Ouch

you know

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    crap - and I was planning on dumping my odds and ends this weekend.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And guess who made his South American gold purchase this morning for the 6 continent set. Piece is $30 cheaper...image
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buy opportunity dead ahead

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭

<< <i>buy opportunity dead ahead >>

yea but you need that green paper stuff.... all I have is white and yellow metal
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    yawn. we've seen this movie a million times.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options

<< <i>

yea but you need that green paper stuff.... all I have is white and yellow metal >>

white and yellow is good, but not so good to play the volatility. Paper is your friend on very short term ups and downs.

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

It's my fault again guys, I bought a good chunk Monday night and yesterday.......

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>It's my fault again guys, I bought a good chunk Monday night and yesterday.......

image >>

No no, it's mine. Every time I buy foreign metal online it drops, every time, like Colt 45.
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭
    Glad I sold my SLV calls yesterday. Looking to get back in but will wait until things settle down.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have preferred the $75 selling oportunity that your crystal ball had forecast by July 1image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will a flash mob hit the U.S. Mint ?
  • Options

<< <i>

I would have preferred the $75 selling oportunity that your crystal ball had forecast by July 1image >>

Crystal ball remains unchanged. I like the volatility between now and then. image

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Easy come, faster go!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    if one is playing paper and was long, yeah fer sure

i guess i should look over at the AU and AG charts for the rollercoaster pic again!image

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we having fun yet?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are we having fun yet? >>

Could not resist APMEX sale...Silver at $1.29 over spot on a lot of their generic silver items.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well we were thinking about going to Six Flags Magic Mountain
    this weekend but after the last few hours, I'm not sure I wanna
    now.

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It's my fault again guys, I bought a good chunk Monday night and yesterday.......

image >>

No no, it's mine. Every time I buy foreign metal online it drops, every time, like Colt 45. >>

You guys weren't the only ones buying silver the past couple of days.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    is there a app for my laptop or a specific web site you guys use to keep updated on the prices throughout the day? I just go to Provident but I am sure there is a better place to go.

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Options

<< <i>is there a app for my laptop or a specific web site you guys use to keep updated on the prices throughout the day? I just go to Provident but I am sure there is a better place to go. >>

kitco silver, be sure to refresh each time for latest quote

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Kitco for quotes and news. APMEX has a iphone app that gives you current price quotes.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    I like the Bloomberg app on the ipad for commodities/stocks/etc etc. Agree with Kitco for the laptop/desktop.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

No no, it's mine. Every time I buy foreign metal online it drops, every time, like Colt 45. >>

You guys weren't the only ones buying silver the past couple of days.image >>

I wish I was on silver. Gold today, right before the plunge.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Kitco also has a free app in the apple store that is quite good.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    vibr0nicvibr0nic Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    Ouch? Heck, I was thinking Opportunity.
    I like large size currency and silver dollars.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double "ouch" !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    What triggered it is what I'm wondering about?
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options

<< <i>What triggered it is what I'm wondering about? >>

The markets believe Bernanke when he says he won't be creating new QE. They will soon come to their senses, stock up.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ******Famous Quote, from 57loaded, just yesterday******:

the biggest banksters KNOW what will be said before and will "play" acordingly.

Okay, is anyone really surprised about this takedown? I mean, really?

I've been stacking cash for about the past 6 months, and I may have to spend some of it now.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>******Famous Quote, from 57loaded, just yesterday******:

the biggest banksters KNOW what will be said before and will "play" acordingly.

Okay, is anyone really surprised about this takedown? I mean, really?

I've been stacking cash for about the past 6 months, and I may have to spend some of it now. >>

No I suppose not. It's like a recurring nightmare, after the fist couple of times you realize its just another dream, and then go on about your business.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost out on some profit taking. I kept telling myself....sell at $37, I can always get back into it. Stayed up all night thinking about it, Benanke takes his seat and it was rising, says something and silver drops 50 cents. I tell myself, ok, sell at $36.50 but I wait, seeing it creep back up to $36.86. Ok, the heck with it, I would have made only $30. Called it a day, snoozed, wake up, silver is down to $34 something. image

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>is there a app for my laptop or a specific web site you guys use to keep updated on the prices throughout the day? I just go to Provident but I am sure there is a better place to go. >>

kitco silver, be sure to refresh each time for latest quote >>

Click on the chart icon for silver. It looks rather amazing!
  • Options
    I use a free kitco download for my PC that shows current spot prices in my task bar.

Kitco taskbar download

• Options

<< <i>I use a free kitco download for my PC that shows current spot prices in my task bar.

Kitco taskbar download >>

Thanks Derrb, Installed.
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>"I'd be very happy to talk to you about it "

See what talking gets us ? >>

Thanks twosides, did you also watch the accompanying Warsh interview by Ludlow, that was very interesting also. He (warsh) speaks with a not to subtle apprehension of that window of opportunity and if its not taken heed to.. what the results will be.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    I love the big swings of silver. Put up a free ad on a site similar to craigslist, and ended up moving virtually all of my undesirable junk silver for full spot price. I'm in Canada so that's the 50% silver dimes/quarters and 50-80% 1967 dimes/quarters. They're about on par with the USA 40% silver half dollars.

Even though the spot price isn't any different than it was a week ago, it's the psychological "gotta buy this deal now!" mentality that allowed me to make three separate sales tonight.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    Numbers, I did watch the subsequent interview.
  • Options
    Typical smackdown (at exactly the time BB was speaking). The future of the dollar and how our leaders deal with massive debt problems continue to be the driving forces for long term PM value. Outlook remains unchanged.

Think of it as a buying opportunity

Embry - Gold & Silver Smash Temporary, Oil to Super-Spike

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's review. Regardless of what "the Chairman" says, if he allows rates to go up the stock market will crash and bond defaults will be accelerated. Government's record is quite poor from the perspective of bondholders, whether it is GM or the ECB. Besides that, low bond yields are a sure bet to lose ground. If you are a bondholder in this environment, I have to question why you would do that. Does "safety" now equate to a guaranteed erosion of capital?

If "the Chairman" holds rates at abnormally low levels, the only way to do it is through massive money creation. Otherwise, the bond market will demand more return for a commensurate amount of risk. Liquidity is what floats the stock market, gold and other commodities as well. So, either he keeps rates low, or he doesn't. It can't be both!

This hit on gold and silver was way disproportionate to what was happening in other markets, and I would posit that without the big banks" ability to play with paper on corrupt exchanges, the metals would barely have moved yesterday.

If we assume that the main purpose in any market manipulation is to control the wealth, it makes sense to me to step aside - to take my ball and go home. The more we do that, the less control they have over our money and our lives. Live to play another day.

And keep stackin'. It's real money.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    slincslinc Posts: 480 ✭✭
    No worries I bought a little tuesday which I guess if I waited til wednesday I would have got a little more. I'll buy a little next week and so on. Actually reading through some articles I saw bonds mentioned and it reminded me I bought a $200 bond early last year which I checked on and it was redeemable so I guess I'll buy a little more next week then this week.