Home Precious Metals
Options

Social Economics 101

This about sums it up for me.

Social Economics 101
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the skid and it's well made. But

Rule 6) This forum is about Precious Metals. If your post is not directly related to Precious Metals then this is the wrong forum. Do not post it or your posting privileges may be removed.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Loved It , Fabulous !!!

Makes me want to go out and buy some more Silver and Gold.image
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options

<< <i>I agree with the skid and it's well made. But

Rule 6) This forum is about Precious Metals. If your post is not directly related to Precious Metals then this is the wrong forum. Do not post it or your posting privileges may be removed. >>

OPA, Some of your comments have surely not adhered to your post above.

This video and post by piecesofme is in Good taste and truthfulness, and its also done in an educational manner. But those who wish us all to know nothing and be subserviant to mass persuasion of the populist media instead of truth and awareness of what will destroy not only our own ability to be sucessful individuals, but that of PCGS itself; want this type of simplistic eyeopening information stopped.

I beleive it part of this forum to discuss and be aware of the impacts upon Silver and Gold and other markets; the direction that our elected officials are taking us down. It is relative.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for stating the obvious Numbers, but OPA just has it out for me. I'm sure alot is said about me ATS and in pm's as well, that's fine. It's nice to be the topic of the discussion during slow times lol, I can live with it because those who've actually done transactions with me know the truth.
    I can't say anything, even when it is educational as this topic is, without him calling me into kangaroo court for it. I've learned to just accept it at this point. Not being able to see how it relates to pm's is not my problem.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reagan did us all a favor in authorizing the American Eagle coin series.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good post... have seen it before...but worth watching again.... Logic is something that certain mentalities cannot understand and are unable to fathom. When faced with it, they respond with virulent emotion. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    It seems to me to be just more of the banksters propoganda, to some people capatalism does not equal unchecked greed and corruption. Capitalism does not mean that certain people, who can afford to buy their politicians, should pay lower tax rates. After essentially bankrupting the world they now complain that they can't compete with each other because there are going to be rules they actually need to follow.

I'm a member of the 2%, haven't quite made it to the 1% but I am trying and it annoys me to no end that I can't afford to buy the tax breaks others can. For example if I ran a large hedge fund and made a billion or two a year I could use a special tax rate called carried interest and only pay taxes at 15% instead of the standard income tax rate on a billion dollars. That would save me a pile of cash, I could then invest a small part of that in buying a couple of more /congressman/senators (by donating to their reelection campaign or setting up a superpac for them) and get some more tax breaks. And it's not like I even have to be smart or perform well, after all, a hedge fund that just kept up with the DJIA over a ten year period would be one of the best performers around. Plus in years that we (by that I mean the investors who gave me money) lose money I can just keep 2% of what I got them to invest and let them take the hit on capital losses.

So I guess I am really complaining I am not as good a huckster as others in the world. image