Home Precious Metals
Options

FED's guest speaker pokes them in the eye

derrybderryb Posts: 36,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bet he doesn't get a return invitation

"In conclusion, it is my belief that from start to finish the Fed is a failure. Again, thank you for inviting me. You have prepared food, so I will not be rude, I will stay and eat. Let’s have one good meal here. Let’s make it a feast. Then I ask you, I plead with you, I beg you all, walk out of here with me, never to come back. It’s the moral and ethical thing to do. Nothing good goes on in this place. Let’s lock the doors and leave the building to the spiders, moths and four-legged rats."

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Be sure to read the whole speech!
    ----- kj
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring it!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Wow! image
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimage

Oh would I have loved to have been in the audience to hear (and see) that one!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    Very good!
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an awesome speech... and message. Fasten your seat belts... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭
    Surreal... thanks for the link.

I don't get over to ZH as often as I'd like to. Few comments down, there is a link to an interview with Bob on anti-war, it was good.
    Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    And if they all walked out and closed the doors, I am afraid it would really be the end for all of us. There is no way out. We are trapped til it all collapses on its own accord. The question is how long do we have......
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And if they all walked out and closed the doors, I am afraid it would really be the end for all of us. There is no way out. We are trapped til it all collapses on its own accord. The question is how long do we have...... >>

Where one ends up in a shuffle depends upon how well one plans -and looks ahead.
    COA
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forwarded this to my oldest son, and we had a lively conversation thereafter. Both of us had read the entire speech, and I will admit to reading and re-reading it.

Today, he sent me an observation he just made;

"You know that speech you sent me? Well, it brings up that since the beginning of the Fed that prices have increased 2,241 percent. A silver dime has increased in price 2,239 percent (of face) as of today.

Just found it interesting."

Thought I'd share ...

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242