Home U.S. Coin Forum

Post a Bright White Mercury Dime! - An Official RickO Approved Thread. ;)

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Comments

• erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some from the raw set.

Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooops, wrong thread... I was looking for the "post a luster bomb toned merc" topic.

imageimage
  • rawmorganrawmorgan Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    One of the only mercury dimes I have in my collection

• CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JRocco, it wouldn't be a bad thing to get those into PCGS HOLDERS. Those are some very nice dimes!

rawmorgan, I like your DIME! Way Cool!

Edit: FadeToBlack, I like your second 42-D very much. Nice One!
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

<< <i>JRocco, it wouldn't be a bad thing to get those into PCGS HOLDERS. Those are some very nice dimes!

rawmorgan, I like your DIME! Way Cool!

Edit: FadeToBlack, I like your second 42-D very much. Nice One! >>

But then they wouldn't be in my raw collection anymore image
  • rmpsrpmsrmpsrpms Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, obverse only...
    PM me for coin photography equipment, or visit my website:

http://macrocoins.com
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    1941 AU58 DDO Top Pop (only three graded so far at PCGS)
    The other two are VF and XF.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Found this old pic of one still in her slab. Sorry for it's quality, shot with an early digi camera.
    The coin is blast white.

<< <i>1941 AU58 DDO Top Pop (only three graded so far at PCGS)
    The other two are VF and XF.

image >>

Darn nice coin Tony. I can't wait to find my MS67FB version. image
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    the "r" of zorro
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

The other two are VF and XF. >>

What are the PUPS on this coin?
    Is it the UST in TRUST ?
    Yes

UST

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

<< <i>

The other two are VF and XF. >>

What are the PUPS on this coin?
    Is it the UST in TRUST ? >>

That is the easiest way to identify the variety, by looking at GOD and TRUST within the motto. PCGS has only certified 3 of these coins in all grades. fcloud owns two of them, there are no Mint State examples and certainly no FB examples. It is proving to be the toughest of the varieties to locate. The second toughest might be the 1935-S/S where PCGS has only certified 4 examples. The highest grade is MS63 and there are no FB examples. The 1939-D/D only has 3 graded but I have a MS63/64 possible FB example that I have yet to send in. The 1939 DDO is pretty tough as well. It only has 5 graded of which I own two...a MS67 that I 'picked and a 66FB example. The 45-D/D FS-501 only has 4 graded and is tough, I have one of the AU58 examples. The 45-S/S FS-503 is very rare in Mint State. There is only one and it is MS60.

That is the general run down of the toughest Merc Varieties. There are special challenges for some others in that they do not exist in FB...but that is another discussion really. image
  • BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    lovely mercs!!!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image
    image >>

i wonder if your white balance is off
    LCoopie = Les
    If anyone finds one of these 1941 DDO coins please feel free to send me a PM. I need a better one for my set.

<< <i>If anyone finds one of these 1941 DDO coins please feel free to send me a PM. I need a better one for my set.

image >>

DO NOT CONTACT FCLOUD!!! He has two of the three that exist. Not fair! Contact MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    shame you 2 don't like my zorro "R"
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some beautiful, blast white Mercs in this thread... wowsers....Thanks Keyman64... Cheers, RickO
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have one for you, ricko, but if I did it would be posted here for you!image
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• JJMJJM Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i wonder if your white balance is off >>

Yep, took those pics a couple years ago when I first got my camera. Have never edited them in any pic software nor have a re photo'd them. Just haven't had the time.

<< <i>There are some beautiful, blast white Mercs in this thread... wowsers....Thanks Keyman64... Cheers, RickO >>

I'm glad RickO chimed in here with his approval. image I went out on a limb with the title of the thread. image

<< <i>shame you 2 don't like my zorro "R" >>

I like your zorro coin.

Now, as far at the other issue. I asked first! Greg could always get one of my others when I upgrade!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file