Home Sports Talk
Options

MNF Packers V Seahawks Officiating Nightmare

MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
Unbelievable nightmare finish for GB tonight!
Michael Gaytan (MrG)
TGF Collection
TGF Sports

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sound you just heard was that of champagne corks be popped by the locked out referees.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That sound you just heard was that of champagne corks be popped by the locked out referees.

MJ >>

I agree this is awful, yet funny to watch.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    pack didn't deserve to win.
  • Options
    Not sure what deserve has to do with it. Calls on both sides of the ball sucked all night long. And until 60 minutes done, the Seahawks still only had 7 points and were losing by 5.
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I'm a 'Hawks fan, and man...that catch was...iffy. And by iffy, I mean Seattle got lucky. However, GB has gotten its fair share of questionable calls over the years.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That whole last drive was BOGUS!!!

The ruffing call....that wasn't
    The interference call that wasn't
    And the catch that wasn't.........PLUS HE PUSHED OFF...and that wasn't called!!!!!!

Terrible calls that cost the Packers the game.......and NO I am not a Packer fan....but can't stand to see bad calls decide a game.

AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TONITE!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I think it is really swell that the NFL let all those Foot Locker employees referee these games!
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options

<< <i>I'm a 'Hawks fan, and man...that catch was...iffy. And by iffy, I mean Seattle got lucky. However, GB has gotten its fair share of questionable calls over the years. >>

I wasn't even iffy. True dat the hawk's caught a break but they sure as heck didn't catch that last pass..............I hate the Packer's but I hate to see anybody get royally screwed worse. MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost in all this is how pitiful the Pack's passing attack has been thus far. What's up with the O line?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Aaron Rodgers Press Conference: "On the 2 point conversion the refs gave me a kicking ball! How am I supposed to throw a kicking ball?"

NFL Network interview with Golden Tate: "Did you push off? NO! I did not push off!"
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    Do you think Madden NFL 2013 will have a replacement referee setting?

MJ
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    If Rodgers hadn't had a kicking ball on that conversion, it probably would have been a 105 yard pick 6.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    The Seahawks offense is hand the ball to Lynch and hope for the best. They have no passing attack at all. It was just brutal to watch. I mean the defense is athletic but the offense is pitiful. The refs blew like 4 big calls in a row. The catch was actually funny. I was laughing thinking that they could not have possibly called that a touchdown.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Not exactly a fan of either team, especially the Packers but I agree the Packers got hosed tonight.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lost in all this is how pitiful the Pack's passing attack has been thus far. What's up with the O line? >>

+1
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    I realize that PI cannot be reviewed, but since the officials were obligated to review the play, and it was a borderline (and I'm being generous) simultaneous possession...wouldn't you think the replay official would just say "you know what, we completely missed an obvious offensive PI, it seems like the GB guy caught it, we should probably reverse this". Especially after the bogus roughing the passer call and the atrocious PI call earlier the previous drive.

I hope the real refs come back, but they are going to be put in a tough spot...the pressure on them to not make any mistakes is going to be huge.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    And the NFL just upheld the official's ruling.

Link

<< <i>Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

The result of the game is final. >>

If it were possible, I'd consider going short on the NFL.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And the NFL just upheld the official's ruling.

Link

<< <i>Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

The result of the game is final. >>

If it were possible, I'd consider going short on the NFL. >>

This! I love this statement and it's exactly how I feel, too. The overexposure (to the point of nauseating) started me down this 'short' path last year with the NFL. Sports, for the most part, are cyclical, and I think it's about time the NFL gets knocked down from it's lofty perch.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another sign that the USA is self destructing.

The NFL "Product" is going into the toilet. Whatever will we do!!!!!!! How will we survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh the humanity of it allimage

In all seriousness, the final play of the game was a joke. The replacement referees are in over their heads (due to lack of experience). The Packers lost a game they should have won. The Seahawks won a game they should have lost.

If the Seahawks qualify for the playoffs by one game and/or if the Packers fail to make the playoffs by one game the critics will point to this game and complain even louder and longer than they are now.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When has the NFL EVER cared about the officiating? I remember Vikings coach Bud Grant way back in the 1970's saying the league should be like MLB and have professional, trained FULL TIME referees.

The NFL can certainly afford it.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Tell him to bring back the real refs now. Call Commissioner Roger Goodell's office directly at (212) 450-2027.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When has the NFL EVER cared about the officiating? I remember Vikings coach Bud Grant way back in the 1970's saying the league should be like MLB and have professional, trained FULL TIME referees.

Joe >>

That's exactly what the lockout is about - the NFL is trying to make the refs, at least some of them, full-time and the refs don't want it.

Tabe
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you think Madden NFL 2013 will have a replacement referee setting?

MJ >>

Quit your day job and write for Leno.image
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I dont know what you are talking about...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Tell him to bring back the real refs now. Call Commissioner Roger Goodell's office directly at (212) 450-2027. >>

HAHA ... I live in NY ... I just called the number. Obviously at 11:55 pm I got the answering machine! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Great game because I got to be on the sideline for it. (Me on the right) What a memory.

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>When has the NFL EVER cared about the officiating? I remember Vikings coach Bud Grant way back in the 1970's saying the league should be like MLB and have professional, trained FULL TIME referees.

Joe >>

That's exactly what the lockout is about - the NFL is trying to make the refs, at least some of them, full-time and the refs don't want it.

Tabe >>

That's the first I have heard of that. What I am hearing is it's about pension money. Either way the NFL can certainly afford to hire and train and PAY the officials and keep them on the field. I for one am sick and tired of having to listen to talk about strikes and lockouts. I have stopped going to games except on a rare special occasion. Too much money for me to pay.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

As a vikings fan I loved the call however, as a true fan of the game the refs really screwed that up. What's even worse is that the call stood after it was reveiwed.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was there. Worst call I have ever seen.

That said.....Go Hawks! image

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    What call are we complaining about? The non-call on pass interference or the reception/interception? I do believe the reception call was correct if you look at the rules. A year or so ago I was watching a game where a receiver caught a ball while in the end zone, came down with both feet in bounds held the ball long enough to establish possession, but then lost the ball either when an opponent hit him or when he fell to the ground.

Pass was called incomplete, as the rule is different than when a player with possession runs it in and it's an automatic TD as soon as the ball crosses the goal line.

I really think the rule is wrong. If a player establishes possession in the end zone play should be over, in that case, ball in Green Bay game would have been an interception.

Joe
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    It got Asian animated, or whatever that 'news' show is called.

http://youtu.be/-McWr0bU6aw
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Possession is not established when the Green Bay player had both hands on it when he was in the air. It was when the player went to the ground. If Golden Tate had both hands on the ball when they hit the ground.......it would be a reception by the rule book. Some of the rules do not support what we see with our eyes.

I believe the call was crazy.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Phil Luckett, of course, was involved somehow in Monday night's debacle (just as he screwed up the Bettis coin flip and the aforementioned Jets-Seahawks game):

Luckett's Luck
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Phil Luckett, of course, was involved somehow in Monday night's debacle (just as he screwed up the Bettis coin flip and the aforementioned Jets-Seahawks game):

Luckett's Luck >>

Luckett didn't screw up the Bettis coin flip. Bettis double-called the coin, trying to be sneaky, and Luckett caught him. Listen to the tape again.

Tabe
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I am in the minority, but I agree with the NFL saying that was a simultaneous catch, and Tate knew he had a shot at it by getting his hands in there. Despite what the ex-NFL player talking heads say, I don't think there is clear cut evidence that it was NOT a simultaneous catch.

They did miss the pass interference call, of course.