Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

FINALLY!! My PAWN STARS episode is airing MONDAY June 11!! (PICS added - and Comments on My Experien

124»

Comments

• Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think Charmy got the absolute maximum out of them...I don't think they would have paid a penny more. Good job! >>

That's why she's call the "Penny Lady"!image
    Paul
  • Options
    johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice job Charmy! You looked great and handled the whole thing very, very well. I hope they give you a chance to show off your coin expertise down the road. Congrats on being a TV star now! image

Roger >>

+1, and well said. and thanks for filling in what extras you could.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>nice camera - I would have held out for more - nice episode >>

I'm thinking you'd have walked out with your camera! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Cool!
    Good for you.
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$500 asked, $200 offered, settled on $300. Hey Charmy, you got any coins for $500 image >>

Edited to add - sorry for posting this last night - I pre-empted the West coast audience - a thousand pardons!
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw the episode last night.

Congrats on your venture into TV Charmy. It was enjoyable to watch the show and also to follow this thread.

• Options
    bosco5041bosco5041 Posts: 1,303
    I watched it. It was awesome. That is one of my top favorite show and also educational.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Charmy: Pawn Stars may not be scripted in the sense of planned dialogue, but it's not spontaneous at all, is it? >>

Dennis, no it is not planned dialogue at all. I was free to say what I wanted during the negotiations and during the parking lot interview, I was asked questions but could say whatever I wanted there too. As I mentioned, I was guided once or twice for a little more dramatic effect but that was all. >>

Thanks Charmy!

I imagine that there's a lot of filming which never airs since as TV Producers, they never know what folks are going to say or how they are going to react once the camera is turned on. It's their job to make an interesting show which isn't offensive or crud and that will appeal to a wide range of audience members. Without viewers.........no future TV Contracts!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    It's the first time I ever watched the show, but I had to see you. You did great!image
    Becky
  • Options
    RollermanRollerman Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Charmy!
    Nice job! Wouldn't have been fun to say, when they offered less than your starting price of $500, "I'll come down to $450 if that will help you!" They say that a lot from the buying side, been fun to hear it from the sell side. <Grin>
    Now you need to have the "American Pickers" come out and go through all that stuff you've hoarded over the years! <Kidding>
    Best wishes,.
    Pete
    "Ain't None of Them play like him (Bix Beiderbecke) Yet."
    Louis Armstrong
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i thought it was way cool! thanks for some of the behind the scenes info, too.

i think i would have blushed and probably stammered
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    you had Corey on the ropes!!!!
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have traded the camera for the gold glasses! You'd line 'em up around the block at coin shows wearing those babies!

Nice episode.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good stuff charmy, nice job
  • Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Grteat stuff image

"even though the images on the outer layer of the film were exposed there could still be images on the under layers since the film was 20 feet in length"

As works made for the Govt by the Govr anything in there would be Public Domain, no?

Eric
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    That was a great episode!

• Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    "hopefully you won't beat me up too much!)" >>>>>>>> if you were there to sell, no one here could beat you up near as much as they tried to
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome story Charmy!!!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>- The last phrase I said about “He didn’t know who he was dealing with” was in response to their question, “So you gave Corey a pretty hard time today, since you’re the Penny Lady, did he know you were a coin dealer?” I said “I’m a coin dealer and I gave Corey a hard time during our negotiations because he didn’t really know who he was dealing with.” When I first said this, they liked it but asked me to say it with more “attitude” which I did (you know, like “he didn’t KNOW who he was DEALING with (hand on hip, slight tilt and shake of my head, squinting my eyes a little, etc.) but they didn’t air that version. >>

I love it!

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    You came off great Charmy. It was great to see someone on TV that you know, albeit from the online world.
    We,re all buds here.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been looking for a WWII bombing camera for more than 20 years. Do you think they'll let me have it for $2,000?

Fun episode, Charmy. You looked like yourself!
    Lance.
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing all the inside scoop!
    That was a blast watching the show and getting your comments.

And Bryce is right....
    You'd look GREAT in those gold shadesimage

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    As that show goes, that was a TERRIFIC episode! Big Hoss, or whoever he is, is kind of a lump, but I think you did great! You were right ... he had no idea who he was dealing with. But we did. image
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again Everyone, I was so nervous how the edited version would turn out, and I really really appreciate all the kind and positive comments!

FYI, my brother edited the Pawn Stars episode so that my segment shows all by itself and it's now posted on YouTube: Charmy's Pawn Stars Episode
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file