Australia Kookaburra 2012 1oz Silver Proof High Relief Coin
listed for release May 1st.

I think this is the 1st Kook HR!

No pics that I could find.

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• Options
    mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

Thanks carew!I hadnt seen this advertised yet,but it seems like something that I would be interested in.I'll check their website on tuesday.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dammit
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>dammit >>

????
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>dammit >>

???? >>

I might have to get one to quell a kook fetish.
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭

Found a pic. Max mint is 10,000.

Looks like I have to buy one tooimage
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I don't see the potential of the Dragon. It could be an interesting issue, though.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No price listed yet.... any idea of cost/shipping? Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>No price listed yet.... any idea of cost/shipping? Cheers, RickO >>

I would guess they will price it the same of the dragon, AUD 100.
    Shipping is approx $20.
    If it's your first order, the shipping should be free.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2011 Kangaroo high relief is still availabe for sale ... mintage 20k.....not sure if the kook will be a winner. I was wrong in my prediction of the 10 coin dragon set, which turned out to be a dud.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The 2011 Kangaroo high relief is still availabe for sale ... mintage 20k.....not sure if the kook will be a winner. I was wrong in my prediction of the 10 coin dragon set, which turned out to be a dud. >>

I have to agree with OPA, with a 10k mintage, there is a good chance you will be able to get this HR off fleebay for $90ish shipped in the long term.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    I can't seem to get onto the Perth Mint site. I think these went on sale 2 hours ago if my time conversion is correct.

I think this issue could be a winner. The kooks are popular, first year being in high relief, etc etc.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    WTH, I just bought one from PM, figured Why Not?

Paid $120 w/Fedex shipping.

Didn't see any order quantity restrictions, put five in my cart without protest, but reset my quantity back to one before ordering.

Paradise Mint in the States will have them 2nd week of May. Probably cost about the same, maybe? I see Paradise Mint says free shipping. Doh!
  • Options

<< <i>WTH, I just bought one from PM, figured Why Not?

Paid $120 w/Fedex shipping.

Didn't see any order quantity restrictions, put five in my cart without protest, but reset my quantity back to one before ordering.

Paradise Mint in the States will have them 2nd week of May. Probably cost about the same, maybe? I see Paradise Mint says free shipping. Doh! >>

Ordered 3 sets..$320 ..free shipping....paid via Paypal existing funds... 575 left.
  • Options
    I would like to acquire one, but Perth Mint price is too rich for my blood (shipping would also add $20+ to the price.)

Maybe I'll pick one up on ebay when the price drops.
  • Options

<< <i>Do you have a link? I could not find any reference. btw, if you paid via cc your bank will assess you about a 3% currency translation fee. >>

Link - HR Kook
  • Options
    I picked up 3 to get free shipping (on orders $300 or more). 534 left now. I think these will do alright. If I am lucky I can flip 2 and only end up paying melt for the one I keep image
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
    I just picked up three as well. Free shipping to US customers direct from Perth Mint on your first order.

Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    I picked up 3 but where is the number left? I put 600 in my cart and just couldn't come up with the 60,000 AU dollers.
    Currently working with nurmaler. Older transactions....circa 2011 BST transactions Gecko109, Segoja, lpinion, Agblox, oldgumballmachineswanted,pragmaticgoat, CharlieC, onlyroosies, timrutnat, ShinyThingsInPM under login lightcycler
  • Options
    Weird, shows 866 remaining now. Earlier it was below 500.
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought 3 as well!
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    silverman68silverman68 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭
    These will be a hit, just give it a couple weeks.
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK I bought one for the heck of it
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    No longer available for US Customers?
  • Options
    Order page says - "This product is not available in your region"

I don't remember seeing that yesterday when I ordered.

Still have an order in 'Created' status.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought read that for US and Canadian customers that they should buy through Paradise with a link. I don't remember the exact wording. Just enough were I bugged out of the Perth site. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>I thought read that for US and Canadian customers that they should buy through Paradise with a link. I don't remember the exact wording. Just enough were I bugged out of the Perth site. MJ >>

My order was placed 4/30 through the Perth Mint. Paradise Mint must have complained, since they are the sole distributors in the US, and Perth shut down the US & Canadian option from ordering direct from them.

Paradise Mint has 1500 available @ $104.99 with free s&h. (which is a couple of $ less than what the Perth M asking price is, taking into account currency translation fee)

Link
  • Options
    mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

TYVM OPA I was so angry when I tried to order this thru my PM account and was told that I had to order thru paradise mint.Now I have to send Im sorry emails to paradise lol
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I thought read that for US and Canadian customers that they should buy through Paradise with a link. I don't remember the exact wording. Just enough were I bugged out of the Perth site. MJ >>

My order was placed 4/30 through the Perth Mint. Paradise Mint must have complained, since they are the sole distributors in the US, and Perth shut down the US & Canadian option from ordering direct from them.

Paradise Mint has 1500 available @ $104.99 with free s&h. (which is a couple of $ less than what the Perth M asking price is, taking into account currency translation fee)

Link >>

Money Order or Check only?????

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Link >>

Money Order or Check only????? >>

Do Google checkout and you can use your credit card.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Money Order or Check only????? >>

Used my cc for my order.
    No problem.
  • Options
    It would be interesting if the U.S. Mint would catch on like the Perth Mint meaning the Perth sells low mintage items for elevated prices and usually always it's a success. Our mint should only make 10,000 on the 5oz pucks and they would be gone instantly. The high mintage crap is just that, crap, unless its our favorite ASE.

• Options
    Paradise Mint is down to 1200 left & Perth M has not sold out. This may turn out to be another overpriced silver bullion product from Perth, with little or no chance of a price appreciation. We shall see.

More info in this articleMint news blog
  • Options
    My order status @ Perth Mint = cancelled
  • Options

<< <i>My order status @ Perth Mint = cancelled >>

My order is in transit .. expected delivery 5/7
  • Options
    Mine is listed as "packed". Has a tracking number but Fedex doesn't have it in their system yet.
  • Options

<< <i>This may turn out to be another overpriced silver bullion product from Perth, with little or no chance of a price appreciation. We shall see.

>>

I have the same feeling. It will be tough to build a collector base at 3 times the spot price.
    They are cool coins/bullion but they should be sold with a premium similar to the ASE Proof. JMHO
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My order status @ Perth Mint = cancelled >>

My order is in transit .. expected delivery 5/7 >>

On the way with Fed-Ex, delivery date Monday from Perth Mint.
  • Options

<< <i>These will be a hit, just give it a couple weeks. >>

Superb looking piedfort high relief reverse proof coin.....But not turning out to be a hit. No interest in the secondary market and Paradise Mint still sitting on over 1150 of these and has reduced the price if ordering more that one coin.
    Another potential X'mas present for the kids
  • Options
    As the owner of Paradise Mint let me help clarify a few things written on the board about this coin.

1. We are the ones that actually designed the concept of this coin and several more coins that will come out in the future with Perth Mint. High Relief coins are very popular here in the US. We also came up with the concept of the High Relief Dragon and there will now be a High Relief Lunar series every year because of our working with Perth Mint.

2. Our allocation is 5,000 2012 Kookaburra coins and we are the only distributer in the USA that can buy this coin from Perth. Perth does that as we designed the coin and will stock it every year in the future. We have not reduced the price on the coin and don't have any plans to do so. The bulk buy discounts have been there from the beginning. We almost always offer bulk discounts to our customers who buy more than one of the exact same product. Of the 5,000 coins many will be graded by NGC and we now have images of those on our website as well . A few have been wholesaled to other dealers here in the USA. We would like to find a good dealer in Canada to wholesale some to so folks in Canada can also buy them.

In a few days we will be releasing the first 500 struck gilded koala's graded by NGC. Some of you might have gotten in on the first 500 struck 2012 high relief dragons from Perth graded by NGC.

Kevin

• Options
    There is one more part I wanted to comment on.

To the couple people who's orders got canceled by Perth. We are sorry about that. Perth was to reffer all US sales to us on this coin. However Perth didn't have things programmed correctly and about 200 US Customers did place orders with Perth. Perth did contact us about this and our reply was for Perth to keep the orders and to process them rather than cancelling them as we thought that was best for customers and no one wants to have their order canceled. It appears that Perth did cancel a few orders still by accident. We have worked with Perth and next year when we do the launch of the 2012 High Relief Kookaburra things should run a lot smoother.

If you did get your order canceled. Our inventory is live. You can place an order with us and have it ship right away.

For Kilo Collectors. We do have in stock a 2012 Koal Kilo Proof. Only 500 were minted. Kilos are very popular in Europe. We got very lucky and were able to buy 50 coins that the European dealer didn't buy. We have these now in stock in raw, PF69 and PF70 verisions by NGC. If is rare that you get a chance to buy a coin with a mintage of only 50 coins.

http://www.paradisemint.com/

Kevin
  • Options
    Blah, got my "pick up" notice card for my 3 coins today. They say I owe $44 for customs. There shouldn't be any tax or duty (even coming from Austria I believe) on .999 fine silver coming into Canada.

Almost makes me want to bite the bullet and just tell them to send it back.