Home Precious Metals

Paulson and Soros add gold to their portfolios

http://moneymorning.com/2012/08/27/is-gold-still-the-next-greatest-trade-ever/

Financials don't lie. Even Soros has dropped banks from his company's holdings and has added gold despite his previous remark on gold as "the ultimate bubble".

Comments

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's just paper gold. Doesn't exist.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have said, and will say again, I think gold will be sharply up this late fall, early winter. I cannot cite hard evidence, just an indication I have reading all sorts of articles and looking at charts (and yes, charts are historical, not predictive). Sometimes one has to go with the gut feeling... image Cheers, RickO
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ricko, intuition isn't based on a wild guess - it comes from having the background and evaluating a number of various types of sources, and then doing your own thinking.

But you already knew that, didn't you?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have said, and will say again, I think gold will be sharply up this late fall, early winter. I cannot cite hard evidence, just an indication I have reading all sorts of articles and looking at charts (and yes, charts are historical, not predictive). Sometimes one has to go with the gut feeling... image Cheers, RickO >>

but, but....You've also said that for 2012. I'm not holding my breath for a"sharp" up tick, more like a moderate one instead. (10%+)
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soros dumped GLD for other positions in the miners....such as GDXJ options where there's a greater risk/reward ratio. Miners were at 10-14 year lows in a number of metrics.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy. Im really worried if Ricko is gonna start looking at charts. imageimage
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear