and shut" case.

Please keep us updated on how this ends up in court. Hope this all works out, and justice is served.
  • Options
    thanks for the bumps guys, I would love it to stay on the front page, and I will keep everyone updated on what
    happens in both the criminal trial and in the custody battle. Unfortunately with our system it could take 2 yrs to go to trial.. hopefully the custody
    portion moves much quicker. The next court date is Oct 16th but my sister is trying to have it pushed up.
    The worst part is he and his family somehow posted the 2mil bail, so he is free to walk around. The family stands by his excuse that it was an "accidental shooting"
    so why if it is an accident would you ship your kids off to California? away from both families? sounds like the actions of a family protecting the kids from a
    murderer to me.

The evidence seems to be substantial but they are completely blind to it.
  • Options
    Back to the top. It's payday, give or take a day.
  • Options
    Let's try it again:

Here is my small contribution to Bob's family. I would say this card is worth about $25.00. The next person to donate $50.00 to Bob's family gets this card for free. After making the donation, send Bob a PM with your name and address. Bob will PM me and I will send them the card. Best of luck Bob. Your family, as always, is in my prayers.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    bump for the great offers
  • Options
    Back to the top
  • Options
    article and a brief update
    link to article
  • Options
    cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    bummp
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • Options
    Tuesday bump
  • Options
    thanks guys, if you read the article I posted the other day you can read the comments below it
    and see I commented to George to call me to discuss the boys, well I haven't heard anything
    not that I was expecting to. Our states attorney knows his defense attorney and said she would speak to him
    and pass along my # to try to talk about the kids. Looks like he is dead set on dragging this through the court
    for no reason.
  • Options
    Back to the top
  • Options
    little update,
    my sister had a court date on oct 16th here in Illinois. But a week prior to that she received a letter from
    California advising that there would be a court date on Oct 15th in Ca. for custody with the aunt from the other side.
    After trying to find an attorney to go to court on our behalf in Ca to get a continuance, we couldn't find one that would do it for less then $1500.
    So my sister flew to california, for the court hearing. It ended up turning out well as the aunt was there in person with her husband and my sister was
    able to speak directly to them. In fact they drove her back to the airport. They told her that they were directed by their attorneys not to speak to our
    family. But it seems like at least for now there is a dialogue happening between the families. My sister finally was able to speak to her grandsons today for the first time in a few months.
    I am optimistic about the prospects of continuing contact. While I don't like the fact they are in California away from both families I am hopeful as long as the lines of communication
    stay open we can work together for the best interest of the kids. I want to thank you guys for your support you played a huge role in that whole scenario.
  • Options
    Progress -- thanks for the update, Bob.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Bob ... so glad to hear that things are going a bit better. Still keeping you guys in my prayers.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug