13»

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    that's Amazing Wondo!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got the T200 set - great way to get Cobb, Jackson, Thorpe and others for a fraction of individual card prices. Anybody got upgrades? image >>

Very cool set, Wondo! Thorpe & Shoeless Joe are both on my "I would like to own" list. Congrats on your win.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>I was honestly hoping to win one of these auctions, but I'm blown away that I ended up winning three. I was bidding on four different cards in the auction - and only lost out on one item (1926 Spalding Babe Ruth - PSA 8). The bids I won with were placed well before midnight last night - so I wasn't sure what would happen with them overnight.

1910-1911 M116 Sporting Life (Blue Background) Honus Wagner - SGC 50 (I've wanted to own a Honus Wagner card since I was little. It's not "the" Honus, but it's "a" Honus...and I've been watching this card for a while.)
    1910-1911 M116 Sporting Life (Blue Background) Ty Cobb - SGC 70 (I'm a fan of this set - and the Blue background cards seem to fetch a nice premium over the pastel backgrounds.)
    1929 Rogers Peet #34 Ty Cobb - SGC 88 (I needed this card for my Rogers Peet set, and I felt like it was a great price for the grade.)

I'd love to hear what other board members won, as I know they'll put my haul to shame. Now please excuse me while I search the classified ads for a second job. >>

Jeff,
    I think you did fine on the Rogers Peet Cobb and I love those M116's. Nice pickups.
    Jason
  • Options
    Thanks, Jason! I appreciate it.
    Jeff
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    I won two lots, not really much compared to what has been mentioned. I updated my 53 Mantle. I actually won TWO! I was only thinking one. Anyone looking for an upgrade to their 53 Topps mantle?
    PackManInNC
  • Options

<< <i>I won two lots, not really much compared to what has been mentioned. I updated my 53 Mantle. I actually won TWO! I was only thinking one. Anyone looking for an upgrade to their 53 Topps mantle? >>

Are you kidding - those are huge buys! Congrats on the pickups. There are no better sports card investments than early Mantles, in my humble opinion.
    Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>I won two lots, not really much compared to what has been mentioned. I updated my 53 Mantle. I actually won TWO! I was only thinking one. Anyone looking for an upgrade to their 53 Topps mantle? >>

Which lots?

This is mine, which I got a good price on a while back, but it's not a very solid 5 imo:

• Options
    Congrats to all the high bidders. Post some scans once you get them. image
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    << I won two lots, not really much compared to what has been mentioned. I updated my 53 Mantle. I actually won TWO! I was only thinking one. Anyone looking for an upgrade to their 53 Topps mantle? >>

Which lots?

This is mine, which I got a good price on a while back, but it's not a very solid 5 imo:

PackManInNC
  • Options
    Sorry, not very good at the cut and pasting. I won two lots with 53 topps mantle PSA 6.
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    CollectorAtWorkCollectorAtWork Posts: 859 ✭✭✭
    I won the 1926 Spalding Ruth w/ Ad Back PSA 8. I think this was a good deal since it went for ~1500 including BP, and the Stats back version, which is more common, went for 1700 (before BP), also PSA 8.

There are good deals to be found at REA, but you really have to be patient and disciplined. The first year that I bid in REA, 2 years ago, I way overpaid for a 1933 Goudey lot. Last year, I did a lot better, and this year, I was pretty happy with my discipline. I usually bid on a bunch of lots on the first day that bidding opens, which usually ensures that I will get outbid within a couple days. Then on auction closing day, during Extended bidding, I can look at the lots to determine which are the best value, and bid accordingly. This year, I had some 30 bids out, and I thought prices went high also. For the prewar lots that I looked at, it was much more difficult to determine if there was good break value there. I'm sure there was, but it wasn't a slam dunk to me, and anyway, I had very limited funds due to the previous auctions that ended recently such as Heritage.